Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi + German/Slavic
    Nationality
    'murican
    Y-DNA
    E-L791/792
    mtDNA
    V31 (new SC)

United States of America Belarus Poland Germany Austrian Empire Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    See for yourself:

I wonder what happened to that V7 found in the Nezoluzhko study a few years back?
    1 Jew_Ashkenazy_Poland +Volga-German Custom:AGUser_Eihwaz 1.7783 85.83 14.17

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eihwaz For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-17-2018),  Hando (05-18-2018),  Power77 (05-18-2018),  Principe (05-17-2018)

Banned
    Ethnicity
    NorthWestern Asian
    Y-DNA
    proto-R1a*
    mtDNA
    Ubaidian HV1b2

Rojavaya Kurdistane Uruguay
    I already gave you an answer: "The split-ergative system is a common innovation of the Anatolian branch (in other words, it probably appeared in Proto-Anatolian)." and "Proto-Anatolian had a split-ergative system and was a language of the nominative-accusative type, this doesn't even remotely resemble the ergative alignment in the languages of the region which usually have ergative-absolutive systems and are of the agglutinative type, much like Hattic."

Once again, try reading my posts next time instead of skimming over them.
    So, that makes proto-Anatolian NATIVE to Anatolia. Game over for you

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA
    J1-YSC234 (Z18271+)
    mtDNA
    J1c5

Israel Israel Jerusalem United Kingdom England Scotland Isle of Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag Heuer View Post
    Yes, I know, just emphasised the similarity, so the Bosnian comrade can make some conclusions on the difference between Caucasian and IE-languages
    A more important difference to stress IMO would be the incomparably complex case system as well as the large phonemic inventories in NE Caucasian languages. These differences are much more important.
    ᾽Άλλο δέ τοι ἐρέω, σὺ δ᾽ ἐνὶ φρεσὶ βάλλεο σῇσιν:
    κρύβδην, μηδ᾽ ἀναφανδά, φίλην ἐς πατρίδα γαῖαν
    νῆα κατισχέμεναι: ἐπεὶ οὐκέτι πιστὰ γυναιξίν.

-Αγαμέμνων; H Οδύσσεια, Ραψωδία λ

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agamemnon For This Useful Post:

Hando (05-18-2018),  jdean (05-17-2018),  Padre Organtino (06-01-2018),  peternorth (05-17-2018),  Power77 (05-18-2018)

Gold Member Class
    Ethnicity
    Bosnia & Herzegovina
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z63>Y6228
    mtDNA
    H5c

The one thing I can conclude in a nutshell is that IE languages most likely originated somewhere around the Black sea.
    And someone correct me if I'm mistaken, the Balkans have the greatest variety of branches of IE languages. And I doubt that's because everyone wanted to migrate there. Why? Was there some kind of a gold rush? Probably because they're also the oldest languages in Europe.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Username For This Useful Post:

Hando (05-18-2018),  ms85 (05-17-2018)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA
    J1-YSC234 (Z18271+)
    mtDNA
    J1c5

Quote Originally Posted by ms85 View Post
    So, that makes proto-Anatolian NATIVE to Anatolia. Game over for you
    Read carefully: "this doesn't even remotely resemble the ergative alignment in the languages of the region which usually have ergative-absolutive systems and are of the agglutinative type, much like Hattic."

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agamemnon For This Useful Post:

Awale (05-19-2018),  jdean (05-17-2018),  Power77 (05-18-2018),  Principe (05-17-2018),  rms2 (05-17-2018)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Pred.Anglo-Saxon + Briton
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1b S21184, BY50830+
    mtDNA
    U4b1a2 - FGS

Canada England Wales Netherlands France Cornwall
    Anyone know the admixture profile of the Catacomb samples?
    YDNA: R1b-Z220 (A7066+) (1800's Stepney, London(Bethnal Green), UK George Wood b. 1782
    maternal-grandfather YDNA: prob. I1 Gurr, George 1843, Feversham, Kent, England.
    maternal-grandmother YDNA: R1b-P311+ Beech, John Richard b. 1780, Lewes, England
    maternal-ggrandfather YDNA R1b-U106 Thomas, Edward b 1854, Sittingbourne, Kent
    paternal-ggf YDNA: R1b-L48. Gould, John Somerset England 1800s.
    paternal-ggf YDNA: R1b-L48. Scott, William Hamilton mdka Ireland(?) < 1800s

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ADW_1981 For This Useful Post:

Hando (05-18-2018)

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Jewish & British
    Y-DNA
    J1-YSC234 (Z18271+)
    mtDNA
    J1c5

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    The one thing I can conclude in a nutshell is that IE languages most likely originated somewhere around the Black sea.
    And someone correct me if I'm mistaken, the Balkans have the greatest variety of branches of IE languages. And I doubt that's because everyone wanted to migrate there. Why? Was there some kind of a gold rush? Probably because they're also the oldest languages in Europe.
    While this is technically true, it is completely irrelevant in this context. Diachronic linguistics doesn't work like population genetics, just because diversity is centered in a specific area does not mean that the language family originated there (and indeed, you don't need to go far back in time to pinpoint the arrival of specific IE branches in the Balkans). That kind of lousy equivalence between genetics and linguistics should be avoided.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agamemnon For This Useful Post:

Hando (05-18-2018),  jdean (05-17-2018),  peternorth (05-17-2018),  Power77 (05-18-2018),  rms2 (05-17-2018)

Banned
    Ethnicity
    NorthWestern Asian
    Y-DNA
    proto-R1a*
    mtDNA
    Ubaidian HV1b2

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    The Balkans are the oldest IEan places in Europe! Hellenic is one of the most oldest European IEan language.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Noahche (Chechen)
    Y-DNA
    J1-CTS1460

European Union
    A more important difference to stress IMO would be the incomparably complex case system as well as the large phonemic inventories in NE Caucasian languages. These differences are much more important.
    they are indeed, but I'm not that good in English to explain these differences in scientific language
    Moxk bocu šrzu qiygo a tergal ca jo

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tag Heuer For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (05-17-2018),  Hando (05-18-2018),  jdean (05-17-2018),  Power77 (05-18-2018)

Banned
    Ethnicity
    NorthWestern Asian
    Y-DNA
    proto-R1a*
    mtDNA
    Ubaidian HV1b2

Read carefully: "this doesn't even remotely resemble the ergative alignment in the languages of the region which usually have ergative-absolutive systems and are of the agglutinative type, much like Hattic."
    Doesn't even matter. ERGATIVIY is still from Anatolia and it was in IEan proto-Anatolian. That makes proto-Anatolian native to Anatolia. Hittite evolved from Anatolian, That means that Hittite evolved from proto-Anatolian IN Anatolia. That makes Hittite hardcore Anatolian language. Because it was derived from proto-Anatolian IN Anatolia.

Proto-Anatolian ERGANTIVITY = Anatolian
    Hittites evolved from proto-Anatolian in Anatolia = Hittites is native to Anatolia!

Ancestor of Hittite which is proto-Anatolian got EGRATIVITY in Anatolia. And Hittites got it from proto-Anatolians.

So Hittite was born in Anatolia. proto-Hittites who started to use Hittite language were hardcore natives of Anatolian!

Game, set and match!
    Last edited by ms85; 05-17-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast