Nationality
    indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    U1

India
    Quote Originally Posted by kingeo View Post
    Not sure if this was discussed before but I am surprised to find how well Gujaratis and certain Southern Indians are around 75-90% similar to SISBA3. I find that strange considering he existed around 4500 yrs ago.

Target: Gujarati:NA20876
    Distance: 1.9203% / 0.01920291
    87.0 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    8.4 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    4.2 Levant_JOR_EBA
    0.4 VNM_N

Target: Gujarati:NA20861
    Distance: 1.9705% / 0.01970513
    90.0 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    8.6 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    1.2 Levant_JOR_EBA
    0.2 VNM_N

Target: Gujarati:NA20871
    Distance: 1.9775% / 0.01977518
    90.6 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    7.8 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    1.0 VNM_N
    0.6 Levant_JOR_EBA

Target: Velamas:VELZ260
    Distance: 1.9005% / 0.01900466
    88.6 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    5.4 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    4.4 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_C
    1.6 Levant_JOR_EBA

Target: Kerala_ Christian
    Distance: 2.1827% / 0.02182694
    79.4 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    14.0 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_C
    4.0 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    2.6 CHN_Amur_River_Xianbei_IA

Target: Bmoney_Nair_scaled
    Distance: 2.3525% / 0.02352451
    80.6 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    10.0 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    6.0 Levant_JOR_EBA
    1.8 GEO_CHG
    1.0 WHG
    0.6 VNM_N

Target: Iyer:IR-1-5
    Distance: 1.4574% / 0.01457382
    80.8 IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3
    7.8 RUS_Sintashta_MLBA
    5.2 Levant_JOR_EBA
    4.4 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_C
    1.0 WHG
    0.8 VNM_N
    we have a paucity of maharashtrian samples here, otherwise i think you would see the same pattern!....I feel Gujarat follows a genetic continuum with the peninsular states,SISBA3 in the range of 70- 80% with minor steppe influence...it is interesting to know the history of the Vellalas of Tamil Nadu...they consider themselves as descendants of the Velirs who emigrated from Dwaraka in the Dwapar Yug!...of course the steppe influence came later i presume and the most steppe influenced are the peninsular upper castes...although some negligible amount is present in the middle castes.
    the contribution of SISBA3 is much lower in the north west indian communities...the punjabi biradari, the haryana jat and ror, the brahmins of these regions....i am sure even the Rajputs of Rajasthan fall in the lower SISBA3 cluster......it is the lower castes of these regions which seem to have more peninsular Indian genetic affinity- the meena, meghwal,chamars,....also the Bania who though higher in the caste echelon is essentially a high SISBA3 group.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vishankar For This Useful Post:

ammi (05-17-2021),  Jatt1 (05-17-2021),  kingeo (05-16-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by vishankar View Post
    we have a paucity of maharashtrian samples here, otherwise i think you would see the same pattern!....I feel Gujarat follows a genetic continuum with the peninsular states,SISBA3 in the range of 70- 80% with minor steppe influence...it is interesting to know the history of the Vellalas of Tamil Nadu...they consider themselves as descendants of the Velirs who emigrated from Dwaraka in the Dwapar Yug!...of course the steppe influence came later i presume and the most steppe influenced are the peninsular upper castes...although some negligible amount is present in the middle castes.
    the contribution of SISBA3 is much lower in the north west indian communities...the punjabi biradari, the haryana jat and ror, the brahmins of these regions....i am sure even the Rajputs of Rajasthan fall in the lower SISBA3 cluster......it is the lower castes of these regions which seem to have more peninsular Indian genetic affinity- the meena, meghwal,chamars,....also the Bania who though higher in the caste echelon is essentially a high SISBA3 group.
    I think, Monkey has posted about 7-8 Rajasthani Rajput results (a long back), those were quite similar to Meena and Meghawal.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ammi For This Useful Post:

kingeo (05-17-2021),  vishankar (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

whats 'peninsular' lol? what region is exactly peninsular. from gujarat to the southern tip to bengal?
    Last edited by naruto; 05-17-2021 at 09:13 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to naruto For This Useful Post:

vishankar (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Nationality
    indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    U1

India
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto View Post
    whats 'peninsular' lol? what region is exactly peninsular. from gujarat to the southern tip to bengal?
    i would say geographically south of the vindhyas- including maharashtra and orissa..the vindhyas were an important barrier to human migration!...i am not so sure of the bengali genetic make up...there would be more NE asian genes i presume in addition to a higher steppe influence than seen in the pancha dravida states)....and also the austroasiatic speakers would have left a greater mark on the genetic landscape of Bengal!....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vishankar For This Useful Post:

kingeo (05-17-2021),  naruto (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

i would say geographically south of the vindhyas- including maharashtra and orissa..the vindhyas were an important barrier to human migration!...i am not so sure of the bengali genetic make up...there would be more NE asian genes i presume in addition to a higher steppe influence than seen in the pancha dravida states)....and also the austroasiatic speakers would have left a greater mark on the genetic landscape of Bengal!....
    yeah but peninsular india is not a monolith. central india below the vindhyas for example around odisha, chattisgarh, even parts of MP have a decent tribal population. most of them have a good amount of austroasiatic mix. Mundas, juangs, bondas get like 30% austroasiatic/se asian mix.

