Nationality
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA
    E-Y31991 > PF4428
    mtDNA
    H20

Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by Messier 67 View Post
    I am not saying they were wiped out in all of Europe, "but the Gs and Is (and to a lesser extent Js) of Europe were removed from the gene pool as R1s advanced in Europe from Eastern Europe to Western Europe."

Areas that were not effected by the proto-Celts and proto-Slavs did not cease to exist.
    Both are everywhere
    Eupedia's map of yDNA G
    Eupedia's map of yDNA I1
    Eupedia's map of yDNA I2
    The Balkans are a hotbed of I2s and all of them speak IE languages, mostly Slavic.
    Quote Originally Posted by eupedia
    Haplogroup I2 is the most common paternal lineage in former Yugoslavia, Romania, Bulgaria and Sardinia, and a major lineage in most Slavic countries. Its maximum frequencies are observed in Bosnia (55%, including 71% in Bosnian Croats), Sardinia (39.5%), Croatia (38%), Serbia (33%), Montenegro (31%), Romania (28%), Moldova (24%), Macedonia (24%), Slovenia (22%), Bulgaria (22%), Belarus (18.5%), Hungary (18%), Slovakia (17.5%), Ukraine (13.5%), and Albania (13.5%). It is found at a frequency of 5 to 10% in Germanic countries.
    This conversation is pointless, I'm done here.
    Last edited by Ruderico; 04-27-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    G25 Hidden Content and Hidden Content distances
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

DEIBABOR
    IGO
    DEIBOBOR
    VISSAIEIGO
    BOR

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    American

It's most likely a misplaced match since you have a small amount of Siberian / northern Arctic / northern Asian heritage which is almost the equivalent of native american because they're sourced from the same ancient people in northeastern Asia. A relative of mine who's part central Asian also had a small percentage of native American on her ancestry test but not on her 23 and me.

Siberian ancestry was detected by Lamnidis et al. (2018) in the six early Metal Age individuals from an archaeological site at Bolshoy in the Murmansk Region on the Kola Peninsula. Three Bolshoy individuals had mtDNA haplogroups Z1, C4 and D4, which are common in modern Siberia, and haplogroups C and D further spread to the Americas with Native American founders. The native Siberian genetic component is consistently shared among Uralic-speaking populations. Ancient individuals in Fennoscandia and modern Finns, Saami, Mordovians and Russians showed excess allele sharing with Nganasan. It's likely that Siberian ancestry was mixed up with Native American ancestry by the DNA test company, which makes no distinction between them. Or it was assumed to be Native American because he lives in the US.

Interestingly, results from uniparentally-inherited markers (mtDNA and Y chromosome) as well as certain phenotypic SNPs also show Siberian signals in Bolshoy: mtDNA haplogroups Z1, C4 and D4, common in modern Siberia24,34,35 are represented by the individuals BOO002, BOO004 and BOO006, respectively (confirming previous findings24), whereas the Y-chromosomal haplotype N1c1a1a (N-L392) is represented by the individuals BOO002 and BOO004. Haplogroup N1c, to which this haplotype belongs, is the major Y-chromosomal lineage in modern north-east Europe and European Russia. It is especially prevalent in Uralic speakers, comprising for example as much as 54% of eastern Finnish male lineages today36. Notably, this is the earliest known occurrence of Y-haplogroup N1c in Fennoscandia. Additionally, within the Bolshoy population, we observe the derived allele of rs3827760 in the EDAR gene, which is found in near-fixation in East Asian and Native American populations today, but is extremely rare elsewhere37, and has been linked to phenotypes related to tooth shape38 and hair morphology39 (Supplementary Data 2). Scandinavian hunter-gatherers from Motala in Sweden have also been found to carry haplotypes associated with this allele4. Finally, in the Bolshoy individuals we also see high frequencies of haplotypes associated with diets rich in poly-unsaturated fatty acids, in the FADS genes4,40,41.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-018-07483-5
    Last edited by ThirdTerm; 01-05-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Давайте вместе снова сделаем мир великий!

Administrator
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    Q-BZ68
    mtDNA
    H23

Italy Two Sicilies Germany Palatinate Lithuania Poland Slovakia
    Sounds like ancient shared genes via Siberia as others have pointed out. I just wanted to note that FTDNA’s first version of ethnicity results, Population Finder, commonly gave Finnish results for people who had Native American ancestry.
    Maternal Grandfather's Y Line: J-ZS1711

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Táltos For This Useful Post:

slievenamon (01-12-2019)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123