Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Maternal Ydna results

  1. #21
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,111
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b>L283>PH1751
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a>L1029>Y133383

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Perhaps for us it was but for the Caucasian Albanians it was given to them by the Romans, they have absolutely no link to us
    Ahh I read it wrong, Thought you meant us. lol
    Known Ancestry: Albanian
    23andme results: 94% Balkan, 0.9% Italian, 0.8% Middle Eastern, 2.2% broadly southern European, 0.3 British & Irish, 0.3% Japanese, 0.5% unassigned
    MyOrigins2.0: 100% Southeast European
    MyAncientOrigins: 62% Farmer, 24% Hunter Gatherer, 14% Metal Age Invader
    MyHeritage: 76% Greek, 16% Balkan, 8% Italian
    WeGene: 99.5% Balkan, 0.5% unassigned
    GenePlaza: 92.7% East Mediterranean, 5.2% Southwestern European, 1.5% Ambiguous
    DNA.LAND: 95% Balkan, 5% Sardinian

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

     Kelmendasi (02-20-2018)

  3. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    178
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    mtDNA (M)
    T2

    Bulgaria
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    Are you trying to suggest a link with Caucasian Albania lol? In fact it's that this Silikyan guy has distant origin from the Balkans as suggested by how E-V13 and S7461 have origin in the Balkans so it does suggest that his ancestors came via the Romans or Balkan peoples such as the Macedonians. The Caucasus theory was also proved wrong by culture and linguistics, the theory was only based on the name of the country which was in fact given to them by Romans. He isn't even close, the people who are actually pretty close(not really close as they are just Y25 matches) are from the Czech republic, Italy, Ireland and the US as they are Step 1 matches on Y25.
    I clearly said Albanians are 100% Balkan, but if really connected to the Udi people, the explanation is up to you. If connected to an Azerbaijani, yes, they have recent Turkish input, but the Udi lived in isolation in the mountains for a long time.
    Anyway, this discussion is useless until your deep SNP results come out. But my initial advice stays - Balkan people should look first at their local matches for a guidance. Even having recent Middle East matches is more likely than British as we were 500 years under the Ottoman, not British empire.

  4. #23
    Registered Users
    Posts
    226
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1l
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS241

    Albania Kosovo Montenegro
    Quote Originally Posted by eastara View Post
    I clearly said Albanians are 100% Balkan, but if really connected to the Udi people, the explanation is up to you. If connected to an Azerbaijani, yes, they have recent Turkish input, but the Udi lived in isolation in the mountains for a long time.
    Anyway, this discussion is useless until your deep SNP results come out. But my initial advice stays - Balkan people should look first at their local matches for a guidance. Even having recent Middle East matches is more likely than British as we were 500 years under the Ottoman, not British empire.
    The Udi or Azeris have no link to Albanians. And the matches that are from west Europe are by far closer than this one guy from Asia as I have explained before.
    Last edited by Kelmendasi; 02-20-2018 at 10:00 PM.
    Ftdna MyOrigins 2.0: 100% SE European

    23andme: 100% Balkan

    Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

    Ydna: J1>P58>YSC234>ZS241

    Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

    Mtdna: T1a1l

  5. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    226
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1l
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS241

    Albania Kosovo Montenegro
    Quote Originally Posted by bpr View Post
    Almost all those names on that list are western european, which makes your remark about middle east slightly odd. The only obviously muslim name there is "Abdurrahmani" but that could easily be a Bosnian who
    is autosomally more slav than the average serb but simply has a muslim name.

