Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: YP4647

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    300
    Sex

    YP4647

    YP4647 has a subclade, YP4657. YP4657 is found in Yorkshire, and the only YP4647* sample is located around East Anglia.

    The clade seems to fall within the historical area of the Danelaw, and has a MRCA (I think) around that time. Unless we discover a break older than the YP4647*/YP4657 one in England, then I would have to say YP4647 likely came to England as part of the viking invasions. I would like to point out that YP4657 is concentrated in West Yorkshire. Historically, that place was at one point called the kingdom of Deira. Deira is also the place where, in 876, half of the 'Great Heathen Army' settled.

    Is the data so far strong enough to support such a conclusion? Are there any other interpretations of whats going on with this clade?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Brent.B For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (03-27-2018)

  3. #2
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.B View Post
    YP4647 has a subclade, YP4657. YP4657 is found in Yorkshire, and the only YP4647* sample is located around East Anglia.

    The clade seems to fall within the historical area of the Danelaw, and has a MRCA (I think) around that time. Unless we discover a break older than the YP4647*/YP4657 one in England, then I would have to say YP4647 likely came to England as part of the viking invasions. I would like to point out that YP4657 is concentrated in West Yorkshire. Historically, that place was at one point called the kingdom of Deira. Deira is also the place where, in 876, half of the 'Great Heathen Army' settled.

    Is the data so far strong enough to support such a conclusion? Are there any other interpretations of whats going on with this clade?
    Very interesting. I would say your theory is fairly strong. There were some mention of Pomeranian Vikings, and other Slavic participation in the Heathen army. It may be from this. Another possibility is it arrived from slavic settlements into scandinavia, and then later arrived with the viking invasion to England as a Scandinavian via the earlier assimilation. I reckon almost all L1029 in England that has historically been there for quite some time is part of the Viking Invasions. There was no separate early migration of Slavs as far as I know. So its most likely linked to assimilated L1029 lineages in either Viking or Anglo Saxon arrivals to the area.

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    300
    Sex

    It looks like there is a new YP4647 member from Germany.

    IMG_4858.PNG

    Do we have any more info on this (kit 393743)? Like where in Germany he is from? Or the new TMRCA for YP4647?

    It looks like yp4647 formed on the continent, and yp4648 was a subclade of it that formed in England (kit 413202 is from England)

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brent.B For This Useful Post:

     Dibran (04-09-2018),  Oleg (Rus) (05-02-2018)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex
    Location
    Krasnodar, Russia
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Nationality
    Russian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029-Y128286
    mtDNA (M)
    U3a3b

    Ukraine Belarus Russian Federation
    Good afternoon.
    Sorry for my english. Ahead of the events, I want to introduce a new YP4647 to FTDNA - 714786 (Alexander Ochkas).
    His ancestors from 1826 lived on the territory of Eastern Ukraine. The earlier period was not investigated.
    His number in YFull is YF13145.
    Positive SNP: YP4647, YP4649, YP4650, YP4652.
    Negative SNP: YP4653
    Perhaps this will help you in studying YP4647.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ochkas For This Useful Post:

     Brent.B (04-22-2018),  Michał (04-28-2018),  palamede (04-23-2018),  Waldemar (04-22-2018)

  8. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    300
    Sex

    It looks like there are now German and Ukrainian YP4647+ members.

    YP4647 must have formed somewhere in the Slavic homeland (with members from England to the Ukraine). Very shortly after (1 snp = 144 years?) YP4653 formed. So far, YP4653 has only German and English members making me think this might be a western branch of YP4647. YP4653>YP4648 looks like it came to England as subclade of this western branch.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ochkas View Post
    Good afternoon.
    Sorry for my english. Ahead of the events, I want to introduce a new YP4647 to FTDNA - 714786 (Alexander Ochkas).
    His ancestors from 1826 lived on the territory of Eastern Ukraine. The earlier period was not investigated.
    His number in YFull is YF13145.
    Positive SNP: YP4647, YP4649, YP4650, YP4652.
    Negative SNP: YP4653
    Perhaps this will help you in studying YP4647.
    How many private SNPs does the kit have? And thank you for sharing!!
    Last edited by Brent.B; 04-22-2018 at 05:13 AM.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brent.B For This Useful Post:

     palamede (04-23-2018),  Waldemar (04-22-2018)

  10. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    893
    Ethnicity
    Venetharum natio populosa
    Nationality
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L1029>YP263>Y2912*
    mtDNA (M)
    H141,U5a1b1j(W)

    Poland Poland Pomerania

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waldemar For This Useful Post:

     Brent.B (04-22-2018),  palamede (04-23-2018)

  12. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex
    Location
    Krasnodar, Russia
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Nationality
    Russian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029-Y128286
    mtDNA (M)
    U3a3b

    Ukraine Belarus Russian Federation
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent.B View Post
    How many private SNPs does the kit have?
    Best gual:
    Y144413
    Y144397

    Acceptable gual:
    Y144432
    Y144411
    Y144427
    Y144418
    Y144396
    Z21795
    Y144420

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ochkas For This Useful Post:

     Brent.B (04-24-2018)

  14. #8
    Banned
    Posts
    1,412
    Sex
    Location
    United States
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

    Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochkas View Post
    Good afternoon.
    Sorry for my english. Ahead of the events, I want to introduce a new YP4647 to FTDNA - 714786 (Alexander Ochkas).
    His ancestors from 1826 lived on the territory of Eastern Ukraine. The earlier period was not investigated.
    His number in YFull is YF13145.
    Positive SNP: YP4647, YP4649, YP4650, YP4652.
    Negative SNP: YP4653
    Perhaps this will help you in studying YP4647.
    We match on Yfull. Albeit 2000-2300 TMRCA lol.

  15. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    14
    Sex
    Location
    Krasnodar, Russia
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Nationality
    Russian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029-Y128286
    mtDNA (M)
    U3a3b

    Ukraine Belarus Russian Federation
    For Brent.B.

    The kit number 714786 (FTDNA) is already present in YFull. His number is YF13145.
    On the YFull tree it is still designated as R-L1029. Changes will occur with the next version of the tree. This kit belongs to my namesake.

    My personal kit (634321 FTDNA) has the number YF11451. On the YFull tree, I am designated as R-L1029-BY30715.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ochkas For This Useful Post:

     Brent.B (04-25-2018),  Michał (04-28-2018),  Waldemar (04-24-2018)

  17. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    300
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Ochkas View Post
    For Brent.B.

    The kit number 714786 (FTDNA) is already present in YFull. His number is YF13145.
    On the YFull tree it is still designated as R-L1029. Changes will occur with the next version of the tree. This kit belongs to my namesake.

    My personal kit (634321 FTDNA) has the number YF11451. On the YFull tree, I am designated as R-L1029-BY30715.
    Thanks for the update!! I'm really excited to see the new TMRCA calculations once Yfull updates.

    On a side note, I've noticed that a lot of the L1029* (non Big-Y) samples in the R1a1a and subclades project haven't actually tested for YP4647. Hopefully the addition of Mr. Ochkas sample as well as the German one will encourage more people to check this SNP.
    Last edited by Brent.B; 04-25-2018 at 01:11 AM.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Brent.B For This Useful Post:

     Michał (04-28-2018)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •