Thread: What is the reason for Native American results in a South Asian on myOrigins2?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Deccan Muslim
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1
    mtDNA
    U7b

United States of America India Tanzania

What is the reason for Native American results in a South Asian on myOrigins2?

Okay so I have trace results from North America and one other South Asian girl I knew did as well, I was wondering why this happens? I can understand Oceania(which I also got) and maybe east/SE Asia but Native American seems way too far. Is there a possible genetic link in the form of an ancient ancestor that branched off in Eurasia before spreading to North America and South Asia?

Edit: for the record, WeGene did this too but they gave me SE Asia and China too, so there's a continuous link which makes sense...but ftDNA skipped over east Asia and just went to North America which is curious...
    Last edited by Censored; 02-14-2018 at 05:33 AM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Russian/a bit Ashkenazi
    Nationality
    Russian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Z92>YP569

Russian Federation Ukraine Belarus Israel
    Just common ANE genes?..
    myOrigins: 77% East Europe, 14% Finland, 2% Siberia, 2% Northeast Asia, 2% Central Asia, <2% North and Central America
    GEDmatch: T159830 (me), T276978 (maternal granny)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    Okay so I have trace results from North America and one other South Asian girl I knew did as well, I was wondering why this happens? I can understand Oceania(which I also got) and maybe east/SE Asia but Native American seems way too far. Is there a possible genetic link in the form of an ancient ancestor that branched off in Eurasia before spreading to North America and South Asia?

Edit: for the record, WeGene did this too but they gave me SE Asia and China too, so there's a continuous link which makes sense...but ftDNA skipped over east Asia and just went to North America which is curious...
    I get 1-2% Oceanian in all my Ethnicity results...about half also give me 1% NA...I'm heavily Western European!