Page 2 of 771 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 7707

Thread: Global25 automated nMonte for South/Central Asian members

  1. #11
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,065
    Sex
    Location
    NorCal
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Y33989
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

    United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    I'd say use the Ferghana Kashkarchi_BA R1a z93 sample as its a closer source, instead of Srubnaya and Sintashta MLBA
    Makes sense. I'd leave in Srubnaya and Sintashta at first but then try removing them completely and replacing them with Ferghana Kashkarchi_BA to see how the fits change.
    pegasus modeling:
    sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

    avatar credit goes out to aaronbee2010

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapporo For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (05-02-2018),  poi (05-02-2018)

  3. #12
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    4,655
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657 >BY160158
    mtDNA (M)
    M30g
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-L657 >Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    Makes sense. I'd leave in Srubnaya and Sintashta at first but then try removing them completely and replacing them with Ferghana Kashkarchi_BA to see how the fits change.
    Good idea. I will let the current configuration finish and then replace populations altogether with others. If we can get the default penalty fit below or around 2% using 4 non modern populations, that sounds to be good enough.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (05-03-2018),  Sapporo (05-02-2018)

  5. #13
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,953
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    I'd say use the Ferghana Kashkarchi_BA R1a z93 sample as its a closer source, instead of Srubnaya and Sintashta MLBA
    He won't be as good a source for most SA / Indo Aryan groups , because of his extra Siberian admixture , strangely MLBA West/ Sintashta better captures Steppe. Though this type should model well with Pashtuns I would think ie East Iranic.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (05-03-2018),  poi (05-02-2018),  Sapporo (05-03-2018)

  7. #14
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,953
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    Good idea. I will let the current configuration finish and then replace populations altogether with others. If we can get the default penalty fit below or around 2% using 4 non modern populations, that sounds to be good enough.
    Could you model Jat , Kalash, Pashtun with Gonur Outlier (steppe) , SiS 3 , Sarazm
    and same groups with Gonur 2 , MLBA Steppe , Sarazm, SiS 1

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     poi (05-02-2018)

  9. #15
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    4,655
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657 >BY160158
    mtDNA (M)
    M30g
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-L657 >Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

    Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    He won't be as good a source for most SA / Indo Aryan groups , because of his extra Siberian admixture , strangely MLBA West/ Sintashta better captures Steppe. Though this type should model well with Pashtuns I would think ie East Iranic.
    Narasimhan has an interactive Tableau report on various aDNA public.tableau.com/profile/vagheesh#!/vizhome/TheGenomicFormationofSouthandCentralAsia/Fig_1

    It looks like Ferghana steppe is close to Iron Age. Basically, they're at nightclub after 6am lol.

    The current configuration I have is focused on Bronze Age and prior. I can reconfigure for Iron Age and later pops so get scores using the latter data.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (05-03-2018),  khanabadoshi (05-03-2018),  parasar (05-02-2018),  pegasus (05-03-2018),  Sapporo (05-03-2018)

  11. #16
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,953
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    Narasimhan has an interactive Tableau report on various aDNA public.tableau.com/profile/vagheesh#!/vizhome/TheGenomicFormationofSouthandCentralAsia/Fig_1

    It looks like Ferghana steppe is close to Iron Age. Basically, they're at nightclub after 6am lol.

    The current configuration I have is focused on Bronze Age and prior. I can reconfigure for Iron Age and later pops so get scores using the latter data.
    Iron age won't be that useful for most SA populations because by that time modern cline seems to be set in motion. Btw could you also model Butkara.

  12. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,370
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

    Pakistan United States of America
    Do you have the rest of my khandan's coordinates and the Chitralis?
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

    Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.




  13. The Following User Says Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

     poi (05-03-2018)

  14. #18
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    4,655
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657 >BY160158
    mtDNA (M)
    M30g
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-L657 >Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    Do you have the rest of my khandan's coordinates and the Chitralis?
    Nope, just yours. Send me those and I will run them. I need to setup my old machines to run them in parallel so that there is no wait. My poor macbook will die if I keep running this here... it gets super hot due to 4 Rscript running at once for hours.

    Btw, this Narasimhan paper had aDNA that almost accounted for your entire DNA(assuming Global25 is remotely close lol). I could not believe it got to low 1.5% even with the penalty. No other South Asian so far has it that low. Jortita comes close, but that included Bonda tribals.
    Last edited by poi; 05-03-2018 at 12:28 AM.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (05-03-2018),  khanabadoshi (05-03-2018)

  16. #19
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,953
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    Nope, just yours. Send me those and I will run them. I need to setup my old machines to run them in parallel so that there is no wait. My poor macbook will die if I keep running this here... it gets super hot due to 4 Rscript running at once for hours.

    Btw, this Narasimhan paper had aDNA that almost accounted for your entire DNA(assuming Global25 is remotely close lol). I could not believe it got to low 1.5% even with the penalty. No other South Asian so far has it that low. Jortita comes close, but that included Bonda tribals.

    Thats why we count on u lol, doing all this is a very labored and tedious process.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     khanabadoshi (05-03-2018),  poi (05-03-2018),  Sapporo (05-03-2018)

  18. #20
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,953
    Location
    Gonur Tepe

    Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Has anyone uploaded the full GED match ids for the paper?? Khana when you are free at some point can you do it or any other brave soul.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (05-03-2018)

Page 2 of 771 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Automated Global25 nMonte entirely from the web
    By poi in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 1455
    Last Post: 08-23-2020, 07:31 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-30-2020, 12:50 PM
  3. Global25 automated nMonte for Horner members
    By drobbah in forum African
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-29-2020, 12:12 PM
  4. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-24-2019, 03:47 PM
  5. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-25-2019, 03:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •