Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I1 Z140+ A21912+
    mtDNA
    V

Wales England Cornwall Scotland Ireland Normandie

Ireland's Book of Durrow to join Beowulf and Bede

The British Library has just announced that the Book of Durrow will be on loan from Dublin for their forthcoming Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms exhibition (Oct 19 to Feb 19, London) that will also include the Lindisfarne Gospels, Beowulf, Bede's Ecclesiastical History and the Domesday Book among 180 or so truly priceless treasures. I'm dragging my lot there in November. Awesome.

"Our forthcoming exhibition will be the first opportunity to see the Book of Durrow in Britain since it was displayed at the Royal Academy in the ‘Treasures of Trinity College Dublin’ exhibition in 1961. The only loan to that exhibition was the Lindisfarne Gospels. Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms will be the first occasion on which the two manuscripts have been exhibited together for nearly 60 years."

http://blogs.bl.uk/digitisedmanuscri...h-library.html
    Living DNA Cautious mode:
    South Wales Border-related ancestry: 86.8%
    Cornwall: 8%
    Cumbria-related ancestry: 5.2%
    Y line: Peak District, England. Big Y match: Scania, Sweden; TMRCA 1,280 ybp (YFull);
    mtDNA: traces to Glamorgan, Wales, 18th century. Mother's Y line (Wales): R-L21 L371

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JonikW For This Useful Post:

glentane (09-20-2018),  JMcB (09-29-2018),  MacUalraig (10-19-2018),  MikeWhalen (10-19-2018),  spruithean (09-22-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA
    H5r*

This is reported in several papers today eg

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...xon-exhibition

This sounds like a must see exhibit albeit wrong end of the country for me.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    GEDMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA), 9427684 (GEDCOM) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

JonikW (10-19-2018),  MikeWhalen (10-19-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Isles Celto-Germanic
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    I1 Z140+ A21912+
    mtDNA
    V

Wales England Cornwall Scotland Ireland Normandie
    This is just to say this exhibition exceeded my expectations. It runs until February 19 so people may still be able to book a slot. Here's a tip: the first room was completely crowded when we entered so I returned to it later. There is a staircase at the end that takes you back to the start, so we went for a quicker second run through when the first rooms were almost empty. We spent two hours there, which was enough time to see everything properly. No photography is allowed but there are plenty of good souvenirs on sale in the shop.
    Living DNA Cautious mode:
    South Wales Border-related ancestry: 86.8%
    Cornwall: 8%
    Cumbria-related ancestry: 5.2%
    Y line: Peak District, England. Big Y match: Scania, Sweden; TMRCA 1,280 ybp (YFull);
    mtDNA: traces to Glamorgan, Wales, 18th century. Mother's Y line (Wales): R-L21 L371

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JonikW For This Useful Post:

Ruderico (11-15-2018)