Thread: H1 Haplogroup - Queen Victoria Lineage - Magdelanian?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    E-CTS1273
    mtDNA
    H1

United States of America

H1 Haplogroup - Queen Victoria Lineage - Magdelanian?

Haplogroup H1 is a very interesting one to look at. While the H haplo is supposed to be the most common mTdna, I have not found that to be the case in my mitochondrial matches. I am test number 443252 if you are wanting to have a look at FTdna.

If I look at the closest match level (HVR1, HVR2, and coding regions), then I only have a single match. If I look at the broadest match level (HVR1), then I only have three matches. I would have expected more matches, when looking at the number of mT tests done worldwide.

It's said that this DNA was part of the Magdelanian expansion. Is it possible that this is a Magdelanian blood line? That hypothetical lineage would make sense when referenced with our current British ruling family. It is the National Geographic genius match that raises this intriguing question.

The only matched bloodline in the first tab of genius match is to my maternal side. This match notates a common ancestor between present time and 12 thousand years ago. This leaves the possibility open, that it could be a very recent match. This maternal match shows that we have a common ancestor with Queen Victoria in recent times. Is it possible that the H1 haplogroup is Magdelanian? That would show why the women are the ones with the ruling power.

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA
    H

Ukraine
    Do you have only 3 matches at HVR1 ? I have more than 5000. But I am just H.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    mixed European
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    Dad: R1b/L21/DF63
    mtDNA
    K2b2

It's worth looking at the HVR1 level too, if the matches haven't tested further. HVR1 and HVR2 are supposed to mutate more than the coding region, and so far my own HVR1 matches seem like they would likely be full matches if they tested (all the HVR1s who tested HVR2 are matches there, and the few -- only two -- who tested coding region are matches there. One is 1 GD and one is 0, but the 1 GD match is also a family finder match, which could be a coincidence but I doubt it since my mtDNA is pretty rare.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    E-CTS1273
    mtDNA
    H1

United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Geborgenheit View Post
    Do you have only 3 matches at HVR1 ? I have more than 5000. But I am just H.
    Yes, only 3 matches at HVR1 (the broadest search). I always thought that was odd, considering how prevalent H was supposed to be.