Kerala is a bit different from the surrounding southern states with the mixes since they seem more secular and christians like syriac ones consistently get some west asian/MENA like affinity slightly which is not as common as a group among any south asian population. Nairs too occasionally.

Seriously south of vindhyas isnt some monolith, thats why I was getting bothered a bit by that 'peninsular' part. sorry about that.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Nationality
    indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    U1

India
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto View Post
    yeah but peninsular india is not a monolith. central india below the vindhyas for example around odisha, chattisgarh, even parts of MP have a decent tribal population. most of them have a good amount of austroasiatic mix. Mundas, juangs, bondas get like 30% austroasiatic/se asian mix.

Kerala is a bit different from the surrounding southern states with the mixes since they seem more secular and christians like syriac ones consistently get some west asian/MENA like affinity slightly which is not as common as a group among any south asian population. Nairs too occasionally.

Seriously south of vindhyas isnt some monolith, thats why I was getting bothered a bit by that 'peninsular' part. sorry about that.
    haha ))..i enjoyed your remark!..i would expect orissa, jharkhand and chattisgarh to have high SISBA3 or maybe they would be modelled better with chokhopani,in these states even the ruling castes- would have some amount of tribal admixture i presume....and like you said austroasiatic mixture....i wonder which G25 population to model for austroasiatic- ???
    Coming to Kerala, the cultural ties with the middle east have been age old..and thus you can see the effect on the communities, i suspect it is not restricted to christians and muslims , it is seen in a small proportion of ezhavas and nairs as well!!!...
    nairs like me have negligible SW asian, more ASI, CAUCASUS,baloch and some steppe !!!..
    it makes me think that the nairs probably had a prehistoric contribution from the ANF, the Ezhavas from the Iranian farmers ...again about syrian christians we dont know whether the near east/SW asian component is carried over from their nair/ ezhava ancestry or is of recent import!...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vishankar For This Useful Post:

Arlus (05-17-2021),  Jatt1 (05-17-2021),  kingeo (05-17-2021),  naruto (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Chhattisgarhia (Satnami)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1307*
    mtDNA (M)
    M2a3c*

India
    haha ))..i enjoyed your remark!..i would expect orissa, jharkhand and chattisgarh to have high SISBA3 or maybe they would be modelled better with chokhopani,in these states even the ruling castes- would have some amount of tribal admixture i presume....and like you said austroasiatic mixture....i wonder which G25 population to model for austroasiatic- ???
    Coming to Kerala, the cultural ties with the middle east have been age old..and thus you can see the effect on the communities, i suspect it is not restricted to christians and muslims , it is seen in a small proportion of ezhavas and nairs as well!!!...
    nairs like me have negligible SW asian, more ASI, CAUCASUS,baloch and some steppe !!!..
    it makes me think that the nairs probably had a prehistoric contribution from the ANF, the Ezhavas from the Iranian farmers ...again about syrian christians we dont know whether the near east/SW asian component is carried over from their nair/ ezhava ancestry or is of recent import!...
    In Chhattisgarh castes like Kurmi, Agharia, Teli Sahu (all 3 are OBCs) are much more socioeconomically forward than SC/STs. They can said to have similar position as agricultural midcastes of other states, though it is unkown if they are as IranN rich as other agricultural midcastes.
    Chhattisgarhia Brahmins are migrants from UP (last 100 or 200 years perhaps?).
    In addition to AASI present in SIS BA3 I usually score 20-30 % S AASI sim. I do get significant SE Asian in admixture calculators but I don't score any on G25.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arlus For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (05-17-2021),  kingeo (05-17-2021),  pegasus (05-17-2021),  vishankar (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Nationality
    indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    U1

India
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlus View Post
    In Chhattisgarh castes like Kurmi, Agharia, Teli Sahu (all 3 are OBCs) are much more socioeconomically forward than SC/STs. They can said to have similar position as agricultural midcastes of other states, though it is unkown if they are as IranN rich as other agricultural midcastes.
    Chhattisgarhia Brahmins are migrants from UP (last 100 or 200 years perhaps?).
    In addition to AASI present in SIS BA3 I usually score 20-30 % S AASI sim. I do get significant SE Asian in admixture calculators but I don't score any on G25.
    Hi..perhaps it is absorbed in the AASI..could you post your nmonte run here if you dont mind..?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to vishankar For This Useful Post:

Arlus (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Chhattisgarhia (Satnami)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1307*
    mtDNA (M)
    M2a3c*

India
    Hi..perhaps it is absorbed in the AASI..could you post your nmonte run here if you dont mind..?
    Arlus-
    Distance- 2.03

Shahr I Sokhta BA3-57.5
    S AASI Sim-25
    Gonur1 BA-9
    Sintashta MLBA-5.5
    RUS MA1-3

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arlus For This Useful Post:

Jatt1 (05-17-2021),  kingeo (05-17-2021),  naruto (05-17-2021),  parasar (05-17-2021),  vishankar (05-17-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    south asian
    Nationality
    indian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-M198
    mtDNA (M)
    U1

India
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlus View Post
    Arlus-
    Distance- 2.03

Shahr I Sokhta BA3-57.5
    S AASI Sim-25
    Gonur1 BA-9
    Sintashta MLBA-5.5
    RUS MA1-3
    did you try a run adding chalcolithic iran too??>....haiji firuzz..

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vishankar For This Useful Post:

Arlus (05-17-2021)

Page 853 of 860 FirstFirst ... 353753803843851852853854855 ... LastLast