Thread: Worst Customer Service of any company

Worst Customer Service of any company

I wrote a post the other regarding issues with Ancestry's site. I'm still having major issues with search functionality, so I called the 1-800 number. Possibly the worst customer service of any major company that I've ever dealt with. I called 3 times; each time I had to wait 20 minutes, and each time, after being "connected", no customer rep answered. The call immediately disconnected. The ethnicity estimate is pretty poor, but the records and trees made the site worthwhile. The ethnicity update has been a debacle, now this. Had to vent. Exasperating

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: I1-P109
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1

Germany United Kingdom Czech Republic Canada Canada Quebec Netherlands
    You might get a better response if you direct-message them on Twitter and/or Facebook. (I've gotten responses from them about DNA results questions and broken website features that way before.)
    Ancestry paper trail tally: 21.1% Colonial American (British Isles, German, Dutch, Swiss, French), 14.1% not traced past 19th Century United States (MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA), 7.8% Canadian (Ontario & Quebec), 40.6% German, 15.6% Czech, 0.8% British & Irish

Hidden Content * Hidden Content * Hidden Content

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    7/8 European,1/8 Hawaiian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L2>BY4242-Germany
    mtDNA (M)
    H3h-Germany
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-FT41362-Azores, Pt
    mtDNA (P)
    W6a-Slovakia

United States of America Germany Italy Azores Slovakia Hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by PoxVoldius View Post
    You might get a better response if you direct-message them on Twitter and/or Facebook. (I've gotten responses from them about DNA results questions and broken website features that way before.)
    That's a sad fact of the modern world. Make a company look bad on Yelp or Twitter or Facebook and you are much more likely to get help because other people can see.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Osiris For This Useful Post:

PoxVoldius (06-21-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    Dad: I1-P109
    mtDNA (M)
    T1a1

Germany United Kingdom Czech Republic Canada Canada Quebec Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    That's a sad fact of the modern world. Make a company look bad on Yelp or Twitter or Facebook and you are much more likely to get help because other people can see.
    Except that I was using direct messages, which are not public. But it is still sad that you can get better customer service using social media than using traditional methods like phone calls.
    Ancestry paper trail tally: 21.1% Colonial American (British Isles, German, Dutch, Swiss, French), 14.1% not traced past 19th Century United States (MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA), 7.8% Canadian (Ontario & Quebec), 40.6% German, 15.6% Czech, 0.8% British & Irish

Hidden Content * Hidden Content * Hidden Content