Page 652 of 652 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652
Results 6,511 to 6,517 of 6517

Thread: Could Western Jews (Ash. and Seph.) descend from Aegeans and Levantine admixture?

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by jonahst View Post
    Here are my results from the original test and FTDNA upload. This was before they started giving Ashkenazi Jews huge amount of Eastern European, though I did get the Iberia. And as much as I would love the FTDNA upload results to be accurate, we all know it's bullshit. Though I will saw, they did manage to get the Levant % pretty close, but since they only give Levantine Christians like 45% Levant, it doesn't make much sense either.

Sicilians do typically get much more South Italy and much less Near East, but I did see one Sicilian result that looked very similar to the old, more accurate (but still Euro-inflated) Ashkenazi results.
    I hear LivingDNA stopped accepting uploads.

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    LivingDNA was really out there giving me 60% South Europe, 45% of which was South Italy. I think only Sicilians would get more South Italy than me. Guessing their algorithm must have lumped a good amount of MENA into S European Mediterranean classifications. I submitted other company data to them eons ago for analysis to see if it would come out wildly different but there has really not been much movement on their site with either updates or catching up to long ago promised features.
    What do you get on Eurogenes K13?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Sephardic Jew
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    mtDNA
    X2d2

Israel
    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    Have any of you AncestryDNA users benefited from "Thrulines"? It hasn't given me shit.
    It's just showing me the names of my ancestors from the family tree I uploaded, completely useless for me.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to talombo For This Useful Post:

StillWater (Today)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Jewish

Quote Originally Posted by talombo View Post
    It's just showing me the names of my ancestors from the family tree I uploaded, completely useless for me.
    Same here, except from one branch through which I'm related to half of Brooklyn, but I already knew that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

talombo (Today)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by talombo View Post
    AncestryDNA is the worst for me, they totally ignored my north-african and made me half italian, even if they're looking at 2000 years old ancestry (like tolan k71 calc) I still should have gotten some north-african.

A girl I know who is half Algerian Jewish tested with AncestryDNA.
    Her Algerian Jewish half came up 9% Middle East 1% Iberian 40% Italian.
    Like yourself she scored 0% from North African catergory which is pretty ridiculous.
    AncestryDNA seem to have a problem in General post update as they have many Italians both northern,Central & Southern being now told they are half French sometimes fully French

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Claudio For This Useful Post:

Greekscholar (Today),  hartaisarlag (Today),  Nino90 (Today),  talombo (Today)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Like yourself she scored 0% from North African catergory which is pretty ridiculous.
    AncestryDNA seem to have a problem in General post update as they have many Italians both northern,Central & Southern being now told they are half French sometimes fully French
    Post-update Ancestry.com has a very odd Italy region, very broad. I would estimate about 60-70% of my cousin matches from the Aegean islands are now majority "Italian" according to Ancestry. The "Italy" region seems to be more of a large Central/Eastern Mediterranean continuum catch-all region. I am not surprised Jewish populations are being swept up into the "Italy" catagory for this reason.
    Last edited by Greekscholar; Today at 03:02 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greekscholar For This Useful Post:

talombo (Today)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Germanic + Italo-Celt
    Nationality
    Swedish
    Y-DNA
    R-L2 / R1b-U152
    mtDNA
    H1a1

Sweden Italy Italy 1861-1946 Sami Vatican
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
    Their Italian reference must be South Italian. Ancestrydna is nearly equal to Myheritage in ancestry representation.

And their British category stretches to North Italy.

My brother got 9% British, 8% French and 5 % German and 3% Italian for his Italian ancestry.
    Last edited by Nino90; Today at 03:40 PM.
    Hidden Content

Eurogenes K13 Mixed Mode Population Sharing:
    1. 63.1% Swedish+36.9% Spanish_Andalucia @ 2.93

Page 652 of 652 FirstFirst ... 152552602642650651652