    Also there is an albanian name there:

    6 E14425 Gacaferi E1b1b1 E-V13 13 24 13 10 16 18 11 12 12 13 11 30 15 9 9 11 11 26 14 20 32 16 16 16 17 9 11 19 21 16 12 17
    Exactly, there are only 2 matches from west Asia on 25 markers(not even close) and they are step 2 which is not close at all, the closest are all from Europe like the rest of the matches apart from those 2 west Asian
    Ftdna MyOrigins 2.0: 100% SE European

    23andme: 100% Balkan

    Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

    Ydna: J1>P58>YSC234>ZS241

    Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

    Mtdna: T1a1l

  6. #25
    Registered Users
    Posts
    226
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1l
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS241

    Albania Kosovo Montenegro
    Y25 ancestral origins matches:

    Ftdna MyOrigins 2.0: 100% SE European

    23andme: 100% Balkan

    Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

    Ydna: J1>P58>YSC234>ZS241

    Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

    Mtdna: T1a1l

  7. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,111
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b>L283>PH1751
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a>L1029>Y133383

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelmendasi View Post
    The Udi or Azeris have no link to Albanians. And the matches that are from west Europe are by far closer than this one guy from Asia as I have explained before.
    Ignore her. She is literally on Eupedia saying that Albanians only spread out from a small population 300 years ago. Yes, according to her, most Albanians weren't occupying any of the lands they hold today only 300 years ago. Can't speak more ignorance than with records to the contrary.
    Last edited by Dibran; 02-21-2018 at 12:19 AM.
    Known Ancestry: Albanian
    23andme results: 94% Balkan, 0.9% Italian, 0.8% Middle Eastern, 2.2% broadly southern European, 0.3 British & Irish, 0.3% Japanese, 0.5% unassigned
    MyOrigins2.0: 100% Southeast European
    MyAncientOrigins: 62% Farmer, 24% Hunter Gatherer, 14% Metal Age Invader
    MyHeritage: 76% Greek, 16% Balkan, 8% Italian
    WeGene: 99.5% Balkan, 0.5% unassigned
    GenePlaza: 92.7% East Mediterranean, 5.2% Southwestern European, 1.5% Ambiguous
    DNA.LAND: 95% Balkan, 5% Sardinian

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

     Kelmendasi (02-20-2018)

  9. #27
    Registered Users
    Posts
    226
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1l
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1-ZS241

    Albania Kosovo Montenegro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    Ignore her. She is literally on Eupedia saying that Albanians only spread out from a small population 300 years ago. Yes, according to her, most Albanians weren't occupying any of the lands they hold today only 300 years ago. Can't speak more ignorance than that recorded records to the contrary.
    Lol, evidence suggests 1,500 years ago but she can believe whatever she wants to. Im not taking much of it seriously after her trying to make some big deal out of 1 step 2 Y25 match from Azerbaijan lol xD
    Ftdna MyOrigins 2.0: 100% SE European

    23andme: 100% Balkan

    Geneplaza K25: 100% Greek-Albanian

    Ydna: J1>P58>YSC234>ZS241

    Maternal Ydna: E-V13>CTS5856*

    Mtdna: T1a1l

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelmendasi For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (02-21-2018)

  11. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    65
    Sex
    Location
    Albania
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    Albanian

    Albania
    Quote Originally Posted by eastara View Post
    I clearly said Albanians are 100% Balkan, but if really connected to the Udi people, the explanation is up to you. If connected to an Azerbaijani, yes, they have recent Turkish input, but the Udi lived in isolation in the mountains for a long time.
    Anyway, this discussion is useless until your deep SNP results come out. But my initial advice stays - Balkan people should look first at their local matches for a guidance. Even having recent Middle East matches is more likely than British as we were 500 years under the Ottoman, not British empire.
    Macedonian Prime Zoran Zaev: I'm of Albanian descent! There are 25 million Orthodox Albanians in Balkans

    Following news that Vice Prime Minister and Vice President of SDSM, Radmila Šekerinska has Albanian roots, the media close to VMRO have declared of Albanian Orthodox descent also the Prime Minister of Macedonia Zoran Zaev.

    "I have Albanian Orthodox origin, both from grandmother and grandfather since the Illyrians of Strumica accepted the Orthodox faith. Over time, the Slavs, mostly with violence, assimilated and imposed the Macedonian language.

    But all this is history. I forgive and we have to forget those things now and we should build a society and life for everyone. I do not know how to speak in Albanian because the Albanian language is not my mother tongue, but the language of the elderly grandparents, but it does not matter how we talk but important is of how we feel. I feel an Albanian Orthodox.

