Ethnicity
    European blend
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1a L664/YP5623
    mtDNA
    U5b2b2/G228A

United States of America European Union Norway Austrian Empire United Kingdom Germany Imperial

ORCAS or KILLER WHALES

Orca apocalypse from polluted oceans:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...from-pollution

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baltimore1937 For This Useful Post:

JMcB (09-30-2018),  slievenamon (09-30-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA
    I-A14097

Canada Netherlands United Kingdom Ireland
    This is quite sad. This is happening not just in water, but also on land. It will unfortunately keep progressing due to human ignorance.

I was fascinated by whales and dolphins as a child, specifically my interest was in killer whales, to read these sorts of headlines is really unnerving, at least for my inner child.
    Y-DNA: I-A14097 [Big Y: Complete] (Scotland), Big Y: I-Z140>F2642>Y1966>Y3649>A13241>Y3647>A14097 (1,850 YBP)
    mtDNA: pending (Westeremden, Netherlands)
    Other lines:
    R-M222 x2 (Ireland), R-L21 x2 (Ireland & Scotland), I-M223 (Ireland), R-S1141 (Scotland), R-U198 & R-U106 (Netherlands), mtHg J1c3 (Ireland)
    Known ancestry
    Paternal: Britain & Ireland, France and Germany
    Maternal: Netherlands

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spruithean For This Useful Post:

Baltimore1937 (10-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1a L664/YP5623
    mtDNA
    U5b2b2/G228A

United States of America European Union Norway Austrian Empire United Kingdom Germany Imperial
    Research on nocturnal activity of Orcas along B.C. coast:

https://www.hakaimagazine.com/news/w...s-do-at-night/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Baltimore1937 For This Useful Post:

spruithean (10-04-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by spruithean View Post
    This is quite sad. This is happening not just in water, but also on land. It will unfortunately keep progressing due to human ignorance.

I was fascinated by whales and dolphins as a child, specifically my interest was in killer whales, to read these sorts of headlines is really unnerving, at least for my inner child.
    Agreed, this is just terrible.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1a L664/YP5623
    mtDNA
    U5b2b2/G228A

I might just as well add this article I ran across on the Orcas situation:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...news-for-orcas

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baltimore1937 For This Useful Post:

C J Wyatt III (10-10-2018),  MikeWhalen (10-10-2018),  slievenamon (10-12-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    European blend
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a1a L664/YP5623
    mtDNA
    U5b2b2/G228A

Here's another article pertaining to the Orcas in the Vancouver area:

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-...-protect-orcas

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    English
    Nationality
    English
    Y-DNA
    H2a1
    mtDNA
    H1c3

England
    Its a real shame what damage we have done, and continue to do to the Natural World.
    Regarding the problems with our oceans, , its the same on land, farmers are spreading so called 'Green Waste' etc, all over fields throughout the UK, A lot unrecorded, most of this is not green at all, it is often inner city or town rubbish placed in the so called 'Green' bins and much of this is not degradeable, but highly toxic, and will or has already entered the food chain, as it is spread unchecked.

I have seen Hospital Waste, including needles etc that needed to be properly dissposed of, across many farmers fields, Including bits of the Plastic hazardous Waste warnings buried among it. This waste, also includes all sorts of plastics, including bits of hazardous and Toxic computor boards, etc. If this was not enough, on top of this, many UK farmers often use some form of acid type chemical spray, that kills unwanted growth, which is so strong it also eats and destroys copper and bronze objects in the ground within a few years, including archaeological remains that have been underground for hundreds,even thousands of years, which are now being chemically dissolved.

The consequences to our childrens future food products are not even considered, only the cheapest and most profitable short term gain, These Farming methods also seep into, and pollute unchecked, many of our Becks, Streams, and rivers, then into our main waterways, on to the oceans. Farm animals and ourselves have to eat the products that evolve from this mess. Animals that feed among this must also have to chew much that is toxic, when feeding on the grass etc, and thereby also routing it into the Human foodchain.
    In my own opinion, we ourselves will kill all life on this planet eventually, its only a matter of time, possibly less than five hundred years in my own opinion, and we may of even reached, and crossed the point of no return at the present time, All within a mainly short span of mainly less than a Hundred years. What a mess.
    Last edited by Paul333; 11-09-2018 at 02:07 PM.