Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Poland Poland Pomerania European Union
    Volat, in one sentence you claim "Belarusians and Ukrainians can be Roman Catholics too, not all of those Roman Catholics were Poles!".

In another sentence you claim "closing Orthodox churches and opening Roman Catholic churches was Polonization and discrimination!".

Please make up your mind, because both sentences cannot be 100% true! Either you equate Catholicization with Polonization, or not!

And as I explained, it was mostly Re-Catholicization of churches which had been previously De-Catholicized by Russia after 1795. Sure, there were also examples when a church had been Greek Catholic until 1795, Orthodox in the 1800s, and Roman Catholic in the 1930s.
    Last edited by Tomenable; 09-20-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Also most Ukrainians I know claim they have some Polish ancestor(s) or relative(s) but then deny that Poles were so numerous in Ukraine. Belarusians do the same, they claim they have a Polish great-grandparent but then deny that Poles were ever a significant minority.

Weird contradictions.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

I know Volat from another forum. If I recall correctly, on Historum he used to claim that his wife is Polish, but then that she is not really Polish because Poles in Belarus are fake Poles. Make up your mind! What would your wife think about your anti-Polish posts?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-Z2552
    mtDNA (M)
    W6a

Data from Eastern Galicia:

http://www.historycy.org/index.php?showtopic=55846

Ukrainian estimates (by Kubijovyč)*:

Ukrainians - 64.3%
    Poles - 25.1%
    Jews - 9.8%
    Germans etc. - 0.8%

Polish official data (1921 census):

Greek Catholic & Orthodox - 62.5%
    Roman Catholic - 25.9%
    Jews - 11%
    Protestants - 0.6%

*Kubijovyč Vladimķr, "Ethnic groups of the South - Western Ukraine (Halycyna - Galicja) 1.1.1939. National Statistics of Halycyna-Galicja".

Alternatively: Kubijovyč Vladimķr, "Етнiчнi грyпи пiвдeннoзaxiдньoї Укpaїни (Гaличини) нa 1.1.1939", Wiesbaden 1983.

=====

Kubijovyč was Ukrainian nationalist and Nazi collaborator (cooperated with Hans Frank) who promoted expulsion of Poles from Lublin Land:

Autor był ukraińskim nacjonalistą, w czasie wojny blisko współpracowal z Hansem Frankiem i postulował między innymi wysiedlenie Polaków z Lubelszczyzny. Aby wykazac słabość Polaków i dominację Ukraińców podzielił Polaków na Polaków właściwych, tzw. łacinników i tzw. polskich kolonistów.
    ^^^ That's why he didivded Poles into three groups and marked them with 3 different colours in his maps, while grouping Ukrainians and Rusyns as one. Nevertheless, he arrived at similar numbers as the Polish 1921 census, as long as we assume that only Roman Catholics were Poles.
    Last edited by Tomenable; 09-21-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123