    More than 25 million Orthodox Albanians live in the Balkans, mainly in FYROM, Greece, Albania and Serbia. That is why we easily understand the Greeks. Gruevski was fascist and ethnically pure, and with such a person can not be negotiated "- Zaev said.
    Last edited by Labėria; 02-22-2018 at 06:30 AM.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Labėria For This Useful Post:

     Gheg (02-24-2018),  Modernancientdna (02-22-2018)

  13. #29
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,111
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b>L283>PH1751
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a>L1029>Y133383

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Labėria View Post
    Macedonian Prime Zoran Zaev: I'm of Albanian descent! There are 25 million Orthodox Albanians in Balkans

    Following news that Vice Prime Minister and Vice President of SDSM, Radmila Šekerinska has Albanian roots, the media close to VMRO have declared of Albanian Orthodox descent also the Prime Minister of Macedonia Zoran Zaev.

    "I have Albanian Orthodox origin, both from grandmother and grandfather since the Illyrians of Strumica accepted the Orthodox faith. Over time, the Slavs, mostly with violence, assimilated and imposed the Macedonian language.

    But all this is history. I forgive and we have to forget those things now and we should build a society and life for everyone. I do not know how to speak in Albanian because the Albanian language is not my mother tongue, but the language of the elderly grandparents, but it does not matter how we talk but important is of how we feel. I feel an Albanian Orthodox.

    More than 25 million Orthodox Albanians live in the Balkans, mainly in FYROM, Greece, Albania and Serbia. That is why we easily understand the Greeks. Gruevski was fascist and ethnically pure, and with such a person can not be negotiated "- Zaev said.
    Where is the source? the only source that pops up with him "saying this" is ocnal.com.(http://www.ocnal.com/2018/02/macedon...aev-im-of.html) A site run by Albanians. Even a google search of the quote bares only this site as a reference. It is important to make sure the site you pull your source from has multiple outlets of transmission to support the story. Don't get me wrong, Eastara is a complete delusional person. However, you spreading delusions too, does not help.
    Last edited by Dibran; 02-25-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    Known Ancestry: Albanian
    23andme results: 94% Balkan, 0.9% Italian, 0.8% Middle Eastern, 2.2% broadly southern European, 0.3 British & Irish, 0.3% Japanese, 0.5% unassigned
    MyOrigins2.0: 100% Southeast European
    MyAncientOrigins: 62% Farmer, 24% Hunter Gatherer, 14% Metal Age Invader
    MyHeritage: 76% Greek, 16% Balkan, 8% Italian
    WeGene: 99.5% Balkan, 0.5% unassigned
    GenePlaza: 92.7% East Mediterranean, 5.2% Southwestern European, 1.5% Ambiguous
    DNA.LAND: 95% Balkan, 5% Sardinian

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dibran For This Useful Post:

     palamede (03-06-2018)

  15. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    280
    Sex

    The news above about Zaev is fake.
    If i remember correctly it was just some of Zaev's political opponents who did this article as a joke(because they think he is to pro-albanian).

    I think that ocnal website also is a joke made by anti-albanians. For example it has articles about Donald Trump and George Washington being albanian. Haha. I dont think any albanian would post stuff like that, as it just makes us seem plain dumb.
    Last edited by ernekar; 02-25-2018 at 08:07 PM.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ernekar For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (03-06-2018),  Trojet (02-25-2018)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 54
    Last Post: 11-21-2018, 03:17 PM
  2. MyHeritage DNA Results: Maternal Line, Three Generations
    By MischievousRaven in forum MyHeritage
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2018, 10:26 PM
  3. Ydna L vs Ydna T distibution in South Asia
    By newtoboard in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2017, 05:59 AM
  4. My maternal 23andme results
    By Hanna in forum 23andMe
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 08:18 PM
  5. Ydna matches with Maternal lines
    By Claxon in forum R1b General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2013, 02:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •