India (south)
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    R5A2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295/R-L144(Helix)

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    Chances are IVC exodus pops were in touch with Indo-Aryans with cultural and genetic exchange (Dravidian didnt magically appear in the Rg Veda). ..
    I am from Tamil Nadu and have been following Tamil, Harappa and recently genetic research. Your point seems very logical to me.
    Here is my HarappaWorld analysis -

S-Indian 64.77 Pct
    Baloch 28.97 Pct
    Caucasian 0.36 Pct
    NE-Euro -
    SE-Asian 2.89 Pct
    Siberian 0.54 Pct
    NE-Asian -
    Papuan 1.10 Pct
    American -
    Beringian 0.50 Pct
    Mediterranean -
    SW-Asian -
    San 0.57 Pct
    E-African 0.30 Pct

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kbkaran For This Useful Post:

26284729292 (08-14-2019),  agent_lime (08-13-2019),  bmoney (08-14-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (08-13-2019),  Kulin (08-13-2019),  kush (08-13-2019),  pegasus (08-14-2019),  tipirneni (08-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India (south)
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    R5A2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295/R-L144(Helix)

Where you from ? My wife and my kids's mtdna is A2. We are from Tamil Nadu, India.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India (south)
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    R5A2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295/R-L144(Helix)

Quote Originally Posted by spicyshuwa&empanadas View Post
    Where are you from ? (Kerala ?) My wife and my kids (naturally) mtdna is A2. We are from Tamil Nadu, India

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kbkaran For This Useful Post:

parasar (08-13-2019)

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by kbkaran View Post
    Where are you from ? (Kerala ?) My wife and my kids (naturally) mtdna is A2. We are from Tamil Nadu, India
    One of my close relatives is mt-A4.

Per 23andme:
    "The common ancestor of haplogroup A was a woman who lived approximately 25,000 years ago, perhaps in the northern reaches of East Asia. Members of haplogroup A are widespread in Asia today, where they generally make up less than 10% of their populations. The haplogroup reaches higher concentrations in some parts of China, Korea and Japan. In some ethnic Chinese populations, such as the Dong and the Yi, nearly 30% of people belong to haplogroup A. One branch of the haplogroup, A4, reaches levels of more than 15% among people who were tested in the city of Wuhan in central China.

Haplogroup A was widespread in Siberia as recently as 7,000 years ago, but the haplogroup is rare in the region today. It is found almost exclusively among the Chukchi and the Yupik, two small indigenous groups from northeastern Siberia. Only one branch of A, A2, spread even farther. At the peak of the Ice Age, between about 20,000 and 15,000 years ago, so much water was locked up in massive ice sheets that global sea level dropped 300 feet and exposed an ice-free but frigid corridor hundreds of miles wide that linked Siberia and Alaska. A few hardy hunter-gatherers roamed back and forth across this bridge, and when the harsh conditions eased they ventured farther east and south, where their descendants carried A2 throughout the American continents."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to parasar For This Useful Post:

bmoney (08-14-2019)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Bengali
    Nationality
    Canadian
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a

Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Quote Originally Posted by kbkaran View Post
    Interesting mtdna. Wecome to the A club, I'm an A11 carrier.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (08-13-2019),  FrostAssassin0701 (08-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    mtDNA (M)
    U2c
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a1a1b2a1a1

Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    yeah, exactly. so many papers were confusing R1a being native South Asian initially due to how widespread it was along all caste positions. J/L in the South actually has lower prevalence than R1a among tribals (and high castes)

but yeah gotta stop the trope of naughty Brahmins being a dna donor for all the R1a in South India. I mean surely its common knowledge that Brahmin mixing wasnt exactly widespread in the last 1k years aside from the fact that they dont really form a significant % of the population anywhere except the Kashmir Valley where all Hindus are Pandits from what I understand

Much more likely R1a and Indo-Aryan ancestry in the South (after the initial South Dravidian wave) belonged to larger numerical sections of society such as migrating armies or just migratory groups. Groups like the Baniya (called Vaniya in Kerala) still maintain their Gangetic signal surprisingly i found out when vishankar posted the result

R1a tilted groups like Chechus are related to migratory Banjara groups that have very similar counterparts in areas like Rajasthan and MP which cant be coincidence

Another R1a sample with 0 NE Euro that BMG posted a while back was an Ezhava from Kerala IIRC

Anyway the more samples and data we get (along with y-dna) the more ignorance gets defeated
    Are you saying R1a really migrated out of India instead of the reverse?

Registered Users

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kush View Post
    I think R1a is found among tribals too. They get more steppe on many runs than midcaste south indians as well, though that could be just generic western pull for them.
    They have a lot of pseudo Steppe , even Irula can be modelled with 10% but its all MA1/AG3 related and arrived in the UP.

Make no mistake though the minor Steppe ancestry and the L657 is largely being supplied by SI Brahmins , they are THE main vector for this ancestry here. While they themselves were quite endogamous, the men definitely were having illicit sexual relations with other women from other groups and I am pretty sure it was quite common as they positioned themselves at the cultural apex. Its an uncomfortable reality for many but its a fact. Just look at the Southern US during the Slave period. Also, this is not just exclusive to this region, men in power positions having sexual relations with women of lower castes or socio-economic backgrounds is common throughout history.
    Last edited by pegasus; 08-13-2019 at 10:25 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

kush (08-14-2019),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-14-2019),  parasar (08-14-2019),  Sapporo (08-13-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India (south)
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    R5A2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295/R-L144(Helix)

Quote Originally Posted by parasar View Post
    One of my close relatives is mt-A4.

May I ask the place/origin of your A4 relative. I thought A2 was west africa .. morocco or something ..

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India (south)
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    R5A2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295/R-L144(Helix)

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
    ..While they themselves were quite endogamous, the men definitely were having illicit sexual relations with other women from other groups and I am pretty sure it was quite common as they positioned themselves at the cultural apex. Its an uncomfortable reality for many but its a fact. ...
    Very believable, IMHO.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to kbkaran For This Useful Post:

pegasus (08-14-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    India (south)
    Nationality
    US
    mtDNA (M)
    R5A2
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-L295/R-L144(Helix)

Quote Originally Posted by Kulin View Post
    Interesting mtdna. Wecome to the A club, I'm an A11 carrier.
    Sorry folks.. I misquoted.. my kids mtdna ia A1A per Geno 2.0/Helix. Note, their mtdna for me was R5A2B and 23andMe called it as R5A2. So mtdna side, it looks like 23andMe and Helix agreed. But for Y analysis there is some difference (for me it was - R-L144 from Helix but R-L295 from 23andMe).
    But I am still in the A club so will accept and thank you for your welcome :-)

Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast