Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Late Gupta era admixture in Western India

Bronze Class Member
    Sex

Turkmenistan Suriname South Africa Costa Rica Norway Australia
    Okay so I wanted to test this myself so I used the unscaled runner to try to see if it made any sense. I used an assortment of AG users including Punjabi ones as well as South Indian descendants like myself and I set the settings to make my results on them most similar to what I got in terms of scores and fits to what he posted here. I added as many of the groups here as I possible could but there's too many+some aren't available. These results are crude af but they're the best I could come up with atm. But anyway, when he says I look like a mix of Andhra and Punjab I see what he means. Look at Kumyk scores: outside of the NW region, only me and Misanthropy got it in a notable quantity. None of these other guys did.

tipernini.jpg

tipernini2.jpg

I also got some Mari.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Censored For This Useful Post:

26284729292 (10-03-2018),  misanthropy (10-04-2018),  poi (10-03-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India Andhra Kamma Telugu
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

United States of America India
    Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    Thanks. Where do you see Punjab mix?
    Kumyk is matching only Khatri & Punjabi_Ramgarhia

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

Quote Originally Posted by 26284729292 View Post
    Kshatriya maybe? Are these the UP ones? The fits are a bit odd in that I score lower kshatriya to midi, even though they are among my closest matches in most gedmatch calcs, even closer than iyers/tambrams in some cases, and they have more steppe/lower AASI than midi. He scores like a north shifted velama (like many patels) and they only make up 20% of his fit.
    Those 3 Kshatriya are not in a tight cluster. You are close to 1 & Midi is close to another. You have this TurkishAydin match which is matching more Euro/Med part of yours. So you are scoring lesser Kshatriya. The Kshatriya samples have higher Shahr-i-Sokhte 3 so you are matching less of them Vs. samples with more similar Euro/Med parts

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

I would assume so. Checking the fits on nMonte they seem to be closest to Iyers and West Bengal Bramins, so they're probably not from further west than UP. And I guess it comes down to how the program is designed-presumably its main objective is to give you the best fit possible regardless of how close the groups in question are to you. Sometimes that means including random irrelevant Uralic groups and Middle Easterns which will displace the rest of your scores, including from those groups to whom you are actually closely related. Also, it's unscaled.
    The number of Kshatriya samples are only 3 & not close enough. So unless your have Kshatriya like admix similar to high SIS3 & Scythian_AldyBel & SIntasta you won't score real high. if you have higher SIS3 with local tribal admix you will get more of Maratha score than Kshatriya

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tipirneni For This Useful Post:

bmoney (10-04-2018),  poi (10-03-2018)

Registered Users
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post
    Those 3 Kshatriya are not in a tight cluster. You are close to 1 & Midi is close to another. You have this TurkishAydin match which is matching more Euro/Med part of yours. So you are scoring lesser Kshatriya. The Kshatriya samples have higher Shahr-i-Sokhte 3 so you are matching less of them Vs. samples with more similar Euro/Med parts
    Can you circle them on your PCA? I'm curious to see...

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

Quote Originally Posted by 26284729292 View Post
    Can you circle them on your PCA? I'm curious to see...

Yellow cluster is me & midi in Gujarati close to 2 Kshatriya
    Orange circle is yours close to 1 Kshatriya

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tipirneni For This Useful Post:

26284729292 (10-03-2018),  bmoney (10-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

Okay so I wanted to test this myself so I used the unscaled runner to try to see if it made any sense. I used an assortment of AG users including Punjabi ones as well as South Indian descendants like myself and I set the settings to make my results on them most similar to what I got in terms of scores and fits to what he posted here. I added as many of the groups here as I possible could but there's too many+some aren't available. These results are crude af but they're the best I could come up with atm. But anyway, when he says I look like a mix of Andhra and Punjab I see what he means. Look at Kumyk scores: outside of the NW region, only me and Misanthropy got it in a notable quantity. None of these other guys did.

tipernini.jpg

tipernini2.jpg

I also got some Mari.
    You have to add 1 sintashta rich population so that Brahmins don't add more Kshatriya

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

Quote Originally Posted by tipirneni View Post

Yellow cluster is me & midi in Gujarati close to 2 Kshatriya
    Orange circle is yours close to 1 Kshatriya
    On PCA components 1/2, you are close to bmoney with Iyers cluster. Me & Midi are above in Guj cluster. Kshatriya are in different cluster
    nMonte3 current
    Velamas Gujarati_D Muslim_UP Tharus Punjabi_1000genomes
    1.859005 3.210341 4.491247 4.998440 6.040323

G25 Ancients Dist 0.99 Shahr_I_Sokhta_BA3:S8728.E1.L1 65.2 Saidu_Sharif_IA_o:S7722.E1.L1 17.8 Udegram_IA:I1985 7.8 Jordanian:S_Jordanian-1 4.4 Barikot_IA:I6545 2.2 Scotland_N:I26602 Narva_Lithuania: Donkalnis6

mtDNA mutation 309.1C 315.1C 522.1A 522.2C G8572A G8860A T11368C T16093a T16154C C16519T
    C195T

Bronze Class Member
    Sex

Turkmenistan Suriname South Africa Costa Rica Norway Australia
    What’s cool is that bmoney was saying that some S. Indians maintained a continuity with the northwest region via IVC descent, which is why sometimes they end up looking like they’re from that area. Well if this is any indication then I too have maintained the ancient connection to that Indus civilization. What do you guys think about that?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Censored For This Useful Post:

tipirneni (10-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Nationality
    US
    Y-DNA
    HM82 Z5888+CTS8144+
    mtDNA
    U2a1a

What’s cool is that bmoney was saying that some S. Indians maintained a continuity with the northwest region via IVC descent, which is why sometimes they end up looking like they’re from that area. Well if this is any indication then I too have maintained the ancient connection to that Indus civilization. What do you guys think about that?
    Looks like based on numbers.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast