Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 143

Thread: Epicanthic fold in North Western European

  1. #101
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,837
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Indo-europeen
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y33 Kurgan/ CWC
    mtDNA (M)
    H76

    European Union Poland Germany Lithuania Romania Ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    "Our data show that a variant in EDAR that affects tooth shape, hair follicles and thickness, sweat, and mammary gland ductal branching and that occurs at nearly 100%
    frequency in present day Native Americans and East Asians
    (Kamberov et al., 2013) was not fixed in USR1, Anzick-1, a
    Brazil_LapaDoSanto_9600BP individual and a Brazil_Laranjal_
    6700BP individual, all of whom carry the ancestral allele
    (Table S7)."
    http://xn--c1acc6aafa1c.xn--p1ai/wp-...History-of.pdf

    Anzick-1 indeed was not fixed for EDAR, but heterogenous.
    "USR1 was heterozygous for the EDAR mutation. Anzick 1 was also heterozygous for it ... all pure modern Amerindian populations are fixed or close to being fixed for the mutation."
    https://genetiker.wordpress.com/2018...locene-alaska/
    It is very interesting with Ancestral A and Ancestral B you can also establish a connection with languages ​​through the migration of the native peoples of America. Almost all languages ​​belong to the macro family "Amerid" only the Na-Dené languages ​​do not belong to it? that some indigenous tribes in Brazil have a genetic connection to the populations in the Pacific area (Papa New Guinea), early contacts or was there a population in the Amazon basin before the "natives"?
    Alain Dad
    Y-DNA R1a-Y33 Eastern Corderd Ware Culture Baltoslavic/ old Pruzzen
    H76 czech Republic/England (Celtic tribes ?) W3a1d Yamnaya Culture, Samara /Pontic steppe
    Scytho-sarmatian.

    Eurogenes Global 25 Calculator/Modern

    My:
    Polish: 27.8%
    German: 21.9%
    Greek_Central_Macedonia: 20.0%
    Italian_Bergamo: 17.4%
    Russian_Voronez: 10.4%
    Mari: 2%
    Moldovan: 0.2%
    Italian_Northeast: 0.2%
    Other: 0.1%

  2. #102
    Registered Users
    Posts
    153
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Yet it has zero to do with Mongoloid anatomy or the true epicanthic fold. He rather has very low, rectangular, quite deep and fairly small orbits with a very deep nasion in comparison to the glabellar region. He has other facial peculiarities, which can be interpreted in many ways and are somewhat out of the ordinary, but all of this has zero to do with East Asian proper. And his eyes are completely free from any sort of epicanthic fold, whether be it pseudo or true one. He will get, because of his eye regions anatomy and soft parts, quite hooded eyes when aging.
    Are hooded eyes considered Mongoloid in your opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    "Our data show that a variant in EDAR that affects tooth shape, hair follicles and thickness, sweat, and mammary gland ductal branching and that occurs at nearly 100%
    frequency in present day Native Americans and East Asians
    (Kamberov et al., 2013) was not fixed in USR1, Anzick-1, a
    Brazil_LapaDoSanto_9600BP individual and a Brazil_Laranjal_
    6700BP individual, all of whom carry the ancestral allele
    (Table S7)."
    http://xn--c1acc6aafa1c.xn--p1ai/wp-...History-of.pdf

    Anzick-1 indeed was not fixed for EDAR, but heterogenous.
    "USR1 was heterozygous for the EDAR mutation. Anzick 1 was also heterozygous for it ... all pure modern Amerindian populations are fixed or close to being fixed for the mutation."
    https://genetiker.wordpress.com/2018...locene-alaska/
    Are hooded eyes controlled by EDAR?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to davit For This Useful Post:

     parasar (09-23-2020)

  4. #103
    Registered Users
    Posts
    824
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by davit View Post
    Are hooded eyes considered Mongoloid in your opinion?
    Not at all, they completely different from the true epicanthic fold at the inner eye corner, common in East Asians/Mongoloids. Hooded eyes are fairly common in (especially older) North Western Europeans and are just saggy skin, stronger at the outer corner of the eye.

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Riverman For This Useful Post:

     Alain (09-24-2020),  davit (09-24-2020),  Onur Dincer (09-24-2020),  vishankar (09-26-2020)

  6. #104
    Registered Users
    Posts
    246
    Sex
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-YP445
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2b

    England Germany Palatinate Italy Sicily Ireland County Tipperary Canada Nova Scotia Mercia
    I have eyes like Carlsen and am 87.5% Northwestern European; I seriously doubt the .7% Native American I also carry would influence it.

