Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 675

Thread: Post HarappaWorld results

  1. #661
    Bronze Class Member
    Posts
    1,767
    Sex
    Location
    Krasnoyarsk
    Ethnicity
    Munda

    Turkmenistan Suriname South Africa Costa Rica Norway Australia
    Are there any samples from upper castes in MP?

  2. #662
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex

    Gujurati Kutchi Leva patel here

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 S-Indian 51.87
    2 Baloch 39.1
    3 Caucasian 2.55
    4 NE-Euro 2
    5 Mediterranean 1.78
    6 NE-Asian 1.02
    7 American 0.96
    8 Beringian 0.52
    9 Papuan 0.21

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 gujarati-a (1000genomes) 3.2
    2 gujarati-a (hapmap) 3.97
    3 singapore-indian-b (sgvp) 4.25
    4 ap-reddy (harappa) 4.39
    5 gujarati-patel (harappa) 4.45
    6 kerala-nair (harappa) 4.58
    7 ap-brahmin (xing) 5.6
    8 velama (metspalu) 5.63
    9 iyer-brahmin (harappa) 5.65
    10 dharkar (metspalu) 5.71
    11 karnataka (harappa) 5.8
    12 tharu (metspalu) 5.86
    13 iyengar-brahmin (harappa) 5.99
    14 tn-brahmin (xing) 6.14
    15 rajasthani (harappa) 6.16
    16 velama (reich) 6.18
    17 brahmin-tamil-nadu (metspalu) 6.56
    18 up-muslim (metspalu) 6.78
    19 gujarati (harappa) 6.86
    20 kanjar (metspalu) 6.88


    Can anyone explain the south indian castes and the south indian brahmin...is that noise?

    Interestingly enough my mother has over 41% baloch dna

    And im more related to AP-reddy than what i presume are southern gujurati patels(maybe kadva patels?)

    And anyone know what singapore-indian-b is?

    And what do the distance numbers mean,is it a logarithmic increase?

  3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rich91 For This Useful Post:

     26284729292 (06-16-2019),  aaronbee2010 (06-15-2019),  agent_lime (06-16-2019),  Amber29 (06-15-2019),  bmoney (06-17-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (06-15-2019),  Kulin (06-15-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019),  Reza (06-15-2019),  Rustyshakelford (06-16-2019),  Sapporo (06-15-2019),  tipirneni (Yesterday)

  4. #663
    Moderator
    Posts
    594
    Sex
    Location
    UK
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L657
    mtDNA
    M4b1

    Welcome to the forum. Could you post your mother's results too?

    Some of our more knowledgeable members will chip in soon I'm sure, but your harappaworld results look similar to other Gujarati patels I think.
    Paternal; Y-DNA: R1a-L657> Y6> Y11> Y920*
    Paternal; mtDNA: M5b'c
    Maternal; Y-DNA: R1a-L657> Y6
    Maternal; mtDNA: M4b1

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reza For This Useful Post:

     Amber29 (06-15-2019),  bmoney (06-17-2019),  DMXX (06-16-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019)

  6. #664
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex

    Mothers results

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 S-Indian 51.28
    2 Baloch 40.11
    3 NE-Euro 3.08
    4 Caucasian 2.1
    5 NE-Asian 1.33
    6 American 1.15
    7 Mediterranean 0.65
    8 Papuan 0.13
    9 Beringian 0.11
    10 W-African 0.06

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 gujarati-a (1000genomes) 3.44
    2 gujarati-a (hapmap) 3.93
    3 kerala-nair (harappa) 4.21
    4 singapore-indian-b (sgvp) 4.65
    5 gujarati-patel (harappa) 4.99
    6 ap-reddy (harappa) 5.38
    7 iyer-brahmin (harappa) 5.46
    8 ap-brahmin (xing) 5.53
    9 iyengar-brahmin (harappa) 5.71
    10 tn-brahmin (xing) 6.01
    11 gujarati (harappa) 6.27
    12 brahmin-tamil-nadu (metspalu) 6.3
    13 rajasthani (harappa) 6.36
    14 dharkar (metspalu) 6.36
    15 tharu (metspalu) 6.71
    16 velama (metspalu) 6.72
    17 karnataka (harappa) 7.03
    18 meghawal (reich) 7.26
    19 velama (reich) 7.31
    20 maharashtrian (harappa) 7.43

