Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 67 of 67

Thread: Gedmatch automated PCA for South/Central Asian members

  1. #61
    Registered Users
    Posts
    413
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Deccani Muslim
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-L677
    mtDNA (M)
    M2B

    United States of America India Yemen
    I wanna send my kit info, but I'm stumped on ethnicity and group. Hyderabadi Muslims are somewhat mixed from different states (UP, Karnataka, etc.) and the closest group the Telugus have their own distinctive scores on calculators. Should I include Chaush in there? How about Syed?

  2. #62
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    4,087
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropy View Post
    I wanna send my kit info, but I'm stumped on ethnicity and group. Hyderabadi Muslims are somewhat mixed from different states (UP, Karnataka, etc.) and the closest group the Telugus have their own distinctive scores on calculators. Should I include Chaush in there? How about Syed?
    Just send me the kits for each ethnicity, group, subgroup. Cataloging moderns is a bit subjective, but you can categorize based on what makes sense.

    Region is definetely South Asian. Nationality is definitely India. Ethnicity could be Hyderabad Muslim. And group could be Chaush. You can add a subgroup if there are multiple types of Chaush Hyderabadi Muslims.

    I will finish the "closest matches" kit which should show how different kit/group/ethnicity score compare to others. But just focus on political classifications for now.

    For ethnic groups like my own, it so happens to be both political and genetic due to our relative isolation for atleast 500 years. I understand that many other ethnic groups could be overlapping.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (09-25-2018),  misanthropy (09-23-2018)

  4. #63
    Bronze Class Member
    Posts
    2,455
    Sex
    Location
    Krasnoyarsk
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    U7b
    mtDNA (P)
    G3a3

    Siberian Tatars Tajikistan
    Quote Originally Posted by misanthropy View Post
    I wanna send my kit info, but I'm stumped on ethnicity and group. Hyderabadi Muslims are somewhat mixed from different states (UP, Karnataka, etc.) and the closest group the Telugus have their own distinctive scores on calculators. Should I include Chaush in there? How about Syed?
    How are we mixed from UP?

  5. #64
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    3,267
    Sex
    Location
    Canada
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2

    India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by poi View Post
    Just send me the kits for each ethnicity, group, subgroup. Cataloging moderns is a bit subjective, but you can categorize based on what makes sense.

    Region is definetely South Asian. Nationality is definitely India. Ethnicity could be Hyderabad Muslim. And group could be Chaush. You can add a subgroup if there are multiple types of Chaush Hyderabadi Muslims.

    I will finish the "closest matches" kit which should show how different kit/group/ethnicity score compare to others. But just focus on political classifications for now.

    For ethnic groups like my own, it so happens to be both political and genetic due to our relative isolation for atleast 500 years. I understand that many other ethnic groups could be overlapping.
    Do you want me to send you my new kit number?
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

    Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

     poi (09-23-2018),  tipirneni (09-24-2018)

  7. #65
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    4,087
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Do you want me to send you my new kit number?
    Did you send? I have not received it.

    Btw, if you have sponsor link to the nmonte runner tool, click on that link first and then go to this link:

    http://185.144.156.77:3000/gedmatch.html . -- you should have full features after that.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     MonkeyDLuffy (09-28-2018),  Nibelung (09-27-2018)

  9. #66
    Global Moderator
    Posts
    4,087
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    M30
    Y-DNA (M)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (P)
    U2C1

    Update -- still have not run anyone additional kits.

    I am in the process of putting together as much ancient and modern ethnic groups' kits. My grand plan is to have nMonte runs using GedMatch calculators. So, users can select one or many calculators and create nMonte models. Most of the code is already there, including GedMatch kit score aggregating functionality and nMonte runner, so it is just a matter of 1) putting together the kits and categorizing them and 2) running the calculators for kits' scores.

    Once those are done, we should be able to select, for example, "Harappa + Eurogenes K13" calculators, select various kit groups/individuals as reference pops, and various kits as test pops. The whole project might take a month or two.
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (04-24-2019),  Dr_McNinja (04-25-2019),  Jatt1 (01-08-2019),  pegasus (05-04-2019)

  11. #67
    Thank you very good

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6394
    Last Post: 10-13-2019, 09:27 PM
  2. Central and South Asian DNA Paper
    By Principe in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 838
    Last Post: 09-25-2019, 03:42 PM
  3. Replies: 85
    Last Post: 01-25-2019, 03:20 AM
  4. West Asian and South Asian is GEDMatch?
    By howie345 in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2018, 04:52 PM
  5. In what world is Afghanistan Central or South Asian?
    By MyAnthropologies in forum Central
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •