Proto-Algorithm Changling
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

United States of America California Republic
    Barbara Rae-Venter, the DNA sleuth "...behind the scenes who helped capture the Golden State Killer:" https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/08/...-state-killer/

Interesting story; "Italian heritage and blue eyes." Yep, that's him. Thank goodness I'm DF27, no Italian in my GEDmatch at all. Or my myOrigins, either, so I guess I swiped my blue eyes from elsewhere.

Anyhow, my Promethease report's been there for a couple of months and I haven't been arrested. Nor any of my family members, either, so my family's proven law-abiding. Now, being as Hall is a Border Reiver name, that's interesting, too, as in the US many of these Border descendants seem to have become legitimate and entered law enforcement in one field or another. Skulky past, to say the least, but all appear to have reformed now.

Right, Gail?
    "Bid me discourse, I will enchant thine ear..."

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

Not much in the recent media about DeAngelo, I guess Sacramento's being cautious about what they release to the news about him. But there's this now, sort of a development of what's been going on at GEDmatch since all the new rules came into play after DeAngelo: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...tabase/561695/

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

No needless commentary, just a link: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/genetic...rs-60-minutes/

At 2:28, speaking about GEDmatch DNA and DeAngelo's arrest: "...led them to the doorstep of one of their own, a retired police officer..."

DeAngelo was a "fired" police officer, not a "retired" one.

The quote is from the video in the link, this is a brief interview with Kroft and Karzis:

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

DNA cleared DeAngelo of one charge. There hasn't been too much in the news about him lately but after all his trials are over you know we'll be hearing about him for years afterwards.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews...urder-60255352

DNA testing excluded Joseph DeAngelo as a suspect in the murder of Donna Jo Richmond and — along with other evidence — indicates that another man was rightfully convicted of the slaying, according to a conviction review.

The girl vanished on Dec. 26, 1975 while bicycling from a friend's house to her home near Exeter. Her body was later found in an orange grove. She had been strangled, beaten and stabbed 17 times.

A convicted sex offender, Oscar Clifton, was convicted of kidnapping, attempted rape and murder. He was sentenced to life in prison and died there in 2013.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

Here it is, Bennett Greenspan gives all Family Tree to the FBI: https://www.forensicmag.com/news/201...logy-milestone and https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...tabase-788304/ and https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ealogy-privacy and lots more because it's all over the Web and the FTDNA project forums.

The difference between Greenspan and GEDmatch's GSK is that law enforcement slipped into GEDmatch with chicanery and a fake DNA profile. Bennett Greenspan cheerfully renounced all of our confidence in him, all of our safety, and blabbed to the FBI who we are and who all are unknown, never-met, distant cousins are. Out of how many thousands of customers Family Tree has, how many seriously evil perps will be caught for terrible? And how many will be busted for old parking tickets? Drunk in public?

There's a difference between the two types of intrusions, GEDmatch and Family Tree. Federal Witness Protection (which Greenspan is eligible for and entitled to now): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...ection_Program

Bennett's new friends, his federal bodyguards:

A_protected_witness_guarded_by_U.S._Marshals.jpg

Bennett may choose a new name and be issued a new Social Security number now. He can have no contact with his past life, family, or finances if he enters Witness Protection for obvious reasons. Ergo, Family Tree is now potentially without an owner.

Hmmm...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to curiousII For This Useful Post:

Silesian (02-02-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Yamna/Bell Beaker/Sarmat
    Nationality
    Unknown, to be confirmed.
    Y-DNA
    R1b>BY593
    mtDNA
    U5b2a2

Quote Originally Posted by curiousII View Post
    Here it is, Bennett Greenspan gives all Family Tree to the FBI.........
    A_protected_witness_guarded_by_U.S._Marshals.jpg

Bennett may choose a new name and be issued a new Social Security number now. He can have no contact with his past life, family, or finances if he enters Witness Protection for obvious reasons. Ergo, Family Tree is now potentially without an owner.............[/video
    Does this not have the potential to go both ways? Judges, lawyers, law enforcement,politicians, beauracrats etc.... not providing dna samples, might prove in group bias, and or possible genetic profiling on a verdict -possible to connect crimes and or corruption?
    Last edited by Silesian; 02-02-2019 at 07:53 PM.
    Current known R1b-Z2103/Z2108+ samples/cultures-Novotitorovka culture[North Caucasus] 3300–2700 BC, Yamnaya[Volga]-3300–2600 BC, Afanasievo[South Siberia]-3300 BCE — 2500 BCE, Croatia/Vucedol culture-3000 BC – 2200 BC, Catacomb-2800–2200 BC, Eastern Bell Beaker-[Hungary/Szigetszentmiklós]]2800–1800 BCE, Poltavka-2700—2100 BC, Sintashta-Arkaim culture 2100–1800 BCE, Scythian-9th century BC up until the 4th century AD, Sarmatian-4th, 3rd and 2nd centuries BCE....
    Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Silesian For This Useful Post:

curiousII (02-02-2019)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1b>P312>DF27>Z2573
    mtDNA
    H11a

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian View Post
    Does this not have the potential to go both ways? Judges, lawyers, law enforcement,politicians, beauracrats etc.... not providing dna samples, might prove in group bias, and or possible genetic profiling on a verdict -possible to connect crimes and or corruption?
    What? Group bias how? You mean by law enforcement not surrendering their own DNA samples? Or by not requiring DNA by subpoenas when a sample may yield a match? Even when a sample is in a private company's files and not in CODIS? Are all DNA samples to be considered accessible to law enforcement even if they're not originally given to law enforcement? Meaning, now is there to be no difference between a private company's DNA samples (Family Tree, 23andMe, the rest) and the FBI's CODIS records?

Then there could eventually be no need for Family Tree and its ilk at all as we'd just give our spit to whatever law enforcement agency works that part of town we live in as we'd all be legally required to surrender our DNA to the police when we're born (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califor...ho-has-access/)
    or when we reach majority age? Even when we're not arrested or suspected of committing crimes?

That might be a difficult position to take, and one that wouldn't do much to figure out who gets Family Tree after Bennett's entrance into witness protection. We can only hope that the FBI doesn't seize it with some kind of RICO Act allegations:

Last edited by curiousII; 02-02-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234