    Mixed Mode Population Sharing:

    # Primary Population (source) Secondary Population (source) Distance
    1 62.4% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 37.6% gujarati (harappa) @ 1.39
    2 62.6% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 37.4% brahmin-tamil-nadu (metspalu) @ 1.44
    3 66.2% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 33.8% gujarati (harappa) @ 1.49
    4 59.1% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 40.9% iyer-brahmin (harappa) @ 1.52
    5 66.7% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 33.3% maharashtrian (harappa) @ 1.53
    6 52% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 48% kerala-nair (harappa) @ 1.6
    7 68.2% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 31.8% karnataka-brahmin (harappa) @ 1.61
    8 61.8% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 38.2% tn-brahmin (xing) @ 1.63
    9 75.9% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 24.1% bihari-muslim (harappa) @ 1.63
    10 56.2% gujarati-patel (harappa) + 43.8% gujarati (harappa) @ 1.63
    11 80.2% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 19.8% brahmin-uttar-pradesh (metspalu) @ 1.66
    12 94.7% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 5.3% nogai (yunusbayev) @ 1.68
    13 66.9% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 33.1% brahmin-tamil-nadu (metspalu) @ 1.7
    14 73.1% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 26.9% up-kshatriya (metspalu) @ 1.72
    15 66.6% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 33.4% meghawal (reich) @ 1.72
    16 60.7% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 39.3% iyengar-brahmin (harappa) @ 1.74
    17 63.6% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 36.4% iyer-brahmin (harappa) @ 1.75
    18 72.5% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 27.5% gujarati-b (hapmap) @ 1.76
    19 63.5% gujarati-a (hapmap) + 36.5% rajasthani (harappa) @ 1.77
    20 86.3% gujarati-a (1000genomes) + 13.7% nepalese-a (xing) @ 1.77




    And my Maternal Haplogroup is Just R....Is that inaccurate and should it be something like r1a etc?

    thanks for your help guys
    Last edited by rich91; 06-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.

  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rich91 For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (06-15-2019),  bmoney (06-17-2019),  client (06-15-2019),  Kulin (06-15-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019),  Sapporo (06-16-2019)

  8. #665
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    766
    Sex
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Ethnicity
    Indian - Punjabi Jatt
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R2-Y1383*/R1b-Z2109
    mtDNA
    U7a3a12/M5a-a2

    England United Kingdom India India Punjab
    Quote Originally Posted by rich91 View Post
    And my Maternal Haplogroup is Just R....Is that inaccurate and should it be something like r1a etc?

    thanks for your help guys
    What company did you receive your paternal result from?

    Yes, it is inaccurate. R is split into R1 and R2, with R1 being split into R1a and R1b.

    All of these groups have distinct different histories and distributions in India, with R2 being especially distant from R1. It's therefore important that you need to identify which group (R1a, R1b or R2) you come under if you want a better understanding of how your paternal line entered South Asia.

    If you come under R2, I'm more than happy to tell you what you want to know about it, as this is where I come under.
    FTDNA: IN41220
    YFull: YF62636

    FATHER:

    Y-DNA (ISOGG 2019): R2a2b1b2a1a1-Y1383* (Y154917-)
    Y-DNA path: M207 > M479 > M124 > P267 > Y12100 > Y8763 > Y8766 > V3714 > SK2142 > Y1377 > Y1379 > Z29271 > Y1383 x Y154917


    mtDNA (YFull): M5a-a2-G9064A


    MATERNAL UNCLE:

    Y-DNA (ISOGG 2019): R1b1a1b1b3a-Z2109
    Y-DNA path: M207 > M173 > M343 > L754 > L388 > P297 > M269 > L23 > Z2103 > Z2106 > Z2109

    mtDNA (YFull): U7a3a12-C15433T

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronbee2010 For This Useful Post:

     laltota (06-16-2019),  Sapporo (06-16-2019)

  10. #666
    Registered Users
    Posts
    310
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by aaronbee2010 View Post
    What company did you receive your paternal result from?

    Yes, it is inaccurate. R is split into R1 and R2, with R1 being split into R1a and R1b.

    All of these groups have distinct different histories and distributions in India, with R2 being especially distant from R1. It's therefore important that you need to identify which group (R1a, R1b or R2) you come under if you want a better understanding of how your paternal line entered South Asia.

    If you come under R2, I'm more than happy to tell you what you want to know about it, as this is where I come under.
    Bro, perhaps you missed it. Rich is talking about mtdna not y-dna

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prashantvaidwan For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (06-15-2019),  agent_lime (06-16-2019),  bmoney (06-17-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (06-15-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019)

  12. #667
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex

    got it from 23andme v4 chip...best matches uploading to jamesclick shows r32 and then r

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rich91 For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (06-15-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019)

  14. #668
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    766
    Sex
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Ethnicity
    Indian - Punjabi Jatt
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R2-Y1383*/R1b-Z2109
    mtDNA
    U7a3a12/M5a-a2

    England United Kingdom India India Punjab
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantvaidwan View Post
    Bro, perhaps you missed it. Rich is talking about mtdna not y-dna
    LOL xD

    I saw he mentioned R1a and assumed he was talking about Y-DNA. That's the biggest fail from me in a while!



    Quote Originally Posted by rich91 View Post
    got it from 23andme v4 chip...best matches uploading to jamesclick shows r32 and then r
    On YFull, there's a subclade of R32 called R32a, which consists of the 513A, 5201C and 8149G mutations. Can you check your James Lick results and see if you have any of these mutations in the extras (blue) list?
    FTDNA: IN41220
    YFull: YF62636

    FATHER:

    Y-DNA (ISOGG 2019): R2a2b1b2a1a1-Y1383* (Y154917-)
    Y-DNA path: M207 > M479 > M124 > P267 > Y12100 > Y8763 > Y8766 > V3714 > SK2142 > Y1377 > Y1379 > Z29271 > Y1383 x Y154917


    mtDNA (YFull): M5a-a2-G9064A


    MATERNAL UNCLE:

    Y-DNA (ISOGG 2019): R1b1a1b1b3a-Z2109
    Y-DNA path: M207 > M173 > M343 > L754 > L388 > P297 > M269 > L23 > Z2103 > Z2106 > Z2109

    mtDNA (YFull): U7a3a12-C15433T

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aaronbee2010 For This Useful Post:

     Amber29 (06-15-2019),  client (06-16-2019),  DMXX (06-16-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019),  prashantvaidwan (06-15-2019)

  16. #669
    Registered Users
    Posts
    751
    Ethnicity
    Brahmin (mixed)
    Nationality
    Indian
    Y-DNA
    R-1A (Z-93)
    mtDNA
    M-30

    Quote Originally Posted by rich91 View Post
    Gujurati Kutchi Leva patel here

    Admix Results (sorted):

    # Population Percent
    1 S-Indian 51.87
    2 Baloch 39.1
    3 Caucasian 2.55
    4 NE-Euro 2
    5 Mediterranean 1.78
    6 NE-Asian 1.02
    7 American 0.96
    8 Beringian 0.52
    9 Papuan 0.21

    Single Population Sharing:

    # Population (source) Distance
    1 gujarati-a (1000genomes) 3.2
    2 gujarati-a (hapmap) 3.97
    3 singapore-indian-b (sgvp) 4.25
    4 ap-reddy (harappa) 4.39
    5 gujarati-patel (harappa) 4.45
    6 kerala-nair (harappa) 4.58
    7 ap-brahmin (xing) 5.6
    8 velama (metspalu) 5.63
    9 iyer-brahmin (harappa) 5.65
    10 dharkar (metspalu) 5.71
    11 karnataka (harappa) 5.8
    12 tharu (metspalu) 5.86
    13 iyengar-brahmin (harappa) 5.99
    14 tn-brahmin (xing) 6.14
    15 rajasthani (harappa) 6.16
    16 velama (reich) 6.18
    17 brahmin-tamil-nadu (metspalu) 6.56
    18 up-muslim (metspalu) 6.78
    19 gujarati (harappa) 6.86
    20 kanjar (metspalu) 6.88


    Can anyone explain the south indian castes and the south indian brahmin...is that noise?

    Interestingly enough my mother has over 41% baloch dna

    And im more related to AP-reddy than what i presume are southern gujurati patels(maybe kadva patels?)

    And anyone know what singapore-indian-b is?

    And what do the distance numbers mean,is it a logarithmic increase?
    South Indian castes like Velamas, Reddy's, etc. have similar admix proportions to patels (high Iran_N type groups (represented by baloch), moderate AASI (represented in part by "south indian"), and sprinkling of additional foreign ancestry (steppe from NE euro, and BMAC from the "caucasus" component).

    The south indian brahmin almost certainly is noise, as you likely don't descend from a mix of gujarati brahmins and marathas/piramalai. However your baloch and south indian levels are withing striking distance so the calc will put you close to them.

    As you'll find as you delve deeper into this forum, region of india only shakily correlates with your DNA breakdown/"admix". So take that as you will.

    If you compare your results to LollyBolly, who is Kutchi/Lohana (I forgot which), he scores radically differently.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 26284729292 For This Useful Post:

     aaronbee2010 (06-16-2019),  bmoney (06-17-2019),  laltota (06-16-2019)

  18. #670
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    766
    Sex
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Ethnicity
    Indian - Punjabi Jatt
    Nationality
    British
    Y-DNA
    R2-Y1383*/R1b-Z2109
    mtDNA
    U7a3a12/M5a-a2

    England United Kingdom India India Punjab
    Quote Originally Posted by 26284729292 View Post
    South Indian castes like Velamas, Reddy's, etc. have similar admix proportions to patels (high Iran_N type groups (represented by baloch), moderate AASI (represented in part by "south indian"), and sprinkling of additional foreign ancestry (steppe from NE euro, and BMAC from the "caucasus" component).

    The south indian brahmin almost certainly is noise, as you likely don't descend from a mix of gujarati brahmins and marathas/piramalai. However your baloch and south indian levels are withing striking distance so the calc will put you close to them.

    As you'll find as you delve deeper into this forum, region of india only shakily correlates with your DNA breakdown/"admix". So take that as you will.

    If you compare your results to LollyBolly, who is Kutchi/Lohana (I forgot which), he scores radically differently.
    I believe Lollybolly is a Khoja (Muslim Lohana).
    FTDNA: IN41220
    YFull: YF62636

    FATHER:

    Y-DNA (ISOGG 2019): R2a2b1b2a1a1-Y1383* (Y154917-)
    Y-DNA path: M207 > M479 > M124 > P267 > Y12100 > Y8763 > Y8766 > V3714 > SK2142 > Y1377 > Y1379 > Z29271 > Y1383 x Y154917


    mtDNA (YFull): M5a-a2-G9064A


    MATERNAL UNCLE:

    Y-DNA (ISOGG 2019): R1b1a1b1b3a-Z2109
    Y-DNA path: M207 > M173 > M343 > L754 > L388 > P297 > M269 > L23 > Z2103 > Z2106 > Z2109

    mtDNA (YFull): U7a3a12-C15433T

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aaronbee2010 For This Useful Post:

     26284729292 (06-16-2019),  bmoney (06-17-2019)

Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. some HarappaWorld Arabian results
    By IronHorse in forum Autosomal (auDNA)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2019, 09:39 AM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-28-2018, 07:43 PM
  3. HarappaWorld PCAs
    By poi in forum Hindi
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 06-14-2018, 05:21 AM
  4. Your WHG/Neo/Yamna with HarappaWorld
    By Tolan in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-22-2015, 01:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •