Page 1029 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,290 of 10329

Thread: Could Western Jews (Ash. and Seph.) descend from Aegeans and Levantine admixture?

  1. #10281
    Registered Users
    Posts
    229
    Sex
    Location
    Marseille
    Ethnicity
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a
    mtDNA (M)
    H1j
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1b-U106
    mtDNA (P)
    N1b2

    France Occitania Lorraine Star of David Germany Bayern
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
    Modelled very well as 50% French, 50% Western Jewish.



    The coordinates of the great grandmother, if you can trust that they are close to the truth, suggest the Judaeo-Provenšal ancestor may have been very close to not just French_Jew_ashkenazy4w, but also Ashkenazi Germans and some Italian Jews.

    Attachment 39679
    I made a new ghost based on your modeling which is actually perfect (the barycentre of the gentile French portion from your modeling falls exactly where it should based on her biological father's origins).

    loxias-ggma-ghost_scaled,0.095901,0.143874,-0.011387,-0.054382,0.003958,-0.026871,-0.008219,-0.003003,0.010550,0.018912,0.010686,0.007601,-0.001926,0.004730,-0.002633,-0.018081,-0.023810,0.011744,-0.003078,-0.000216,-0.007462,0.010323,0.000444,0.006294,-0.001291

    See if it yields anything better.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to loxias For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-20-2020),  grumpydaddybear (09-29-2020),  passenger (09-27-2020),  Power77 (09-27-2020),  Seabass (09-20-2020)

  3. #10282
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,434
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jew
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-YP3924
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a1b1a
    mtDNA (P)
    K2a2a

    Israel Israel Jerusalem Star of David
    Gmar Hatima Tova to all !
    צום מועיל לצמים !

    And since technically still valid and I missed the opportunity during the actual day - Shana Tova !
    Check out my Hidden Content

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Erikl86 For This Useful Post:

     Agamemnon (09-27-2020),  Claudio (09-29-2020),  grumpydaddybear (09-29-2020),  hartaisarlag (09-27-2020),  leorcooper19 (09-28-2020),  passenger (09-27-2020),  StillWater (09-28-2020),  SUPREEEEEME (09-27-2020)

  5. #10283
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

    Poland Bulgaria Russian Federation Ottoman Empire Star of David
    How do you think, what ethnicity does that person have with this ancient G25 breakdown?

    60.5 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_BA
    15.7 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA
    15.7 Levant_Ashkelon_LBA
    8.1 TUR_Tell_Kurdu_MC

    (not very accurate , because converted partial results into 'full', but what do you think?)
    Target: Cyryl_scaled ( Genoplot )
    distance: 1.4931
    Polish+Russian: 86.5%
    Bulgarian: 6%
    Sephardic_Jew: 4%
    Italian_Jew: 2.5%
    Romaniote_Jew: 1%

    Vahaduo

    Target: Cyryl_scaled
    Distance: 1.8582% / 0.01858197
    87.0 Balto-Slavic
    7.2 Iraqi_Jew
    5.8 Bulgarian

  6. #10284
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,434
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jew
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-YP3924
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a1b1a
    mtDNA (P)
    K2a2a

    Israel Israel Jerusalem Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrylBojarski View Post
    How do you think, what ethnicity does that person have with this ancient G25 breakdown?

    60.5 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_BA
    15.7 IRN_Hajji_Firuz_IA
    15.7 Levant_Ashkelon_LBA
    8.1 TUR_Tell_Kurdu_MC

    (not very accurate , because converted partial results into 'full', but what do you think?)
    Could be either Assyrian or Mesopotamian. Might be Iranian/Kurdish Jewish - but IMO that's too much IRN_Hajji_Firuz ancestry for a Mizrahi, and not enough Levantine.

    Also - I didn't entirely understand what did you mean by "converted partial results into 'full'".
    Check out my Hidden Content

  7. #10285
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

    Poland Bulgaria Russian Federation Ottoman Empire Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikl86 View Post
    Could be either Assyrian or Mesopotamian. Might be Iranian/Kurdish Jewish - but IMO that's too much IRN_Hajji_Firuz ancestry for a Mizrahi, and not enough Levantine.

    Also - I didn't entirely understand what did you mean by "converted partial results into 'full'".
    I mean, that are 7% of my results, which I converted into full for my great great grandparent
    Target: Cyryl_scaled ( Genoplot )
    distance: 1.4931
    Polish+Russian: 86.5%
    Bulgarian: 6%
    Sephardic_Jew: 4%
    Italian_Jew: 2.5%
    Romaniote_Jew: 1%

    Vahaduo

    Target: Cyryl_scaled
    Distance: 1.8582% / 0.01858197
    87.0 Balto-Slavic
    7.2 Iraqi_Jew
    5.8 Bulgarian

  8. #10286
    Registered Users
    Posts
    862
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by CyrylBojarski View Post
    I mean, that are 7% of my results, which I converted into full for my great great grandparent
    @Cyril: That won't work out, because all Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews have other ancestral components too, which being swallowed by your own other ancestries. At the same time the more Near Eastern parts too were fused with the Balkan-Near Eastern you have. Also, considering how few segments you might have, this doesn't have to be representative of how your ancestor looked. This could be an odd remain of a much more diversified original genome of your ancestor.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riverman For This Useful Post:

     CyrylBojarski (10-01-2020),  Erikl86 (10-01-2020)

  10. #10287
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

    Poland Bulgaria Russian Federation Ottoman Empire Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
    @Cyril: That won't work out, because all Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews have other ancestral components too, which being swallowed by your own other ancestries. At the same time the more Near Eastern parts too were fused with the Balkan-Near Eastern you have. Also, considering how few segments you might have, this doesn't have to be representative of how your ancestor looked. This could be an odd remain of a much more diversified original genome of your ancestor.
    Yes, I know, I checked, Bulgarian and Polish reference samples do not have these categories, what I wrote, so I thought It can be from that ancestor.
    In Polish G25 reference sample Near Eastern on ancient is 0%
    In Bulgarian G25 reference sample Near Eastern is from Turkey about 5%

    I know , partial results unfortunately can not be very detailed
    Target: Cyryl_scaled ( Genoplot )
    distance: 1.4931
    Polish+Russian: 86.5%
    Bulgarian: 6%
    Sephardic_Jew: 4%
    Italian_Jew: 2.5%
    Romaniote_Jew: 1%

    Vahaduo

    Target: Cyryl_scaled
    Distance: 1.8582% / 0.01858197
    87.0 Balto-Slavic
    7.2 Iraqi_Jew
    5.8 Bulgarian

  11. #10288
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

    Poland Bulgaria Russian Federation Ottoman Empire Star of David
    Can someone answer on my short question?

    Can Latin Americans have Slavic admixture through Ashkenazi admixture through Sephardic heritage ?
    Target: Cyryl_scaled ( Genoplot )
    distance: 1.4931
    Polish+Russian: 86.5%
    Bulgarian: 6%
    Sephardic_Jew: 4%
    Italian_Jew: 2.5%
    Romaniote_Jew: 1%

    Vahaduo

    Target: Cyryl_scaled
    Distance: 1.8582% / 0.01858197
    87.0 Balto-Slavic
    7.2 Iraqi_Jew
    5.8 Bulgarian

  12. #10289
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,823
    Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Y-DNA (P)
    J-L210
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c7a
    mtDNA (P)
    HV1b2

    Israel Jerusalem
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrylBojarski View Post
    Can someone answer on my short question?

    Can Latin Americans have Slavic admixture through Ashkenazi admixture through Sephardic heritage ?
    .No..
    הִנְנִי֩ מֵבִ֨יא אוֹתָ֜ם מֵאֶ֣רֶץ צָפ֗וֹן

    Jeremiah 31

    Other potential and/or likely recent lineages: J-L816, J-PF5456, E-FGC56023

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillWater For This Useful Post:

     CyrylBojarski (10-04-2020),  hartaisarlag (10-04-2020)

  14. #10290
    Registered Users
    Posts
    412
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a2b

    Poland Bulgaria Russian Federation Ottoman Empire Star of David
    Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    .No..
    So that means full Eastern Europeans can not match Latin Americans and Iberians in this case?
    Target: Cyryl_scaled ( Genoplot )
    distance: 1.4931
    Polish+Russian: 86.5%
    Bulgarian: 6%
    Sephardic_Jew: 4%
    Italian_Jew: 2.5%
    Romaniote_Jew: 1%

    Vahaduo

    Target: Cyryl_scaled
    Distance: 1.8582% / 0.01858197
    87.0 Balto-Slavic
    7.2 Iraqi_Jew
    5.8 Bulgarian

Page 1029 of 1033 FirstFirst ... 29529929979101910271028102910301031 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-18-2020, 09:29 PM
  2. Do Mandaens descend from Jews?
    By StillWater in forum Jewish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2020, 04:38 AM
  3. Late Gupta era admixture in Western India
    By tipirneni in forum Southern
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 10-24-2019, 03:16 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-29-2019, 04:04 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-04-2019, 05:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •