Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S/SC ASIAN Results :: MyHeritageDNA

Registered Users
    Nationality
    Portugal, France & Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    You’re always getting Middle Eastern. I always feel upset when I see my results mainly because I was misled. Feelsbadman.
    You should be proud to be "pure" Indian dude!

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    U7b
    mtDNA (P)
    G3a3

Siberian Tatars Tajikistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollybolly View Post
    You should be proud to be "pure" Indian dude!
    Yeah it wouldn't be as bad if I had just known from the start, but I had many reasons to believe otherwise. Sometimes I want to tell my dad the truth about his ancestry.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Deccani Muslim
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-L677
    mtDNA (M)
    M2B

United States of America India Yemen
    I'd still take this calc with a decent sized grain of salt. It doesn't pick up ancestries that repeatedly show up on other calcs for me at least.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misanthropy For This Useful Post:

bmoney (08-10-2018),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-10-2018),  MuslimPatel123 (08-09-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    L1a1/R-L295
    mtDNA (M)
    M30

Yeah it wouldn't be as bad if I had just known from the start, but I had many reasons to believe otherwise. Sometimes I want to tell my dad the truth about his ancestry.
    @Censored, dont take it personally man its not just you

Its very socio-political in nature, all South Asians have some level of identity issues, especially South Asian Muslims for various historical and political reasons

Soon Hindi-belt North Indians will be feeling the identity pain too after Rakhigarhi

Dravidians like me have never known what we are, have no written history lol

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bmoney For This Useful Post:

Censored (08-10-2018),  misanthropy (08-10-2018),  MonkeyDLuffy (12-26-2018),  parasar (08-10-2018),  poi (08-10-2018),  traject (08-10-2018)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    U7b
    mtDNA (P)
    G3a3

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    @Censored, dont take it personally man its not just you

Its very socio-political in nature, all South Asians have some level of identity issues, especially South Asian Muslims for various historical and political reasons

Soon Hindi-belt North Indians will be feeling the identity pain too after Rakhigarhi

Dravidians like me have never known what we are, have no written history lol
    Yeah, I'm well aware of it. I don't want to turn into that "stereotype" of the Indian who thinks they are/wants to be something they're not, but I really felt I had a much stronger justification for believing there was some kind of possible mix in my ancestry than the vast majority of Indians who believe the same thing. I've seen people claiming really bizarre and quite frankly impossible things like Hindus saying they are part Persian or shit like that and thought that if anything, I would be the one having it given my dad's family being Hyderabadi Muslims, and many of his extended family displaying obvious Afghan or west Asian admixture.

But families are really messy, and I guess my dad's own line is just South Indian, even if more distant relatives are mixed with something exotic.

And hey, at least you Hindus know your caste lol. I still have to go through the painstaking process of figuring out what my parents must have been before converting.
    Last edited by Censored; 08-10-2018 at 12:56 AM.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Censored For This Useful Post:

bmoney (08-10-2018),  misanthropy (08-10-2018),  poi (08-10-2018),  Taqi_G (01-31-2019),  traject (08-10-2018)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2

India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    Yeah, I'm well aware of it. I don't want to turn into that "stereotype" of the Indian who thinks they are/wants to be something they're not, but I really felt I had a much stronger justification for believing there was some kind of possible mix in my ancestry than the vast majority of Indians who believe the same thing. I've seen people claiming really bizarre and quite frankly impossible things like Hindus saying they are part Persian or shit like that and thought that if anything, I would be the one having it given my dad's family being Hyderabadi Muslims, and many of his extended family displaying obvious Afghan or west Asian admixture.

But families are really messy, and I guess my dad's own line is just South Indian, even if more distant relatives are mixed with something exotic.

And hey, at least you Hindus know your caste lol. I still have to go through the painstaking process of figuring out what my parents must have been before converting.
    Technically we're part Iranians, ancient Iranians tbh. Iran N is big chunk of our ancestry afterall lol. Yea it's hard for south asian Muslims to find out their real heritage, especially if they converted long time ago. Syed claiming communities get the hardest hits since all of them have family tree connecting to founder of Islam I believe, with rest of records forgotten.

You do show very minor Levant farmer like mix in nmonte, so hey, there is your link. It's very small but it still backs up the family claim of somewhat exotic ancestry.

I've asked a lot of questions about my own paternal side over the years from my relatives. Since I was not told much about it, because of all the moving my grandfather and his family did. I still score like an outlier for a Punjabi Tarkhan based on the samples we've, so hey we all got some mystery mix somewhere.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

26284729292 (08-10-2018),  bmoney (08-10-2018),  Censored (08-10-2018),  misanthropy (08-10-2018),  traject (08-10-2018)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

bmoney (08-10-2018),  Censored (08-10-2018),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-10-2018),  poi (08-10-2018)

Global Moderator
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America
    I'll make this the official thread for myHeritageDNA and make that spreadsheet public. At some point LOL.
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

poi (08-10-2018)

Bronze Class Member
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y6
    mtDNA (M)
    U7b
    mtDNA (P)
    G3a3

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    Technically we're part Iranians, ancient Iranians tbh. Iran N is big chunk of our ancestry afterall lol. Yea it's hard for south asian Muslims to find out their real heritage, especially if they converted long time ago. Syed claiming communities get the hardest hits since all of them have family tree connecting to founder of Islam I believe, with rest of records forgotten.

You do show very minor Levant farmer like mix in nmonte, so hey, there is your link. It's very small but it still backs up the family claim of somewhat exotic ancestry.

I've asked a lot of questions about my own paternal side over the years from my relatives. Since I was not told much about it, because of all the moving my grandfather and his family did. I still score like an outlier for a Punjabi Tarkhan based on the samples we've, so hey we all got some mystery mix somewhere.
    I'd still say Persian is a far cry from any kind of ancient Iranian whether speaking of Iranian N farmers or Indo-Iranians.

Someone did an nMonte run using Saidu Sharif, Paniya, and Velamas and got a fit of 1.6 for me. On top of that I recently tried running nMonte with Iyers and Paniya to see which modern pops could approximate my ancestry closest, and got a fit of 1.45. In both scenarios adding a West Asian pop. only made the fit worse.

I remember at one point you said that it seemed that one side of my family seemed upper caste and the other tribal-like; I am increasingly partial to that theory after everything I have seen so far.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Sikh Ramgarhia
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-Y7 > Y2568*
    mtDNA (M)
    M3a2

India Punjab Canada Sikh Empire Nishan Sahib
    I'd still say Persian is a far cry from any kind of ancient Iranian whether speaking of Iranian N farmers or Indo-Iranians.

Someone did an nMonte run using Saidu Sharif, Paniya, and Velamas and got a fit of 1.6 for me. On top of that I recently tried running nMonte with Iyers and Paniya to see which modern pops could approximate my ancestry closest, and got a fit of 1.45. In both scenarios adding a West Asian pop. only made the fit worse.

I remember at one point you said that it seemed that one side of my family seemed upper caste and the other tribal-like; I am increasingly partial to that theory after everything I have seen so far.
    It's your steppe in comparison to other neighbouring communities that makes me wonder if you've some Brahmin like mix or ancestry from one side. Checking your family members or even Grandparents will solve it.
    Deg Teg Fateh - Victory to Charity and Arms

Punjab, Punjabi, Fateh.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast