Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: S/SC ASIAN Results :: LivingDNA

  1. #11
    Registered Users
    Posts
    298
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    I can’t believe how much near east you got, and how low your Indian subcontinent is. But gedmatch calculators show you as being typical for the region. Now I’m less excited about what results I get, cause it’s probably nowhere close to reliable.
    yeah, why People from same ethnicity/similar region are getting so different results?

  2. #12
    Registered Users
    Posts
    562
    Sex
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-FGC61415 LOL
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

    Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    I canít believe how much near east you got, and how low your Indian subcontinent is. But gedmatch calculators show you as being typical for the region. Now Iím less excited about what results I get, cause itís probably nowhere close to reliable.
    I can understand that. I was trying to compare it with GEDMATCH but this result was also as close to MyHeritage aswell, just percentages are different, obv shouldnt be taken too literally but livingdna and myheritage results is somewhat similar

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber29 For This Useful Post:

     laltota (11-27-2018)

  4. #13
    Registered Users
    Posts
    562
    Sex
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-FGC61415 LOL
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

    Pakistan United Kingdom
    if anyone can tell me how do download the raw data from livingdna and maybe send the gedmatch calculator here too ill edit it into my post with the results.

  5. #14
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,405
    Sex
    Location
    US/ India
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Khatri/J&K/Multan
    Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    U2b

    India United States of America India Punjab Jammu and Kashmir
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    if anyone can tell me how do download the raw data from livingdna and maybe send the gedmatch calculator here too ill edit it into my post with the results.
    http://livingdna.groovehq.com/knowle...et-my-raw-data

  6. #15
    Registered Users
    Posts
    562
    Sex
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-FGC61415 LOL
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

    Pakistan United Kingdom
    All I see is export to CSV no download link .. sigh...maybe because i uploaded it for free this is what I get lol but thanks anyways!

  7. #16
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,405
    Sex
    Location
    US/ India
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi Khatri/J&K/Multan
    Nationality
    India
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    U2b

    India United States of America India Punjab Jammu and Kashmir
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    All I see is export to CSV no download link .. sigh...maybe because i uploaded it for free this is what I get lol but thanks anyways!
    You can't get raw data from a company that didn't map your genome. It can't add any more data than what you gave it. Just use the same file you uploaded to Living DNA. What are you exactly trying to do here?

  8. #17
    Registered Users
    Posts
    562
    Sex
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-FGC61415 LOL
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

    Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by agent_lime View Post
    You can't get raw data from a company that didn't map your genome. It can't add any more data than what you gave it. Just use the same file you uploaded to Living DNA. What are you exactly trying to do here?
    LOL i have my gedmatch from all other companies was just trying to see the possibilities here see if there a difference.... SILLY FOR TRYING LOL but maybe i just might take a LIVING DNA on the next sale.

  9. #18
    Registered Users
    Posts
    3,329
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

    Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    LOL i have my gedmatch from all other companies was just trying to see the possibilities here see if there a difference.... SILLY FOR TRYING LOL but maybe i just might take a LIVING DNA on the next sale.
    I'm trying to follow this, so correct me if I'm wrong:

    You transferred a file from another company to LivingDNA for a free ethnicity report? And that is what you posted from Living DNA?
    Export to CSV should be a data file of some sort. However, it will likely just be a rearragement of the data file you submitted to Living DNA in the first place.
    So the question is, from which company did you upload your data to Living DNA. That will help to understand why your results are as they are.

    If you have 23andme V5, that is fairly comparable to LivingDNA and I would say that you don't need to purchase a LivingDNA kit when it's on sale, as the results would probably be similar.
    If you uploaded from FTDNA, 23andme V4, MyHeritage, or AncestryDNA -- the results are probably going to be markedly different.
    Last edited by khanabadoshi; 11-23-2018 at 07:22 PM.
    ďChahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- GoristanĒ.

    Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.




  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

     agent_lime (11-23-2018),  Jatt1 (11-24-2018),  Sapporo (11-24-2018)

  11. #19
    Registered Users
    Posts
    562
    Sex
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Ethnicity
    Pakistani - Chakwal
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2-FGC61415
    mtDNA (M)
    W1c
    Y-DNA (M)
    R2-FGC61415 LOL
    mtDNA (P)
    M5a2a1a1

    Pakistan United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by khanabadoshi View Post
    I'm trying to follow this, so correct me if I'm wrong:

    You transferred a file from another company to LivingDNA for a free ethnicity report? And that is what you posted from Living DNA?
    Export to CSV should be a data file of some sort. However, it will likely just be a rearragement of the data file you submitted to Living DNA in the first place.
    So the question is, from which company did you upload your data to Living DNA. That will help to understand why your results are as they are.

    If you have 23andme V5, that is fairly comparable to LivingDNA and I would say that you don't need to purchase a LivingDNA kit when it's on sale, as the results would probably be similar.
    If you uploaded from FTDNA, 23andme V4, MyHeritage, or AncestryDNA -- the results are probably going to be markedly different.
    because ive uploaded a few test on LIVING DNA the the last one showed up i am assuming is 23ANDME test. I am still waiting on the other two if they pop up. It was a stupid of me to do.... overworking it.....

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber29 For This Useful Post:

     khanabadoshi (11-23-2018)

  13. #20
    Registered Users
    Posts
    289
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Chauhan
    Y-DNA (P)
    R2a2b1b
    mtDNA (M)
    U7a

    Pakistan United States of America Azad Kashmir Jammu and Kashmir
    I am still waiting for my results ...
    Kashmir

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to noman For This Useful Post:

     laltota (11-24-2018)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-04-2018, 05:42 PM
  2. LivingDNA - African results
    By Hurricane in forum Living DNA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-10-2018, 01:01 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-06-2017, 08:04 PM
  4. Post your LivingDNA upload results
    By SWAHILLI_PRINCE16 in forum Living DNA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-31-2017, 01:55 AM
  5. LivingDNA Results
    By Stephen1986 in forum Living DNA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2017, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •