Page 387 of 403 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4026

Thread: চেহারাمنهنचेहराముఖంمخமுகம்چہرہਚਿਹਰਾ

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    Note I specified the overlap is with southern Iranians by and large, and not with "us" northerners.

Case in point (northern Iranians are quite pale... This is me with a tan):
    thanks you look really cool . On a side note ,would you say these two Pashtun soldiers can fit in North Iran? asking just for academic purposes

Last edited by passion; 01-12-2019 at 04:51 PM.

Administrator
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA
    D4j5*

England
    Quote Originally Posted by passion View Post
    thanks you look really cool . On a side note ,would you say these two Pashtun soldiers can fit in North Iran?
    Without a shadow of a doubt. Both of them would fit into my Azeri side without a single eyebrow being raised. They'd definitely be spoken to in the languages of the region (Persian, Azeri, Kurmanji, Gilaki etc.). There's a strange, enhanced phenotype overlap I've noticed between northern Iranians and certain Afghan groups (particularly Pashtuns).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

26284729292 (01-12-2019),  passion (01-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    I've encounter very few Khatris like instagramer The Mistri who looks pendu. They have very urban and polish features in comparison to us who are more rugged and raw. Same goes for Brahmins, which makes sense since both communities has been educated for hundred of years, and engaged in trade, record keeping, money lending etc making them wealthier than others. Most of these professions didn't require going out in fields.

It's a stereotype among pendus that Brahmins and Khatris are softer, it probably stems from us working physically intense jobs while they were educated enough to pick up trade or official ranks etc.

Khatris won't stand out in the pics I posted, nor Brahmins, there is actually a Khatri and a Brahmin dude in those pics lol.
    From what i have seen Gujjers produce the most exotic types of Punjabis , I have seen decent numbers with this Hindukush look.Arains and quereshis can be quite light as well.

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    R1a-Y2568*
    mtDNA
    M3a2

India Punjab Canada Azad Baluchistan Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Quote Originally Posted by passion View Post
    From what i have seen Gujjers produce the most exotic types of Punjabis , I have seen decent numbers with this Hindukush look.Arains and quereshis can be quite light as well.
    The mainland Punjabi gujjars look the most pendu. But when you start looking at what we call Heer Gujjars (term for Muslim gujjars in my region), you'll start seeing the difference. They live a nomadic lifestyle still to this day. Their sister population is Kashmiri Gujjars and Van gujjars that travel whole Himalayas. These are the same group that extends to KPK. The Indian ones got isolated post independence since they're not able to meet their kin across border.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nepali Brahmin
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657>Y6
    mtDNA
    M30

Quote Originally Posted by bored View Post
    I've been thinking this whole phenotype stuff is mostly bullshit. Who the hell knows what Khatris or Brahmins or Chamars look like? I certainly don't know.
    Unless, of course, there is an effort using census data for various castes/subcastes and randomly sample each caste/subcaste, then use the samples' photos to average the phenotypes. I'm sure we will see SOME generalized differences across castes, but would be pretty damn difficult to quantify. I was checking those country-level averages of people(not sure if they were sampled properly based on census data) and even many countries' "people" look the same... you have to check with people from a completely different continent to see any meaningful difference:

Differences among individuals is much easier to quantify. Heck, we can even bring back calipers and protractors.
    Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Scaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Global25 Web Runner - Unscaled - Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    To include your G25 coordinates and/or sponsorship support - email: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    LukaszM's Eurogenes K36 PCA: Hidden Content | Hidden Content

7. The Following User Says Thank You to poi For This Useful Post:

misanthropy (01-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    As a NW-N Iranian ancestry-wise, I agree with this completely.

I've remarked several times in private that, to my eyes, members like "bored" would pass in places like southern Iran. Conversely, I've lost count of the number of times I've misidentified various southern Iranians as Pakistani or northern Indian. Likewise, they've (so far) always had difficulty in placing me (their guesses included the Balkans, Turkey, "south Russia" which I assume meant the Caucasus, or Afghanistan).

I remember one very funny time as a student, where I spent the entire day with a senior, who I assumed was Punjabi based on phenotype... I didn't register their name until the end. Turned out he was a Persian from Shiraz (he never asked about my background, but Iranians don't typically think I'm Iranian for some reason*).

Having said that, the intra-national phenotype overlap is certainly stronger (i.e. southern Persians resemble northern Persians and Azeris more than they do anyone else overall). If I were to guess, the southern Iranian-NW S Asian overlap range is in the order of 15-20%.

One comment - Iranians who take umbrage with any perceived cultural or physical overlap with NW S Asians are a minority of the diaspora. Iranians in Iran have either a neutral or positive view of India and the Subcontinent. So, if you're seeing Iranians online dismissing the undeniable ties, take it from me, they're (ironic) vectors for some of the anti-Subcontinental bigotry we're seeing in the West.

* I was seeing an Iranian guy at work several months back and welcomed him to my office in Persian... Hilarious interaction. "Ah, you speak my language!" - "Yes, it's also the language of my mother" - "Wait, you're Iranian?!"
    Personally, I find Iranis to be much more decent, honest and kinder. However, with the anglos having ruled south asia, I'm not at all surprised at the affinities most people feel towards the west(anglo-americana) and not so much towards Iranis, however with Pakistan its somewhat different, especially given the common religion, however I do find something with the Iranis that I can connect with, a lot more than I can with the westerners.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    H-M52
    mtDNA
    M5a

While we're at it, couple of pics of some of my friends and cousins with their friends. You'll find this kind of crowd in Pind, and they all are from diverse biradaris so 1-2 are Chamars in there too, but they blend in.

[

The one with gun is my baby cousin, the farming stuff is rubbing off on him I can see:
    A
    our pind crowd

kam.jpgnat.jpg

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bol_nat For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (01-12-2019),  laltota (01-12-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (01-12-2019),  poi (01-12-2019),  Rahuls77 (01-12-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R1a

Pakistan Azad Kashmir India
    Quote Originally Posted by bol_nat View Post
    our pind crowd

kam.jpgnat.jpg
    Shouldn't this be the Graayeen Crowd?
    Last edited by Rahuls77; 01-13-2019 at 09:57 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rahuls77 For This Useful Post:

bol_nat (01-12-2019),  pegasus (01-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    H-M52
    mtDNA
    M5a

I've encounter very few Khatris like instagramer The Mistri who looks pendu. They have very urban and polish features in comparison to us who are more rugged and raw. Same goes for Brahmins, which makes sense since both communities has been educated for hundred of years, and engaged in trade, record keeping, money lending etc making them wealthier than others. Most of these professions didn't require going out in fields.

It's a stereotype among pendus that Brahmins and Khatris are softer, it probably stems from us working physically intense jobs while they were educated enough to pick up trade or official ranks etc.

Khatris won't stand out in the pics I posted, nor Brahmins, there is actually a Khatri and a Brahmin dude in those pics lol.
    I know about that stereotype from internet, its mostly used as insult and not like you explained it in a nice way.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    H-M52
    mtDNA
    M5a

Quote Originally Posted by Rahuls77 View Post
    Shouldn't this be the Graayeen Crowd?
    Here is me, at work with a colleague
    [ATTACH=CONFACH]
    graayeen?

Page 387 of 403 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387388389397 ... LastLast