  7. #105
    Registered Users
    Posts
    153
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    Not at all, they completely different from the true epicanthic fold at the inner eye corner, common in East Asians/Mongoloids. Hooded eyes are fairly common in (especially older) North Western Europeans and are just saggy skin, stronger at the outer corner of the eye.
    They look really strong and masculine imo.

    https://magnumworkshop.com/wp-conten.../niceeyes1.jpg

  8. #106
    Registered Users
    Posts
    50
    Sex

    Djibouti Ethiopia Somalia Egypt Eritrea Sudan
    Epicanthic fold in Western Europe is likely due to them mixing with mongoloids and sami people. And that is crossover trait due to that.

    These people live spread out in Siberia, North Western Europe and Antartica. Inuits and Nganasan are an example. Sami people seem to be more mixed with Scandinavian germanic tribes so they look like a quasi mongoloid-scandi at times.

  9. #107
    Registered Users
    Posts
    824
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirix View Post
    Epicanthic fold in Western Europe is likely due to them mixing with mongoloids and sami people. And that is crossover trait due to that.

    These people live spread out in Siberia, North Western Europe and Antartica. Inuits and Nganasan are an example. Sami people seem to be more mixed with Scandinavian germanic tribes so they look like a quasi mongoloid-scandi at times.
    The funny thing is that this individual you presented has very strong Mongoloid traits otherwise, but no real, especially no pronounced epicanthic fold. His inner eye corner is free and the fold is upwards of the cilia. These Siberians had not always that storng Mongoloid features. Compare with this typical eye shape with a true and pronounced epicanthic fold:
    Last edited by Riverman; 09-27-2020 at 05:48 PM.

  10. #108
    Registered Users
    Posts
    50
    Sex

    Djibouti Ethiopia Somalia Egypt Eritrea Sudan
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    The funny thing is that this individual you presented has very strong Mongoloid traits otherwise, but no real, especially no pronounced epicanthic fold. His inner eye corner is free and the fold is upwards of the cilia. These Siberians had not always that storng Mongoloid features. Compare with this typical eye shape with a true and pronounced epicanthic fold:
    Just noticed it now. Ironically some Asians have double eyelids at a rarer rate and still maintain the same eye ship. The eye shape of that girl and that siberian man are very similar to eachother nonetheless.

  11. #109
    Registered Users
    Posts
    153
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    1/2 Italian, 1/2 Armenian
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirix View Post
    Just noticed it now. Ironically some Asians have double eyelids at a rarer rate and still maintain the same eye ship. The eye shape of that girl and that siberian man are very similar to eachother nonetheless.
    Can someone explain the difference between an epicanthic fold and other folds? Are these epicanthic folds or how would you describe them?






    Also is it me but does these type of eyes in Europeans have are very horizontally aligned whereas folded eyes in Asian more diagonally aligned?

  12. #110
    Registered Users
    Posts
    824
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirix View Post
    Just noticed it now. Ironically some Asians have double eyelids at a rarer rate and still maintain the same eye ship. The eye shape of that girl and that siberian man are very similar to eachother nonetheless.
    But small and slanted/oblique eyes are not the same as the folded ones. You are right nevertheless, its almost as if a single small change would make them the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by davit View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between an epicanthic fold and other folds?
    Just google it, there are many pictoral descriptions of the anatomy out there, everything described in detail. Like:


    You see the true epicanthic fold is covering the upper eye lid with a clear line going straight to the inner corner of the eye and partially covering the lacrimal zone in most clear cases, especially if looking at it from the side which being covered by the fold.

    Are these epicanthic folds or how would you describe them?
    First and second have North West European hooded eyes, third and fourth show signs of reduced epicanthic fold, you see the folding, the clear line going along the inner corner of the eye. Its borderline, especially 4 is very weak and questionable, but sometimes mixed people in the 2nd to 3rd generation get it or by chance in a more complex inheritance pattern.

    Also is it me but does these type of eyes in Europeans have are very horizontally aligned whereas folded eyes in Asian more diagonally aligned?
    Relatively yes, but I'm not sure if we both mean the same thing.
    Last edited by Riverman; 09-29-2020 at 08:23 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Riverman For This Useful Post:

     Mirix (09-29-2020)

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-26-2019, 08:29 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2019, 04:04 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2019, 02:09 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 01:59 PM
  5. Western European and Balkan mix
    By BalkanKiwi in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2015, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •