Nationality
    Typical Canadian Mutt
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 -> FGC34856
    mtDNA
    J1c2e

Ireland Ukraine England France Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by msmarjoribanks View Post
    Some of mine do too, but when I compare my results to theirs I get a message saying they haven't updated their results yet, so some areas of overlap may not show. And then when the comparison is displayed it says "updated" above mine.
    My new estimate is the same as it ever was since I got it back last as a beta. I can still look at my old estimate too. It is also unchanged in all percentages, but for some reason the old region named Great Britain is now shown as "England, Wales and Northwestern Europe": same as the new estimate. Strange.

I highly suspect there is no new update to Ancetry's estimates, and will not be for some time until they get pressure from 23andme or LivingDNA, if they ever get their act together and decide to make some progress!
    Mum = 50% Irish, 25% Ukrainian, 25% Romanian
    Dad = 40% French-Canadian, 10% Irish, 50% English
    Big Y + YTree.net = R M269 -> DF27 -> Z195 -> FGC34881 -> FGC34865 (SW France; ~500 ybp)
    FTDNA mtDNA Full Sequence = J1c2e
    Most Distant Known Ancestor = Jean Moreau b. 1630s Parthenay, Deux-Sèvres, France
    Surnames = Welch, Chibry, Moreau, Todd, Anderson, Bedford, Joncas, Basaraba

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fostert For This Useful Post:

euromutt (02-11-2019),  timberwolf (02-11-2019)

My previous estimate for Great Britain is also now saying 'England, Wales and Northwestern Europe'. If Europe West was merged with this and Germanic Europe includes some of South East England, then it makes me wonder what the point of the update was and whether to take anything from any of these tests.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abcd123 For This Useful Post:

euromutt (02-11-2019),  jshook (02-11-2019),  timberwolf (02-11-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA
    Z372
    mtDNA
    J2b1a-T16311C!

Cornwall New Zealand
    I was going to contact them, then I remembered the run around I got last year as well as some false Information. So I did not bother in the end.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish

Northern Ireland Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    My new estimate is the same as it ever was since I got it back last as a beta. I can still look at my old estimate too. It is also unchanged in all percentages, but for some reason the old region named Great Britain is now shown as "England, Wales and Northwestern Europe": same as the new estimate. Strange.

I highly suspect there is no new update to Ancetry's estimates, and will not be for some time until they get pressure from 23andme or LivingDNA, if they ever get their act together and decide to make some progress!
    My estimates are all the same, and have been for months.

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA
    K2b2

I don't believe there is a new update. The most recent update is the one this thread was originally about, which has now been out for a while, although clearly some people haven't accepted the update or just haven't noticed it, which is why some of us have lots of matches that still have "Great Britain" and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Abcd123 View Post
    My previous estimate for Great Britain is also now saying 'England, Wales and Northwestern Europe'. If Europe West was merged with this and Germanic Europe includes some of South East England, then it makes me wonder what the point of the update was and whether to take anything from any of these tests.
    For many people they did refine/improve the estimates some. They broke out Germanic Europe and France (although imperfectly) from Europe West, and also for many people broke some of their English out of Europe West and put it in the new (and broader) category. They also improved (at least IME) the ability to separate English and Scandinavian.

There are some major problems with the update, especially understating Southern European in many cases.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    mtDNA
    H1

England
    It's interesting how the Welsh are clustered with England other parts of Northwestern Europe, when they display their own unique drift. If Ireland and Scotland form their own group, so should the Welsh.

wdrift.png

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morganman3 For This Useful Post:

euromutt (02-12-2019),  fostert (02-12-2019),  sktibo (02-16-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European
    Nationality
    Typical Canadian Mutt
    Y-DNA
    R-DF27 -> FGC34856
    mtDNA
    J1c2e

Ireland Ukraine England France Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by morganman3 View Post
    It's interesting how the Welsh are clustered with England other parts of Northwestern Europe, when they display their own unique drift. If Ireland and Scotland form their own group, so should the Welsh.

wdrift.png
    What reference is this? Its a nice illustration of the modest heterogeneity of the UK.
    Mum = 50% Irish, 25% Ukrainian, 25% Romanian
    Dad = 40% French-Canadian, 10% Irish, 50% English
    Big Y + YTree.net = R M269 -> DF27 -> Z195 -> FGC34881 -> FGC34865 (SW France; ~500 ybp)
    FTDNA mtDNA Full Sequence = J1c2e
    Most Distant Known Ancestor = Jean Moreau b. 1630s Parthenay, Deux-Sèvres, France
    Surnames = Welch, Chibry, Moreau, Todd, Anderson, Bedford, Joncas, Basaraba

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    G2a
    mtDNA
    H1

England
    Quote Originally Posted by fostert View Post
    What reference is this? Its a nice illustration of the modest heterogeneity of the UK.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...02929716303950

12. The Following User Says Thank You to morganman3 For This Useful Post:

Phoebe Watts (02-12-2019)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA
    K2b2

Quote Originally Posted by morganman3 View Post

wdrift.png
    Based on my results and my paper research, as well as results on other tests, I think my Welsh ancestry is in the Irish/Scottish category.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Northern Ireland
    Nationality
    Northern Irish

Northern Ireland Ireland
    So, basically the Celtic British Isles category.

Page 264 of 265 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265 LastLast