K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

United States of America England Wales Sweden Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Idwaajeden View Post
    Oh yeah, definitely some Ashkenazy is there
    I would be interested if that were so, but I don't get it on any results and have no Ashkenazi matches.

I think you really, really want to find it for some reason. I'm starting to think you don't really have any either, just wishful thinking on your part.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to msmarjoribanks For This Useful Post:

euromutt (05-30-2018),  Poincare (05-30-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Nationality
    Nobleman
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2

Moldova
    Quote Originally Posted by msmarjoribanks View Post
    I would be interested if that were so, but I don't get it on any results and have no Ashkenazi matches.

I think you really, really want to find it for some reason. I'm starting to think you don't really have any either, just wishful thinking on your part.
    I am not Jew myself, but you are shill

Registered Users

I mentioned this elsewhere, but this is a better place for it.

My sister and I (both of us are majority English, about 12.5% Swedish, the Irish/Scottish/Welsh looks about right, there's also a little German and perhaps (far back) a bit of French and Dutch, but not much):

Me:
    Europe West 42%
    Scandinavia 28%
    Ireland/Scotland/Wales 19%
    Great Britain 4%
    Europe South 3%
    Iberian Peninsula 2%
    Caucasus 2%

Sister:
    Scandinavia 43%
    Ireland/Scotland/Wales 20%
    Great Britain 11%
    Europe West 10%
    Iberian Peninsula 8%
    Europe South 5%
    Caucasus 2%
    Finland/NW Russia <1%

So taking out 12.5% for the real Scandinavian and about 19.5% (average) for the Ireland/Scotland/Wales, that leaves 68%. If you add the remaining Scandinavia, Great Britain, and Europe West together, we both get around 61%, which is similar to what the real amount of English would be.

Of course, some of the Europe West (or Scandinavia) is related to the German/French/Dutch.

I think her higher Iberian and Europe South is because her other results were grouped so much as Scandinavian, whereas mine went into Europe West (which would have higher Europe South/Iberian than Scandinavian does). Our K13 results are quite close.
    You make a good point about your sister receiving higher Iberian because she received higher Scandinavia. I think the same issue occurred with my mom. Itís my opinion that some of these ethnicity estimates almost act like Gedmatch oracles to make sense of the mixed soup of snps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mwauthy For This Useful Post:

msmarjoribanks (05-30-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Omitted
    mtDNA (M)
    V3c

Italy Canada Quebec England Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Idwaajeden View Post
    I am not Jew myself, but you are shill
    Can you give specific examples as to why you're accusing her of being a shill? This is the second thread I've seen where you've called her what I would define as a derogatory term. I'd say your constant attacks and seeming obsession with the threads she's on may constitute as personal attacks.

Your appearance on this thread seems to be a deliberate attack and not a genuine addition to the content of the thread.
    Last edited by euromutt; 05-30-2018 at 06:35 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to euromutt For This Useful Post:

msmarjoribanks (05-30-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Nationality
    Nobleman
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2

Moldova
    Quote Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
    Can you give specific examples as to why you're accusing her of being a shill? This is the second thread I've seen where you've called her what I would infer as a derogatory term. I'd say your constant attacks and seeming obsession with the threads she's on may constitute as personal attacks.
    This is shilly

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by mwauthy View Post
    You make a good point about your sister receiving higher Iberian because she received higher Scandinavia. I think the same issue occurred with my mom. It’s my opinion that some of these ethnicity estimates almost act like Gedmatch oracles to make sense of the mixed soup of snps.
    Yeah, sometimes I think it does.

In explaining it to my sister I did a chart of the K13 components with my parents, sis, and me, and then the typical SW English, Swedish, West German, and French results (with the idea that Europe West would be closer to France). It was interesting. A summary:

N Atlantic ranged from 51% for SW England, to 48.5% for Sweden, to 43.1% for West_German and 42.6% for France. My dad scored v. close to the SW England amount, my mom at 46% (so between the Swedish and German amounts, she often gets pegged as v close to the North German average by the oracle), and my sister and I in-between.

Baltic ranged from 31% for Sweden to around 22% for SW England and West_Germany to 17% for France. Again my dad was right at the SW England average (he often gets pegged as SW English by the oracles, I see why), my mom was around 26-27% (so again between West_Germany and Sweden), and my sister and I between the two but closer to my mom (I was over 25%, she was over 24%).

