Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b
    mtDNA (M)
    H1

Brazil Azores Italy Ladinia
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrylBojarski View Post
    It could be admix in population of your ancestry and will show on ancient G25
    I'm talking about ancient runs, not modern ones in which Middle Eastern could be included. I score 0% Levant and post-neolithic Anatolian related components.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

Polish–LithuanianCommonwealth Bulgaria Byzantine Empire Russian Federation Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by Caius Agrippa View Post
    I'm talking about ancient runs, not modern ones in which Middle Eastern could be included. I score 0% Levant and post-neolithic Anatolian related components.
    Ok, I am sure you have Southern European genetic, which is Middle East-like, can be showed as other components. Usually Eurogenes K36 is accurate, nothing is perfect, did your Vahaduo showed some Middle East with Southern European populations included?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Andalucia Spain Star of David Israel Jerusalem
    The most important method for verifying minor ancestry in your genome is through your matches and triangulation of segments. GEDmatch admixture calculators give you an idea, but is aproximated. G25 is much better, althought isn't totally conclusive for this kind of personal ancestry.
    Last edited by rober_tce; 11-26-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    23andMe: 99.4% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.3% Trace Ancestry (0.3% Nigerian)

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish, Sccotish and Welsh

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rober_tce For This Useful Post:

Caius Agrippa (11-26-2020),  passenger (11-26-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b1a2b3
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

Polish–LithuanianCommonwealth Bulgaria Byzantine Empire Russian Federation Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by rober_tce View Post
    The most important method for verifying minor ancestry in your genome is through your matches and triangulation of segments. GEDmatch admixture calculators give you an idea, but is aproximated. G25 is much better, althought isn't totally conclusive for this kind of personal ancestry.
    In case of Jewish yes, but in other cases of untested group of people it is sometimes impossible to confirm. I am partially Bulgarian, I can not find even one full Bulgarian match on 23andme
    Last edited by CyrylBojarski; 11-26-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by CyrylBojarski View Post
    In case of Jewish yes, but in other cases of untested group of people it is sometimes impossible to confirm. I am partially Bulgarian, I can not find even one full Bulgarian match on 23andme
    It depends of the quantity of testers of each country. Maybe there are few bulgarians testers compared with others, for example british, latin americans, or jewish.

I have few spanish matches and relatively few triangulated segments of them, in opposite to latin americans matches that are much more.
    23andMe: 99.4% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.3% Trace Ancestry (0.3% Nigerian)

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish, Sccotish and Welsh

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rober_tce For This Useful Post:

CyrylBojarski (11-27-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Morocco
    I'm not sure where to put this - but this looks like a great place for now.
    I have recently received G25 coordinates for my grandparent. I was interested in the very minor "North-East European" that is usually seen on the results.
    Using this model - there's about 6% baltic. Is it normal for a Sephardic Moroccan to receive that kind of percentage? I know Ashkenazi's receive it, but is is common with all Western Jews? Thoughts?

Distance: 2.7614% / 0.02761396
    47.4 Levant_LBN_Roman
    15.0 ITA_Rome_Latini_IA
    14.6 Canary_Islands_Guanche
    13.4 Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    6.8 Baltic_LTU_Late_Antiquity_low_res
    2.8 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coffeeprince For This Useful Post:

passenger (11-29-2020),  Seabass (11-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeprince View Post
    I have recently received G25 coordinates for my grandparent. I was interested in the very minor "North-East European" that is usually seen on the results.
    Using this model - there's about 6% baltic. Is it normal for a Sephardic Moroccan to receive that kind of percentage? I know Ashkenazi's receive it, but is is common with all Western Jews? Thoughts?

47.4 Levant_LBN_Roman
    15.0 ITA_Rome_Latini_IA
    2.8 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA
    Maybe due to an possible admixture with East Ashkenazim? Is your grandfather oriental Sephardi? Is curious his minnor Baltic percentage.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rober_tce For This Useful Post:

coffeeprince (11-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Morocco
    Quote Originally Posted by rober_tce View Post
    Maybe due to an possible admixture with East Ashkenazim? Is your grandfather oriental Sephardi? Is curious his minnor Baltic percentage.
    It's possible... there's apparently an Egyptian 2x Great-Grandparent, but the rest of the traceable genealogy is Moroccan.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coffeeprince For This Useful Post:

rober_tce (11-29-2020),  Seabass (11-29-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Andalusian+Jewish traces
    Nationality
    Spanish

It's possible... there's apparently an Egyptian 2x Great-Grandparent, but the rest of the traceable genealogy is Moroccan.
    Sephardim and Ashkenazim admixture occured in East Europe. Other explanation occurs me is that some Jewish of East Europe could arrive to Ottoman Empire, I don't sure about this and if could be possible according to some narratives. Maybe Passenger can apport light to this question.
    Last edited by rober_tce; 11-29-2020 at 09:20 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rober_tce For This Useful Post:

coffeeprince (11-29-2020)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    NW Europe+Ash/Seph Jewish

England Star of David Netherlands Turkey Denmark Germany

47.4 Levant_LBN_Roman
    15.0 ITA_Rome_Latini_IA
    2.8 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA
    I don't know exactly what causes it, but it's the same for all 4 Moroccan Jewish samples in G25, if you run them with those averages. They all score between 5.2 and 8.6 Baltic_LTU. The Libyan and Tunisian Jews score less - 3.4 and 3.5 on average (with some scoring 0), vs. 6.7 for the Moroccans. That leads me to believe it may be from something acquired by Iberian Jews which would be higher in some Moroccan Jews, being more heavily descended from Megorashim.

There was also Ashkenazi settlement in North Africa particularly during the French colonial period, but I don't think it would have made such an impact.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post:

coffeeprince (11-29-2020),  hartaisarlag (11-29-2020),  rober_tce (11-29-2020),  Sam1989 (11-30-2020),  Seabass (11-29-2020)

Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast