Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    J2b2a
    mtDNA (M)
    A11-a*
    mtDNA (P)
    M30g

Canada Bangladesh Jammu and Kashmir India Pakistan Sri Lanka
    Let's avoid offtopic here, and get back to posting HarappaWorld results.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kulin For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (08-01-2020),  discreetmaverick (08-02-2020),  ybnnahmir431 (08-01-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Baloch Kashmiri Uzbek Kho
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-Y17491 > R-YP4858
    mtDNA (M)
    A8a

Pakistan United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Amber29 View Post
    Khabi Khabar ya tanaaza sirf unees bees ka farq hota hai (hope i spelt it right/said it right) lol
    Yes . Tanaaza means conflict, I probably shoulda have said tanazaat (plural)... but I'm not very good at Urdu, so maaf kar dijiye ga lol
    “Chahar chez est tohfay Multan, Gard-o- Garma, Gada-o- Goristan”.

Four things are the gift of Multan: Dusty winds, hot seasons, beggars and graveyards.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khanabadoshi For This Useful Post:

Amber29 (08-01-2020),  Rahuls77 (08-03-2020),  vishankar (08-02-2020)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDLuffy View Post
    This person scores like Bored, what's wrong in that comparison lol. We have one Langrial on our sheet under Pahari results. That individual is more similar to Amber's family than this Sudhan. There is also a Gakhar that is identical to Sudhan.

The sudhan is more identical to Jammuites than potohari. This is not a blind guess, it's straight up based on the data.
    Please tell me more about the Langrial result you have. Where can I access this “sheet”?

This is my clan and we are originally from the Potohar (just southeast of Rawalpindi).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loggedin For This Useful Post:

gudar (08-03-2020)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Punjabi

Quote Originally Posted by loggedin View Post
    Please tell me more about the Langrial result you have. Where can I access this “sheet”?

This is my clan and we are originally from the Potohar (just southeast of Rawalpindi).
    langrial from your area will most likely score like these peeps

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gudar For This Useful Post:

loggedin (08-03-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gujarati Brahmin
    Nationality
    India

India Italy Sicily

Here is one sheet with Harappaworld results:
    https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....esource-Center

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kirtan24 For This Useful Post:

loggedin (08-03-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-03-2020),  Sapporo (08-03-2020)

Sex

Quote Originally Posted by gudar View Post
    langrial from your area will most likely score like these peeps

Thanks for the replies. I'm assuming the following column headings corresponding to

"S Indian Baloch Caucasian NE Euro SE Asian Siberian NE Asian Papuan American Beringian Mediterranean SW Asian"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

(based on HARAPPA WORLD :: NW South Asian + South Central Asian maintained by Sapporo.)

Is this correct?

What exactly does this tell me? Is there a primer I should read to help me interpret the results?

I am interested in a) understanding the origins of my clan, who are spread throughout Pakistan Punjab with varied origin stories, and b) understanding the rather wide range of phenotypic diversity I've observed in my biraderi. Maybe it is common among all Potoharis, I don't know, but in my own family I have seen people with very dark brown skin, practically black to those with fair skin and light eyes, short, tall, stocky, slim. And it doesn't make sense to me because we like most clans of the region are very endogamic.
    Last edited by loggedin; 08-03-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    West Uttar Pradesh
    Nationality
    India/UK

Thanks for the replies. I'm assuming the following column headings corresponding to

"S Indian Baloch Caucasian NE Euro SE Asian Siberian NE Asian Papuan American Beringian Mediterranean SW Asian"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

(based on HARAPPA WORLD :: NW South Asian + South Central Asian maintained by Sapporo.)

Is this correct?

What exactly does this tell me? Is there a primer I should read to help me interpret the results?

I am interested in a) understanding the origins of my clan, who are spread throughout Pakistan Punjab with varied origin stories, and b) understanding the rather wide range of phenotypic diversity I've observed in my biraderi. Maybe it is common among all Potoharis, I don't know, but in my own family I have seen people with very dark brown skin, practically black to those with fair skin and light eyes, short, tall, stocky, slim. And it doesn't make sense to me because we like most clans of the region are very endogamic.
    Almost everyone in south asia is like that though especially north. Your clan is probably mainly mixed of Baloch and South Indian like other punjabies

Sex

Aren’t Balochis mixed too? I am not sure I understand what this grouping means in this context.

I didn’t think it was so unique but it is very curious that we are apparently a product of mixing of two very different looking populations but now marry very, very closely among our relations. In the case of Potoharis and other Muslim Indian communities, arguably too closely. Cousin marriage in this part of Pakistan is very, very high.

I suppose frequency of traits got locked in....but it is rather jarring to see my very dark skinned khalaa/aunt, who would not stick out by skin colour in even the darkest South Indian communities, with her blond haired, blue eyed grandson (and son before him, whose hair since darkened to brunette), given that everyone is so very closely related. Her husband, her son’s wife, etc. are all related to one another.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gujarati Brahmin
    Nationality
    India

India Italy Sicily
    Aren’t Balochis mixed too? I am not sure I understand what this grouping means in this context.

I didn’t think it was so unique but it is very curious that we are apparently a product of mixing of two very different looking populations but now marry very, very closely among our relations. In the case of Potoharis and other Muslim Indian communities, arguably too closely. Cousin marriage in this part of Pakistan is very, very high.

I suppose frequency of traits got locked in....but it is rather jarring to see my very dark skinned khalaa/aunt, who would not stick out by skin colour in even the darkest South Indian communities, with her blond haired, blue eyed grandson (and son before him, whose hair since darkened to brunette), given that everyone is so very closely related. Her husband, her son’s wife, etc. are all related to one another.
    Phenotype often doesn't correlate with the genotype. The way physical traits are manifested in the phenotype is something which is not very well understood, especially in South Asians.

The mixing in South Asians happened thousands of years ago. Most SA communities have been endogamous for the last 2000-2500 years (someone please correct me if I am messing up the dates).
    Last edited by Kirtan24; 08-03-2020 at 06:47 PM.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kirtan24 For This Useful Post:

FrostAssassin0701 (08-03-2020),  Kulin (08-03-2020),  loggedin (08-03-2020),  MonkeyDLuffy (08-03-2020),  Sapporo (08-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Kirtan24 View Post
    Phenotype often doesn't correlate with the genotype. The way physical traits are manifested in the phenotype is something which is not very well understood, especially in South Asians.

The mixing in South Asians happened thousands of years ago. Most SA communities have been endogamous for the last 2000-2500 years (someone please correct me if I am messing up the dates).
    You're not far off. Diversity in families amongst mixed individuals is no surprise.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MonkeyDLuffy For This Useful Post:

Kirtan24 (08-03-2020)

Page 381 of 460 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431 ... LastLast