Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican

R-L2

Hi. I have done a 23andmetest some months ago. And my Y-dna is R-L2, From what I understand 23andme dont go very deep in Y-dna or Mtdna.
    Do I need to do a Ftdna y-dna test to find out what subclades? Can somebody please help me. I am a beginner.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italiana
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L2+ZZ48+PF7600+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2

Italy
    Ciao Nino,
    If you are Italian as it seems to me, I inform you that just a few days ago I have created the facebook page "R1b-U152 - Italia". This page is intended to help Italians who intend to perform a test and who are not very familiar with English.
    In this page you can ask me all the questions you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Nino90 View Post
    Hi. I have done a 23andmetest some months ago. And my Y-dna is R-L2, From what I understand 23andme dont go very deep in Y-dna or Mtdna.
    Do I need to do a Ftdna y-dna test to find out what subclades? Can somebody please help me. I am a beginner.
    Last edited by Acque agitate; 04-09-2018 at 01:10 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Acque agitate For This Useful Post:

R.Rocca (04-10-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic + Italo-Celt
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA (M)
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican
    Hi and thanks. My italian is a bit rusty since I am born in Sweden. But thank you for your advice.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Vespuccian
    Y-DNA (P)
    U152>Z49>Z150>Y9080
    mtDNA (M)
    H1
    Y-DNA (M)
    I2a2a1b2a1b1>Y4925
    mtDNA (P)
    H37

England Scotland Wales Germany Northern Ireland Ireland
    Hi,
    Yes you will need to do additional testing to delve deeper. The most comprehensive test is Full Genome Corporation (FGC) Y Elite test followed by FTDNA BigY test. Or you could order the FTDNA L2 SNP Pack Test.
    Y-DNA R-Z49>Z142>Z12222>FGC12378>FGC12401>FGC12384
    Ancestry: 37% English, 26% Scot/Ulster Scot, 14% Welsh, 14% German 3% Ireland, 3% Nordic, 2% French & Dutch, 1% India

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U152 S22778/S20782
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4

I would try YSeq (https://www.yseq.net)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italiana
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L2+ZZ48+PF7600+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2

Italy
    Ciao Nino90,
    in my first response I did not recommend any product because I had the doubt that it was not allowed in this forum.
    I said that I personally did the genetic test with Ftdna, 23andme and with Full genomes. While I have recommended to many of my friends the test at Yseq.net (all my friends have then decided to run the test with Yseq.net)
    I believe that there is absolutely no better product than another.
    I recommend 23andme only to a person (American) who is exclusively interested in health. I do not recommend it for people who want to study their men's line: the test is very limited and, above all, does not offer the possibility of carrying out further investigations (in fact, now you have to contact other companies).
    To friends who, like you, have performed the test at 23andme and wish to deepen the ancestral male aspect I highly recommend Yseq.net, especially if there is a specific panel in their store (as in your case, Yseq offers the "R1b-U152 Superclade Panel "). I recommend this company for countless reasons, for example:
    1) the price (and the quality / price ratio). In your case the cost is about € 90 (I know because many of my friends are doing it);
    2) the speed of the test;
    3) the great willingness to insert new products and update existing ones;
    4) the possibility of being able to run the panel without necessarily having to perform preliminary tests, in the specific case Y37 (among other things, Yseq offers it at a much lower price);
    5) etc.

I am a big fan of Full Genomes but I recommend Full Genomes only to true genetics fans. I believe that the product of Full Genomes is the most advanced on the market today, but there are 2 important contraindications:
    1) The cost: the cheapest product costs $ 645. I am convinced that this is an absolutely justified cost and I would do this test a thousand times (it cost me much more since I did it in 2013). Unfortunately, few people are willing to pay such a cost in a single time. None of my friends decided to run the test at Full Genomes (everyone chose Yseq for the cost);
    2) The time required to perform the test;

I hope I have adequately answered your doubts.
    Greetings from your land of origin (Tuscan-Emilian Apennines)

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Acque agitate For This Useful Post:

A.Morup (05-15-2018),  Nino90 (04-10-2018),  R.Rocca (04-10-2018),  Shamash (08-29-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Iberian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+L2+FGC10543
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1-T152C!

