Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L47* (Z159+, DYS438=11) - The "Ivanhoe Cluster"

Sex

I've finally got my L47+ result. I'm about to order the "L47 SNP Pack" which tests 112 SNPs downstream from L47.

Sex

I got the results today: FGC8590+, negative downstream of that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to genealaddict For This Useful Post:

palamede (08-24-2016)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Nationality
    US Citizen
    Y-DNA
    FCG8590 from FTDNA

Did you join any of the FTDNA groups? Also, I want to let you know that a new Facebook page has been set up for those of us who have tested FGC8590+ ... AI think the idea is that is we can find as many folks as possible to pull together, perhaps we can figure out more about this haplogroup ... Ken

Sex

On FTDNA I'm a member of the U106 group. Is there anything more specific?

What's the Facebook group called? I couldn't find it when I searched for FGC8590.

Sex

Last edited by Baltic Viking; 08-09-2016 at 01:42 AM.

Sex

Cool L47+ L44+ L46-

Quote Originally Posted by genealaddict View Post
    A recent topic on 23andMe forums may have interesting results. The original post was a fairly typical (for 23andMe) "I'm R1b1b2a1a1d from England, where are you from?" type. The OP was from Bristol. I'm from Somerset. Message after message came from people with paternal ancestry from South West England, with a few exceptions. It's raised enough interest to get at least a couple of people from 23andMe to decide to take FTDNA tests to see if we have any sort of link beyond L48.

I'm currently waiting for my result for the L47 SNP, recommended by project admins based on my Y-111. I'm almost certain that I'm L47+ because an "anonymous" (but known, with 95% certainty) cousin was found to be L47+ on the v3 chip.

As soon as I get confirmation I'll order the L47 pack.
    My earliest known Male Ancestor was in Exeter in the 1600s as a Freeman/Weaver.

YSEQ testing has established that I am L47+ L44+ but negative for l46 and below...including Z159 and Z9.

Is there anybody else in this forum on the same 'twiglet' of the tree?

Richard Y

Gold Class Member
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Y View Post
    YSEQ testing has established that I am L47+ L44+ but negative for l46 and below...including Z159 and Z9.

Is there anybody else in this forum on the same 'twiglet' of the tree?
    Take a look at YFull's R-L44 haplotree. There is an entire clade that is L44+ L46- , named R-FGC6194.

Sex

Thanks...but FGC6194 seems to be for L46+ (rather than negative.)...unless I am misreading it.

Gold Class Member
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Y View Post
    Thanks...but FGC6194 seems to be for L46+ (rather than negative.)...unless I am misreading it.
    You are misreading it. In a tree diagram of this kind, two sub-branches at the same level of indentation are brothers (i.e., same parent but otherwise mutually exclusive). R-L46 and R-FGC6194 are brothers.

Sex

OK...I can see the brotherhood of L46 and FGC6194 at the same level of indentation. Can you kindly clarify the L46 + and L46 - issue for me? I have been looking at L46 (right indented from L44+) as exclusively positive and downstream from L44+....and an L46- result as indicative of being on a twiglet downstream of L44 and upstream of L46 and FGC6194....hence the search for others on the same twiglet.

YSEQ who did the analysis deliberately "drill down" from U106 until they stop getting positives (such as L44 +) and get negatives (such as L46 - )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast