Page 1 of 396 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 3958

Thread: চেহারাمنهنचेहराముఖంمخமுகம்چہرہਚਿਹਰਾ

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    517
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

    চেহারাمنهنचेहराముఖంمخமுகம்چہرہਚਿਹਰਾ

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Gujjars have high Iran N ancestry, Patels have high Iran N ancestry. That's why patels get high similarity with gujjars. It's the Iran N. I know you're doing good work but posting pictures for phenotype with nmonte runs is useless. One thing all users on anthrogenica understand is phenotype does not goes with genotype.

    It makes me curious when we talk about looking like Pakistani or Indian. Based on PJL samples we know there are as AASI shifted individuals as Tamils in Pakistan, so it makes me curious what people mean when they say Pakistani looking.

    Almost all Indian/Bengali users on this forum can easily pass in Pakistan, and Pakistani users in India. We're really dividing the subcontinent in meaningless categories, especially now we know in terms of genetics the big change occurs when you hit extreme borders of both countries.
    I mainly get this from non south asian people who say people look "Indian" vs "Pakistani". I don't think they're aware of the diversity present in both countries.

    Even in the states, people identify people as more "North Indian" or "South Indian" based purely on things like skin color, which is ignorant. There's a lot more to it than that, which people don't realize.

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    517
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

    Quote Originally Posted by midichlorian View Post
    Lotta folks think I'm a goofy lookin Gujju Patel. I have high ASI, so look average Indian skin wise, but look phenotypically Pakistani features-wise.
    Curious what exactly is "average Indian skin tone"?

    Average based on what exactly? A picture of people in a city? Village? Bollwood Movie?

  3. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    207
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gujarati Patel
    Y-DNA
    J-L26
    mtDNA
    M2a1a2a

    India United States of America Iran North Korea Cuba
    Quote Originally Posted by 26284729292 View Post
    Curious what exactly is "average Indian skin tone"?

    Average based on what exactly? A picture of people in a city? Village? Bollwood Movie?
    Lotta folks already know what I look like, but I mean in terms of the average in the cline. Not too light, not too dark. I'm beige. Smack dab in the middle.

    Me in Good Lighting.JPG

  4. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    517
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

    Beige is a lot lighter skinned than the average in India if we're looking at the general distribution of people by population, not skin color. Maybe on a color wheel of India, you're in the middle, but if we look at India's entire population (North, South, tribes, etc.) youre definitely quite light skinned.

    Not trying to start anything that mods may/may not take offense too.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 26284729292 For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (07-17-2018),  midichlorian (07-17-2018)

  6. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    517
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

    Quote Originally Posted by passion View Post
    people go by frequency of occurence and associate a phenotype with a nationality , tbh despite of diversity i would say 70% of Pakistanis have similar look regardless of ethnicity.
    Care to post a picture of this "look"?

  7. #6
    Banned
    Posts
    442
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA
    M52A

    Honestly a lot of us here are exaggerating or seeing things exotic/foreign when they're not there just for the sake of seeing something. I'll bring some dose of reality here. Let's call it the Taj Mahal Entry Fee Test, are you gonna be paying the Rs 10 that all SAARC nationalities pay or the Rs 150 that all non-South-Asians pay? Would the Bihari security guard challenge anyone of the Desis on here if we got the Rs 10 ticket to show passport? Trust me, I've visited India with non-Desi friends and gone to the ticket counter solo to buy 2 tickets, and have been embarrassed in public by security for trying to cheat the system and was told "you didn't get foreigner tickets for that person, you don't think we have eyes?" Not even Sapporo would be challenged and he can pass anywhere outside of subcontinent from Iran to Morocco. The rare South Asian that I could see being challenged would be the Kashmiri Muslim dude Majid Khan below:



    I also think it is important when we bring in isolated pictures of individuals whether it is ourselves or others, to really know what we are supposed to be looking at. Best way to hash this out is to see pictures of said individual in relation to others. Let's see how Majid looks in relation to other Kashmiri Muslims:



    ^^^ This pic above might as well be a Muslim village anywhere from east UP to Bangladesh with a white guy thrown in the middle lol. But that, my friends, is even as far northwest as Kashmir, the average complexion and features of the local population. And so yes, if Majid Khan were to go travel 100kms south to visit Agra, he would be challenged to provide documentation as the security would not believe he is Indian or South Asian and as a result he would fail my Taj Mahal Entry Fee Test. Below is another pic of the guy standing next to Indian soldiers, generally drawn from Kashmir itself and/or neighboring north/northwesterly states like Punjab/Himachal/Haryana/Rajasthan etc.

    This guy might legit have like Chechen ancestry or something. I have never met or seen online any pictures of Kashmiri Pandits that have phenotypes like this. Kashmiri Pandit crowds instead look like regular north Indian plains folks


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

     misanthropy (07-18-2018)

  9. #7
    Banned
    Posts
    442
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA
    M52A

    Midi bro you wouldn't stand out among Gujjus. I just spent 2 weeks in Mumbai, first time visiting western India. You wouldn't stand out in that city at all. Besides Pakistan borders Gujarat, sure you'd have no issue "passing" in nearby Sindh and maybe Punjab and Rajasthan although I think I'd associate you from a first glance with Gujarat/Sindh.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

     bmoney (07-17-2018),  midichlorian (07-17-2018)

  11. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    199
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    Honestly a lot of us here are exaggerating or seeing things exotic/foreign when they're not there just for the sake of seeing something. I'll bring some dose of reality here. Let's call it the Taj Mahal Entry Fee Test, are you gonna be paying the Rs 10 that all SAARC nationalities pay or the Rs 150 that all non-South-Asians pay? Would the Bihari security guard challenge anyone of the Desis on here if we got the Rs 10 ticket to show passport? Trust me, I've visited India with non-Desi friends and gone to the ticket counter solo to buy 2 tickets, and have been embarrassed in public by security for trying to cheat the system and was told "you didn't get foreigner tickets for that person, you don't think we have eyes?" Not even Sapporo would be challenged and he can pass anywhere outside of subcontinent from Iran to Morocco. The rare South Asian that I could see being challenged would be the Kashmiri Muslim dude Majid Khan below:



    I also think it is important when we bring in isolated pictures of individuals whether it is ourselves or others, to really know what we are supposed to be looking at. Best way to hash this out is to see pictures of said individual in relation to others. Let's see how Majid looks in relation to other Kashmiri Muslims:



    ^^^ This pic above might as well be a Muslim village anywhere from east UP to Bangladesh with a white guy thrown in the middle lol. But that, my friends, is even as far northwest as Kashmir, the average complexion and features of the local population. And so yes, if Majid Khan were to go travel 100kms south to visit Agra, he would be challenged to provide documentation as the security would not believe he is Indian or South Asian and as a result he would fail my Taj Mahal Entry Fee Test. Below is another pic of the guy standing next to Indian soldiers, generally drawn from Kashmir itself and/or neighboring north/northwesterly states like Punjab/Himachal/Haryana/Rajasthan etc.

    This guy might legit have like Chechen ancestry or something. I have never met or seen online any pictures of Kashmiri Pandits that have phenotypes like this. Kashmiri Pandit crowds instead look like regular north Indian plains folks

    some Kashmiri muslims have ancestry from Gilgit Baltistan.

  12. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    199
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by redifflal View Post
    Midi bro you wouldn't stand out among Gujjus. I just spent 2 weeks in Mumbai, first time visiting western India. You wouldn't stand out in that city at all. Besides Pakistan borders Gujarat, sure you'd have no issue "passing" in nearby Sindh and maybe Punjab and Rajasthan although I think I'd associate you from a first glance with Gujarat/Sindh.
    most if not all South Asians can pass in East Pakistan individually but frequency of occurrence is another debate.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to passion For This Useful Post:

     redifflal (07-17-2018)

  14. #10
    Banned
    Posts
    442
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R2A2 (R-P267)
    mtDNA
    M52A

    Quote Originally Posted by passion View Post
    most if not all South Asians can pass in East Pakistan individually but frequency of occurrence is another debate.
    I think it is pretty accurate to say there is a difference between the Indic Pakistanis and Iranic ones, or basically Punjabis+Sindhis in 1 side and Pashtuns+Balochis on the other. The Urdu speakers would fall in the Punjabi+Sindhi camp.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to redifflal For This Useful Post:

     Mingle (09-02-2018)

Page 1 of 396 1231151101 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-17-2018, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •