Proto-Algorithm Changling
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

United States of America California Republic
    Barbara Rae-Venter, the DNA sleuth "...behind the scenes who helped capture the Golden State Killer:" https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/...-state-killer/

Interesting story; "Italian heritage and blue eyes." Yep, that's him. Thank goodness I'm DF27, no Italian in my GEDmatch at all. Or my myOrigins, either, so I guess I swiped my blue eyes from elsewhere.

Anyhow, my Promethease report's been there for a couple of months and I haven't been arrested. Nor any of my family members, either, so my family's proven law-abiding. Now, being as Hall is a Border Reiver name, that's interesting, too, as in the US many of these Border descendants seem to have become legitimate and entered law enforcement in one field or another. Skulky past, to say the least, but all appear to have reformed now.

Right, Gail?
    "Bid me discourse, I will enchant thine ear..."

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

Not much in the recent media about DeAngelo, I guess Sacramento's being cautious about what they release to the news about him. But there's this now, sort of a development of what's been going on at GEDmatch since all the new rules came into play after DeAngelo: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...tabase/561695/

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

No needless commentary, just a link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/genetic...rs-60-minutes/

At 2:28, speaking about GEDmatch DNA and DeAngelo's arrest: "...led them to the doorstep of one of their own, a retired police officer..."

DeAngelo was a "fired" police officer, not a "retired" one.

The quote is from the video in the link, this is a brief interview with Kroft and Karzis:

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

DNA cleared DeAngelo of one charge. There hasn't been too much in the news about him lately but after all his trials are over you know we'll be hearing about him for years afterwards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...urder-60255352

DNA testing excluded Joseph DeAngelo as a suspect in the murder of Donna Jo Richmond and along with other evidence indicates that another man was rightfully convicted of the slaying, according to a conviction review.

The girl vanished on Dec. 26, 1975 while bicycling from a friend's house to her home near Exeter. Her body was later found in an orange grove. She had been strangled, beaten and stabbed 17 times.

A convicted sex offender, Oscar Clifton, was convicted of kidnapping, attempted rape and murder. He was sentenced to life in prison and died there in 2013.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234