United States of America Italy 1861-1946 Spain
    I do not know if YSeq offers an L2 pack. If they don’t, I don’t think it will be very valuable for someone who’s is already L2.
    Paternal: R1b-U152 >> L2 >> FGC10543, Pietro della Rocca, b. 1559, Agira, Sicily, Italy
    Maternal: H4a1-T152C!, Maria Coto, b. ~1864, Galicia, Spain
    Mother's Paternal: J1+ FGC4745/FGC4766+ PF5019+, Gerardo Caprio, b. 1879, Caposele, Avellino, Campania, Italy
    Father's Maternal: T2b-C150T, Francisca Santa Cruz, b.1916, Garganchon, Burgos, Spain
    Paternal Great (x3) Grandfather: R1b-U106 >> L48 >> CTS2509, Filippo Ensabella, b.~1836, Agira, Sicily, Italy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to R.Rocca For This Useful Post:

Acque agitate (04-13-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italiana
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L2+ZZ48+PF7600+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2

Italy
    Ciao Richard,
    I recommend Yseq for the following reasons (obviously personal opinion):

1) Yseq proposes the "R1b-U152 Superclade Panel" that includes almost everything that exists downstream of U152 (99 $) and that costs less than the "Pack L2" of FtDna (119 $);

2) If a person who knows he is L2+ (for testing at 23andme) decides to run the "L2 Pack" at FtDna, he must first perform the Y37 test which costs $ 169 (at Ftna). This need does not exist for Yseq. In any case, Yseq performs the Y37 test at a much more affordable price ($ 99);

3) Lately Yseq, compared to my personal request made on Facebook, has proved very willing to expand the test "R1b-U152 Superclade Panel" (included all the snps I had requested, downstream L2). I believe that all this is very important especially for Italians since many of us belong to subclades not yet identified (I Think the fact that the May part of those who undergo a test is Anglo-Saxon has determined a deformation of reality in the reconstruction of tree);

These are the reasons that led me to recommend all my Italian friends to test themselves at Yseq. At Full Genomes if they are willing to spend more than $ 600.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italo-Iberian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-U152+L2+FGC10543
    mtDNA (M)
    H4a1-T152C!

United States of America Italy 1861-1946 Spain
    I agree for folks that are U152, but if you already know you are L2, if you are not Z367, the YSeq panel is a waste of money.
    Paternal: R1b-U152 >> L2 >> FGC10543, Pietro della Rocca, b. 1559, Agira, Sicily, Italy
    Maternal: H4a1-T152C!, Maria Coto, b. ~1864, Galicia, Spain
    Mother's Paternal: J1+ FGC4745/FGC4766+ PF5019+, Gerardo Caprio, b. 1879, Caposele, Avellino, Campania, Italy
    Father's Maternal: T2b-C150T, Francisca Santa Cruz, b.1916, Garganchon, Burgos, Spain
    Paternal Great (x3) Grandfather: R1b-U106 >> L48 >> CTS2509, Filippo Ensabella, b.~1836, Agira, Sicily, Italy

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Italiana
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-L2+ZZ48+PF7600+
    mtDNA (M)
    H1e2

Italy
    Ciao Richard,
    you intrigued me about the samples L2+, Z367-. In the next days I will do a detailed check by comparing the "Pack L2" of FtDna and the "R1b-U152 Superclade Panel" by Yseq. The thing I remember is that, following my request through facebook, Yseq had inserted all known snps downstream L2+, Z49-, Z367-.

Another point in favor of Yseq that I forgot to mention is that every additional snp you want to test has a cost of $ 18, while with FtDna the cost is $ 39 (2.16 times!!!). This difference seems so high as to be frustrating, especially if a person decides to test various snp and not just one snp.

Obviously I am not opposed to carrying out a test at FtDna today. This company has some positive aspects, such as the big database and the (public) projects that have been our luck. It is clear that if everyone starts to run the test at Yseq our game breaks (we can no longer compare each other).
    The solution could be: perform the necessary investigations at Yseq and perform a symbolic test at FtDna ... let me know what you think

Ad maiora

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Acque agitate For This Useful Post:

A.Morup (05-15-2018)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast