Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295
    mtDNA (M)
    T2f

United States of America Bangladesh India United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ellefolk View Post
    I don’t feel like reading all this right now but 23andme’s not going to give you a false cousin because of super ancient adna. Especially when there many clusters. There was and still is a lot of mixing
    Well this is incorrect, because the majority of my European cousins on 23andMe are not shared by either of my parents, meaning they’re clearly false matches. "Identical by state" segments do exist. The most parsimonious explanation for this phenomena would be segments related to the MLBA steppe expansion.
    Last edited by FrostAssassin0701; 06-16-2021 at 02:04 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FrostAssassin0701 For This Useful Post:

aaronbee2010 (06-16-2021),  Kulin (06-20-2021),  laltota (06-19-2021),  Sapporo (06-16-2021),  subzero85 (06-19-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Interesting. An ethnic Dolpo (Tibetan/Bhotiya) from Nepal scores 7.6% Central-South Asian.

Attachment 45186

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post778667

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Y91197
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Pakistani Pashtun (Orakzai) with ancestry from Orakzai agency of the former FATA (now part of KPK):

https://www.reddit.com/r/23andme/com...orakzai_tribe/
    pegasus modeling:
    sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

avatar credit goes out to aaronbee2010

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Awadhi
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2- (J-Z6082)
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d1a

Quote Originally Posted by Sapporo View Post
    Pakistani Pashtun (Orakzai) with ancestry from Orakzai agency of the former FATA (now part of KPK):

That guy gets 7.7% Penninsular Arab. Wonder what the story is there.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by subzero85 View Post
    That guy gets 7.7% Penninsular Arab. Wonder what the story is there.
    He says there was an ancestor from his paternal side he knew about who was from Saudi Arabia.
    "

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    R30b
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Y7
    mtDNA (P)
    U9b1*

United States of America Pakistan

Some Orakzai are also Shia. Could this be an Iranian Syed or Qazalbash related ancestry? The person dies mention an ancestor supposedly on the paternal line.
    https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/r...being-targeted

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kapisa For This Useful Post:

Sapporo (06-19-2021)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Jatt Sikh
    Nationality
    American & Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    L-M357 > Y91197
    mtDNA (M)
    HV2a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    L-M27
    mtDNA (P)
    R0

United States of America California Republic Canada India Punjab Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapisa View Post
    Some Orakzai are also Shia. Could this be an Iranian Syed or Qazalbash related ancestry? The person dies mention an ancestor supposedly on the paternal line.
    https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/r...being-targeted
    I'm not sure tbh. The West Asian Pashtuns tend to score on 23andMe is usually entirely Iranian, Caucasian and Mesopotamian (so a mix of ANF + Iran N like ancestry mostly). This individual also scored 4% South Indian on 23andMe which seems slightly off for a Pashtun. It's possible that 23andMe is falsely picking up Peninsular Arab + South Indian and it should be going to Iranian, Caucasian and Mesopotamian instead?
    pegasus modeling:
    sample": "Punjabi_Jat:Sapporo_AGUser",
    "fit": 1.1506,
    "IRN_Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3": 43.33,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 31.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "closestDistances": [

avatar credit goes out to aaronbee2010

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapporo For This Useful Post:

Coldmountains (06-19-2021),  Kapisa (06-19-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    R30b
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Y7
    mtDNA (P)
    U9b1*

United States of America Pakistan
    I'm not sure tbh. The West Asian Pashtuns tend to score on 23andMe is usually entirely Iranian, Caucasian and Mesopotamian (so a mix of ANF + Iran N like ancestry mostly). This individual also scored 4% South Indian on 23andMe which seems slightly off for a Pashtun. It's possible that 23andMe is falsely picking up Peninsular Arab + South Indian and it should be going to Iranian, Caucasian and Mesopotamian instead?
    Yup that South Indian is not accurate imo. It could be KPK samples + Central Asian covers pretty much all the variation except for the Laventine-N related which is being falsely assigned to a supposed 100% Peninsular Arab ancestor.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kapisa For This Useful Post:

Sapporo (06-19-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    W

The Bhopal/Hyderabad state correlation in the comments is also plausible imo.

Registered Users
    Sex

https://imgur.com/nos6plm

I calculated the average amount of Iranian and Indian ancestry Parsis have based off my relatives. All results are in that picture/imgurr link. The reason I believe this is more reliable than GEDmatch or G25 is that a lot of samples on GEDmatch and G25 are clearly Irani admixed. I did my best to only include Parsis and I even calculated an atornan (priestly class Parsi families) average to see if it varied from regular Parsis. My sample size is also very large. Whilst G25 shows Parsis to be about 20 percent Gujarati only, 23andme shows that that number is nearly twice as much. (about 1/3)

What i found incredibly interesting is that many Parsis had European and East Asian trace amounts. However, a much larger number of Parsis (around 25 percent of my Parsi relatives) scored SSA trace (especially Somalian). This is very confusing to me because I don't understand how the Siddis could have such a large statistical impact on the Parsi population. It's probably another African source but I really can't quite figure out what it is. Genoplot even showed that many Parsis did indeed score trace African. Siddis were too small in population to have such an impact imo. The European could be British admixture and I have no idea where the East Asian trace could have come from but only a few Parsis scored that anyways.
    "

Page 132 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast