Balkan Turk, Pomak
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-F15008
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a1

Any information about Q-L54?

What do you think about it? Morleydna shows Q-L54 (i don't have M3 Amerindian SNP, so probably my subclade L330 but not sure.) i don't have enough knowledge about it.

My paternal side from Bulgaria, all comments will welcome.

Registered Users
    Sex

Have you received a negative result for L804 or any phylogenetically equivalent Y-SNP?

Q-L804 is a subclade of Q-L54 that has been found mostly among modern Germanic peoples. Its estimated TMRCA is not very ancient: only 3,200 [95% CI 2,600 <-> 3,800] ybp according to the YFull Haplogroup YTree v6.04.119, so it is most likely even younger than the famously bottlenecked I1-M253 (TMRCA 4,600 [95% CI 4,100 <-> 5,000] ybp), which is another haplogroup noted for its presence among Germanic peoples.

According to the YFull tree, Q-L804 is the nearest outgroup to indigenous American Q-M3, being even more closely related to Q-M3 than either Q-L804 or Q-M3 is related to the Y-DNA of the Anzick-1 specimen discovered in the state of Montana and associated with the archaeological Clovis culture.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

Kaspias (08-31-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turk, Pomak
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-F15008
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a1

I can't share links or images because i don't have enough post, but you can check this. Please delete blanks.

h t t p s : / /cdn.pbrd. c o/images/HBLkZDe . p n g

I only get negative result for M3. I get positive result for L54, other subclades still uncertain. But i thought my subclade is L330 because i have about 8% Siberia in Gedmatch. Possibly tatar roots, eh i don't know..

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspias View Post
    I can't share links or images because i don't have enough post, but you can check this. Please delete blanks.

h t t p s : / /cdn.pbrd. c o/images/HBLkZDe . p n g

I only get negative result for M3. I get positive result for L54, other subclades still uncertain. But i thought my subclade is L330 because i have about 8% Siberia in Gedmatch. Possibly tatar roots, eh i don't know..
    According to the image to which you have linked and what you have written in your posts in this thread, it appears that you belong to Q-L54(xM3), but there is no data that would allow one to distinguish whether your Y-DNA belongs to Q-L804 or to Q-L330.

Considering your known paternal ancestry from Bulgaria, I do think that Q-L330 is more likely in your case, but it might be interesting to test L804 and L330 or at least one SNP equivalent to each of those.

Q-L330 is currently common among indigenous peoples in western Siberia (Ket, Selkup, Enets, Siberian Tatar, Khanty, etc.), but it seems to be found with varying frequency among people all over the Eurasian steppe and immediately neighboring areas, including western/northern Mongolia, southern Altai, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, western Russia, and Hungary.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

Kaspias (08-31-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turk, Pomak
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-F15008
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    According to the image to which you have linked and what you have written in your posts in this thread, it appears that you belong to Q-L54(xM3), but there is no data that would allow one to distinguish whether your Y-DNA belongs to Q-L804 or to Q-L330.

Considering your known paternal ancestry from Bulgaria, I do think that Q-L330 is more likely in your case, but it might be interesting to test L804 and L330 or at least one SNP equivalent to each of those.

Q-L330 is currently common among indigenous peoples in western Siberia (Ket, Selkup, Enets, Siberian Tatar, Khanty, etc.), but it seems to be found with varying frequency among people all over the Eurasian steppe and immediately neighboring areas, including western/northern Mongolia, southern Altai, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, western Russia, and Hungary.
    Thank you! So, i have only 2 option right? L330 or L804. Is there any other chance to get another subclade?
    Last edited by Kaspias; 08-31-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex

So, i have only 2 option right? L330 or L804. Is there any other chance to get another subclade?
    On the grounds of the data that you have shared with the forum, one cannot deny the possibility that you might belong to Q-Z780 or a heretofore unattested (at least on the YFull tree) subclade of Q-L54(xM3), but the probability of that is quite low. You most likely belong either to Q-L330 (this is the most likely in my opinion, and would point toward Siberia at some time less than 9,000 years before present for your deep patrilineal ancestry) or to Q-L804 (this would point toward patrilineal ancestry most likely somewhere in Northern Europe at some time less than 3,800 years before present). Either way, if you test both L330 and L804 (or at least one SNP equivalent to each of those SNPs), then you should be able to determine whether you belong to Q-L330, Q-L804, or Q-L54(xL330, L804, M3).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebizur For This Useful Post:

Kaspias (09-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z2103
    mtDNA (P)
    HV-T16311C!

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty
    Are you ethnic Turk Bulgarian or just Bulgarian, and which region are you from?
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of Godís servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Balkan Turk, Pomak
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-F15008
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a
    mtDNA (P)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by Ebizur View Post
    On the grounds of the data that you have shared with the forum, one cannot deny the possibility that you might belong to Q-Z780 or a heretofore unattested (at least on the YFull tree) subclade of Q-L54(xM3), but the probability of that is quite low. You most likely belong either to Q-L330 (this is the most likely in my opinion, and would point toward Siberia at some time less than 9,000 years before present for your deep patrilineal ancestry) or to Q-L804 (this would point toward patrilineal ancestry most likely somewhere in Northern Europe at some time less than 3,800 years before present). Either way, if you test both L330 and L804 (or at least one SNP equivalent to each of those SNPs), then you should be able to determine whether you belong to Q-L330, Q-L804, or Q-L54(xL330, L804, M3).
    How can i test that SNP? I think that is not possible without take a FTDNA Y-Test. Also thank you for information!

Quote Originally Posted by Afshar View Post
    Are you ethnic Turk Bulgarian or just Bulgarian, and which region are you from?
    I'm ethnic Pomak. All of my ancestors were living on Rhodope Mountains and Smolyan. But my paternal side came from Northern Bulgaria, Dobrich. I'm not sure about his ethnicity, he passed away 15 years ago. As i said i suspected from Tatar roots.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaspias For This Useful Post:

Afshar (09-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

How can i test that SNP? I think that is not possible without take a FTDNA Y-Test. Also thank you for information!
    YSEQ have a Q orientation panel as well as L53 (inc L54) panel

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.ph...ducts_id=46027

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.ph...ducts_id=45473

Any SNP on one of the panels can also be ordered on its own for USD18 (much cheaper than ftdna).
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

Шад (09-15-2019),  Afshar (09-01-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gafasigirig
    Nationality
    Icecold
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q-Y16849
    mtDNA (M)
    H14a
    Y-DNA (M)
    R-Z2103
    mtDNA (P)
    HV-T16311C!

Turkey Afsharid Dynasty

I'm ethnic Pomak. All of my ancestors were living on Rhodope Mountains and Smolyan. But my paternal side came from Northern Bulgaria, Dobrich. I'm not sure about his ethnicity, he passed away 15 years ago. As i said i suspected from Tatar roots.
    Q among ethnic Bulgarians is low and seems to be concentrated in some regions. If you are not willing to spend a lot of money I would also recommend Yseq, which is much faster and cheaper than ftdna.
    Of all the countries, this is possibly the most beautiful. All that is beautiful and can be rarely seen in
    other countries can be seen everywhere here... Here live the people who wear the cleanest clothes and prepare the
    most flavorful dishes... Of all of Godís servants, the local people are the most compassionate and merciful...

Ibn Battuta about Asia Minor 1333CE

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Afshar For This Useful Post:

Kaspias (09-01-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast