Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Y13432

France
    Quote Originally Posted by Helgenes50 View Post
    Not at all, It is very easy to find 100% French individuals, but not among those you mention. In this case, we are talking about two very different worlds. But the latter show the example. French also has a particularity, that of not loving each other. Perhaps because France since the revolution is more of an ideology before being a country with real roots. Before being Breton, Norman ... you must be a citizen of the republic ... a real steamroller that destroys all identities.
    Agreed, if you go outside big cities, in smaller villages, most people are very local, but in the show business world and politic, it's another story.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jstephan For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-28-2020),  Helgenes50 (10-28-2020),  jadegreg (10-28-2020),  Johnny ola (10-28-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    SGC+TRB Creool
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephan View Post
    Agreed, if you go outside big cities, in smaller villages, most people are very local, but in the show business world and politic, it's another story.
    But this is also changing, since the birth of the nation state, industrialization, the development of a service economy, people have been more (social) mobile.
    That's not for all. people at stake (I know that). But still the genetic substructures are fading away, almost congruent the local dialects.

Nice example is my family. My grandparents of both sides were cotters. They married partners from the next village, a few kilometers away. My parents were from neighboring province/counties, 25 kilometers away. My first partner came from about 100 kilometer away. And my nowadays wife is born in Northern France (French/Dutch parents) 375 kilometers away from here.

So the genetic substructures were very much recognizable along my grandparents.....but my last child is really a mixture (with even a little touch of Paraguay indigenous blood) so not to pinpoint to a substructure!

Nevertheless there are lots who didn't make to educational jump. So the substructures are still there but eroding!
    Last edited by Finn; 10-28-2020 at 04:44 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-28-2020),  JMcB (10-28-2020),  Johnny ola (10-28-2020),  jstephan (10-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Y13432

France
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    But this is also changing, since the birth of the nation state, industrialization, the development of a service economy, people have been more (social) mobile.
    That's not for all. people at stake (I know that). But still the genetic substructures are fading away, almost congruent the local dialects.

Nice example is my family. My grandparents of both sides were cotters. They married partners from the next village, a few kilometers away. My parents were from neighboring province/counties, 25 kilometers away. My first partner came from about 100 kilometer away. And my nowadays wife is born in Northern France (French/Dutch parents) 375 kilometers away from here.

So the genetic substructures were very much recognizable along my grandparents.....but my last child is really a mixture (with even a little touch of Paraguay indigenous blood) so not to pinpoint to a substructure!

Nevertheless there are lots who didn't make to educational jump. So the substructures are still there but eroding!
    And you are far from being an isolated case, it's becoming a common pattern all over the globe for the new generations. In France it's not uncommon to see family trees that didn't move away from a tiny little village for centuries, I suppose it was also the same in Netherlands.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jstephan For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-28-2020),  Finn (10-28-2020),  JMcB (10-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

'Paraguay indigenous blood'....Hows that?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-28-2020),  Finn (10-28-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    SGC+TRB Creool
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by jstephan View Post
    And you are far from being an isolated case, it's becoming a common pattern all over the globe for the new generations. In France it's not uncommon to see family trees that didn't move away from a tiny little village for centuries, I suppose it was also the same in Netherlands.
    Yes nevertheless I guess the Netherlands are more differentiated than many people think ( in terms of members the Scandic like Finns to the French like Kellebell

Nevertheless the Netherlands have not the scale of France, France has real remote rural area's/ villages....the Netherlands are too dense for that.
    Last edited by Finn; 10-28-2020 at 05:20 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (10-28-2020),  JMcB (10-28-2020),  jstephan (10-28-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    SGC+TRB Creool
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    'Paraguay indigenous blood'....Hows that?
    My father in law is from a family that came around 1900 from Paraguay to if I'm well Le Havre, his grandmother was mestice.
    His father married a (French) Flandres wife.

Here you can see the 'drop' Indigenous American blood in my wives sample in 'my origins':
    Last edited by Finn; 10-28-2020 at 05:34 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

Aroon1916 (10-28-2020),  JMcB (10-28-2020),  Johnny ola (10-28-2020),  jstephan (10-28-2020),  sktibo (10-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Y13432

France
    Yes nevertheless I guess the Netherlands are more differentiated than many people think ( in terms of members the Scandic like Finns to the French like Kellebell

Nevertheless the Netherlands have not the scale of France, France has real remote rural area's/ villages....the Netherlands are too dense for that.
    This was one of my biggest surprise when coming on this forum, I always expected the Netherlands to be one of the most homogeneous country in Europe for some reason, kind of the Germanic core, now I realize we all (western Europeans) have some roots in your county through ancient beakers, it's fascinating.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jstephan For This Useful Post:

Finn (10-28-2020),  Ruderico (10-28-2020),  sktibo (10-28-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    G2a2b1 M406> FGC5081

My father in law is from a family that came around 1900 from Paraguay to if I'm well Le Havre, his grandmother was mestice.
    His father married a (French) Flandres wife.

Here you can see the 'drop' Indigenous American blood in my wives sample in 'my origins':

Make him a footballer

Its a good combination Dutch-French-Paraguay

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny ola For This Useful Post:

jstephan (10-28-2020)

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    SGC+TRB Creool
    Nationality
    NL
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V22

Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny ola View Post
    Make him a footballer

Its a good combination Dutch-French-Paraguay
    It's her, but I guess the last years the Dutch woman played better than the Dutch man

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Finn For This Useful Post:

Johnny ola (10-28-2020)

Page 170 of 170 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170