Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: আসুন বাংলায় আলোচনা করি

  1. #21
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,185
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y2568*

    India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Kart View Post
    Devnagari has the letter "va" though... It seems like Bengali doesn't.
    During my trip through UP in 10th Grade, seeing people using Va at the end was one of the shocks. I've seen similar language used by Bihari labours in our farm.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

    Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

  2. #22
    Registered Users
    Posts
    470
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Malayalee(Nair)
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1

    United States of America India Kingdom of Travancore
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    During my trip through UP in 10th Grade, seeing people using Va at the end was one of the shocks. I've seen similar language used by Bihari labours in our farm.
    I don't understand

  3. #23
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,185
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y2568*

    India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Kart View Post
    I don't understand
    Like kisan to kisanva, ramesh to rameshva. Probably part of Bhojpuri. Parasar can chip in and enlighten more.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

    Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

  4. #24
    Registered Users
    Posts
    470
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Malayalee(Nair)
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1

    United States of America India Kingdom of Travancore
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Like kisan to kisanva, ramesh to rameshva. Probably part of Bhojpuri. Parasar can chip in and enlighten more.
    oh I didn't know they did that. Interesting.

  5. #25
    Moderator
    Posts
    781
    Sex
    Location
    Sarai-Batu
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a

    Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by Kart View Post
    Since I don't know how to speak Bengali.. I'll ask something I've been wondering for years.. Why don't you guys have the letter "va" .. Sourabh, Biswas, ..WHYYYY
    It's a latter stage development of Magadhi Prakrit culminating into the Bengali-Assamese languages. Standard Bengali also lacks z/dzh/f/retroflex r/ya/guttaral khh etc but some of these are found in other dialects.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

     khanabadoshi (12-17-2018),  poi (03-10-2019),  Reza (12-17-2018)

  7. #26
    Registered Users
    Posts
    470
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Malayalee(Nair)
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1

    United States of America India Kingdom of Travancore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    It's a latter stage development of Magadhi Prakrit culminating into the Bengali-Assamese languages. Standard Bengali also lacks z/dzh/f/retroflex r/ya etc but some of these are found in other dialects.
    I don't know what any of those means..but thanks

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kart For This Useful Post:

     Kulin (12-17-2018)

  9. #27
    Moderator
    Posts
    781
    Sex
    Location
    Sarai-Batu
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a

    Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by Kart View Post
    I don't know what any of those means..but thanks
    Lol those are sounds.

    Like Zameen

    Dzh sound don't know example

    fark

    Khilari

    Yashveer

    Hard to find example for guttar kh

  10. #28
    Registered Users
    Posts
    470
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Malayalee(Nair)
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1

    United States of America India Kingdom of Travancore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    Lol those are sounds.

    Like Zameen

    Dzh sound don't know example

    fark

    Khilari

    Yashveer

    Hard to find example for guttar kh
    like khamoshi?

  11. #29
    Moderator
    Posts
    781
    Sex
    Location
    Sarai-Batu
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a

    Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by Kart View Post
    like khamoshi?
    Nah, most people would be able to say that. Most speakers of other languages can't pronounce hard kh either, like the Persian way. Like not many people actually pronounce Khan or Khuda the way it should be except few Urdu speakers and some people from the Northwest. Softer Kh sounds also exists in standard Bengali, but the harder one only exists in some dialects.

  12. #30
    Registered Users
    Posts
    470
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Malayalee(Nair)
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1

    United States of America India Kingdom of Travancore
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    Nah, most people would be able to say that. Most speakers of other languages can't pronounce hard kh either, like the Persian way. Like not many people actually pronounce Khan or Khuda the way it should be except few Urdu speakers and some people from the Northwest. Softer Kh sounds also exists in standard Bengali, but the harder one only exists in some dialects.
    Bollywood singers are pretty good at it...They pronounce words like Khuda properly (I'm guessing?)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kart For This Useful Post:

     Kulin (12-17-2018)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •