Swedish
    Y-DNA
    R-Z93
    mtDNA
    P: J1b1a3

Sweden Iran Safavid Empire Turkey Azerbaijan

Lightbulb J1b1

Hi,

my father is carrying the mt haplogroup(subclave) J1b1(a3), is there anyone else here with the same haplogroup (or even better subclave?

If so, do you know more about this haplogroup - such as origin or research papers one could read.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Araz95 For This Useful Post:

Lupus82 (02-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA
    G2a-L30
    mtDNA
    N1b1

Kurdistan
    I have uploaded the raw data of my cousin onto the mtDNA haplogroup predictor.
    According to the analysis, the mother of my cousin has the mtDNA haplogroup J1b1b

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    IE
    Nationality
    USA IE
    Y-DNA
    M222+ DF109
    mtDNA
    J1b1 J1b1a1a

My mtDna is J1b1a1a.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R-Z255
    mtDNA
    J1b1a1a

Germany England Ireland Philippines Spain India
    I'm also J1b1a1a, according to James Lick's site; J1b1a1 according to 23andMe. Here's what 23andMe says:
    Your maternal line stems from a branch of haplogroup J called J1b1a. All the members of J1b1a descend from a woman who lived only 8,000 years ago. The distribution of her descendants was greatly influenced by the expansion of agriculture into Europe from the Middle East. J1b1a arose at the same time and place that agriculture developed in the region. Farming women and their families carried the haplogroup west through Turkey and the Balkans, then across central Europe in search of fertile soil. Today J1b1a can be found broadly across Europe, particularly in northern and western European populations.

Your maternal haplogroup, J1b1a1, traces back to a woman who lived approximately 7,000 years ago. That's nearly 280.0 generations ago! What happened between then and now? As researchers and citizen scientists discover more about your haplogroup, new details may be added to the story of your maternal line.

By 4,000 years ago an offshoot of J had made it all the way to the western edge of Europe, becoming entrenched among the Celtic-speakers of the British Isles. But even that wasn't the end of the journey. Beginning in the 8th century AD, Viking raiders who regularly pillaged coastal Britain and Ireland often sailed back home with Celtic women aboard. Some of those women carried this branch, so that today there are Norwegians and even Icelanders with the far-flung J haplogroup.
    In my case, I suspect my matrilineal ancestors were Scots-Irish based on a lot of circumstantial evidence, though I haven't been able to follow the female line out of the U.S. yet.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    IE
    Nationality
    USA IE
    Y-DNA
    M222+ DF109
    mtDNA
    J1b1 J1b1a1a

My maternal grandmother was born in County Cork, Ireland, as was her mother, and grandmother. I am sure that at one time they spoke Irish-Gaelic.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    N-Z1927
    mtDNA
    H1h

United States of America Denmark Norway Sweden Germany Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lee View Post
    My maternal grandmother was born in County Cork, Ireland, as was her mother, and grandmother. I am sure that at one time they spoke Irish-Gaelic.
    A relation of mine via a 16th century marriage

Peadar_Ua_Laoghaire

Munster_Irish today

I hear overall Irish (Gaelic) is making a slow but solid comeback, and in the cities, where it wasn't spoken as much originally.
    My 23andMe kit into Eurogenes K36 then oracle (thanks to lukaszM):

nMonte restricted: Ireland 48.05, SW-England 20.95, Finnish East 20.05, Russian Tver 3.70, Latvian 3.15, Mari 1.90, Lithuanian 1.30, French Basque 0.90, Orcadian 0.00

nMonte full: Ireland 45.70, Finnish East 20.05, SW-England 20.05, Russian Tver 4.10, Orcadian 3.05, Latvian 2.45, Mari 1.95, Lithuanian 1.45, French Basque 1.00, W-England 0.15, Belarusian East 0.05

Maternal uncle: R1b-U152

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    IE
    Nationality
    USA IE
    Y-DNA
    M222+ DF109
    mtDNA
    J1b1 J1b1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lee View Post
    Their surnames were Dillon, Linane, and Delee. They were in West Cork.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP445
    mtDNA
    J1c2b

England Germany Palatinate Italy Sicily Ireland Munster Acadia United States Tree Flag
    My maternal line comes from the border of Counties Cork and Waterford in Ireland, and I am J1c2b. My maternal grandmother's maternal grandmother, Ellen Ryan, was born in 1873 and her birth certificate was in two languages, English and Irish Gaelic.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted

My paternal grandmother's mtdna is J1b1a1 .Like me she is also a Christian from Kerala , India . I guess this haplogroup landed in India through indo european migrations .