Both of my parents are a bit higher in West Asian than the sample groups -- my mom gets 7.33%, my dad 7.67%. The groups vary from 4.9% (SW England) to 5% (France) to 5.2% (Sweden) and then up to 6.9% for West_Germany, but there's a lot of variation in similar groups -- North_German gets 7.1%, Irish gets 6.3%, Austrian gets 7.2%. My score is lower than both my parents (7.1) and my sister's higher (9.2%) -- enough that I wonder if other things are getting confused with it.

West Med is one of the more interesting, as the sample populations range from 9.25% (Swedish) to 19.5% (French) with SW England (15%) and West_German (14.8%) in-between (Irish is lower at 12.4%, SE England at 14%, North_German at 10.3%). My mom looks Swedish here, with only 9.4%, my dad is way up at 16% (close to the SW England result again), and my sister and I in-between (me, 12.5%, sis 13.7%) -- here note that if my sister is assigned high Swedish results then, she's left with higher West Med than fits with that, that needs to be explained. My West Med number, on the other hand, isn't high at all for Europe West.

Finally, we range from 0% (my dad) to 6.2% (my mom) for East Med, with my sister and I in-between (me at 5.5%, my sister at 2.8% -- and this makes me wonder if East Med/West Asian could maybe be easy to confuse, as she's low here, high in the West Asian. But dunno.) The sample populations range from 1.35% for Sweden to 10.33% for France (with SW England at 2.7% and West_Germany at 8.5%).

You can see that what numbers look high and might result in a separate percentage is going to depend on what the main results assigned are.

Registered Users

Yeah, sometimes I think it does.

In explaining it to my sister I did a chart of the K13 components with my parents, sis, and me, and then the typical SW English, Swedish, West German, and French results (with the idea that Europe West would be closer to France). It was interesting. A summary:

N Atlantic ranged from 51% for SW England, to 48.5% for Sweden, to 43.1% for West_German and 42.6% for France. My dad scored v. close to the SW England amount, my mom at 46% (so between the Swedish and German amounts, she often gets pegged as v close to the North German average by the oracle), and my sister and I in-between.

Baltic ranged from 31% for Sweden to around 22% for SW England and West_Germany to 17% for France. Again my dad was right at the SW England average (he often gets pegged as SW English by the oracles, I see why), my mom was around 26-27% (so again between West_Germany and Sweden), and my sister and I between the two but closer to my mom (I was over 25%, she was over 24%).

Both of my parents are a bit higher in West Asian than the sample groups -- my mom gets 7.33%, my dad 7.67%. The groups vary from 4.9% (SW England) to 5% (France) to 5.2% (Sweden) and then up to 6.9% for West_Germany, but there's a lot of variation in similar groups -- North_German gets 7.1%, Irish gets 6.3%, Austrian gets 7.2%. My score is lower than both my parents (7.1) and my sister's higher (9.2%) -- enough that I wonder if other things are getting confused with it.

West Med is one of the more interesting, as the sample populations range from 9.25% (Swedish) to 19.5% (French) with SW England (15%) and West_German (14.8%) in-between (Irish is lower at 12.4%, SE England at 14%, North_German at 10.3%). My mom looks Swedish here, with only 9.4%, my dad is way up at 16% (close to the SW England result again), and my sister and I in-between (me, 12.5%, sis 13.7%) -- here note that if my sister is assigned high Swedish results then, she's left with higher West Med than fits with that, that needs to be explained. My West Med number, on the other hand, isn't high at all for Europe West.

Finally, we range from 0% (my dad) to 6.2% (my mom) for East Med, with my sister and I in-between (me at 5.5%, my sister at 2.8% -- and this makes me wonder if East Med/West Asian could maybe be easy to confuse, as she's low here, high in the West Asian. But dunno.) The sample populations range from 1.35% for Sweden to 10.33% for France (with SW England at 2.7% and West_Germany at 8.5%).

You can see that what numbers look high and might result in a separate percentage is going to depend on what the main results assigned are.
    Interesting! Do you know where in France the French sample was from?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mwauthy For This Useful Post:

msmarjoribanks (05-31-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA (M)
    K2b2
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-M269
    mtDNA (P)
    K2b1a1a

I don't, or even if the pools used are of a reasonable size, so it's useful for understanding K13 results but of course we can't see how it actually compares with Ancestry pools. I am looking to see if I can find more information.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123