Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help interpreting GEDmatch results

Registered Users
    Sex

Hey there Ruderico, I wonder if I can borrow your thread to solve my doubts.. As stated before I'm a brazilian, with a Madeira paternal grandmother and supposedly, by oral tradition only, another Madeirense as my maternal great grandfather. The rest is mostly old stock brazilian with little recorded history, but probably mostly portuguese in old origin. So I decided to compare my K36 results with those of a "standard" portuguese that I've found in an image here (btw, how did you got this kind of data? always looked for raw population percentages in K36, but never found it). My results:

Amerindian 3.77 Pct
    Arabian 0.21 Pct
    Armenian 0.48 Pct
    Basque 5.60 Pct
    Central_Euro 3.54 Pct
    East_Balkan 7.04 Pct
    East_Central_Euro 2.55 Pct
    East_Med 1.22 Pct
    Eastern_Euro 0.05 Pct
    French 2.80 Pct
    Iberian 19.29 Pct
    Italian 16.10 Pct
    Malayan 0.59 Pct
    Near_Eastern 6.59 Pct
    North_African 3.71 Pct
    North_Atlantic 7.75 Pct
    North_Sea 9.69 Pct
    Northeast_African 1.62 Pct
    Omotic 0.62 Pct
    Pygmy 0.31 Pct
    West_African 2.95 Pct
    West_Caucasian 0.57 Pct
    West_Med 2.96 Pct

So.. despite the obvious Amerindian and West-Central African percentages, what can you guys affirm from those numbers? I see a considerable difference in East-Balkan and Near Eastern percentages, also a little more in Northeastern African.. What this supposed to mean, Sephardi Jew, Moorish influence?? Anything else??

Thanks a lot!!
    Ricardo.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Romanised Paesuri
    Nationality
    Portuguese
    Y-DNA
    E-BY36858
    mtDNA
    H20

Asturias Portugal 1143 Portugal 1485 Portugal Order of Christ
    You may have an Italian ancestor, which would explain those higher figures and the really low Iberian score
    YDNA - E-Y31991>PF4428>BY36857. Domingos Rodrigues, b. circa 1680 Hidden Content , Viana do Castelo, Portugal
    mtDNA - H20. Maria Josefa de Almeida, b. circa 1750 Hidden Content , Porto, Portugal

Global25 PCA West Eurasia dataset Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

[1] "distance%=1.7726"

Ruderico

Celtiberian,77.6
    Roman_Imperial_proxy,13.6
    Guanche,8.8

Registered Users
    Sex

Yes, the eastern influence was pushing me towards this guess.. It's possible because I have background in Sao Paulo state (highest italian immigration), something that passed completely "under the radar" though. I would say that probably not because it would have happened somewhere between the turn of the century (XIX-XX), at that era italian colonials lived mostly among themselves only. Already read that italians (mostly genovese) were very common in iberian port citys in the navigations era (XV-XVII - just like our friend Columbus), but that would be an even more remote guess. I'll have to get my parents tested to check on that. Until there, I'll stick with the Sephardi converso feelings

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Italian Alpine
    Nationality
    Australian and Italian
    Y-DNA
    T1a2b- Z19945 - Jura
    mtDNA
    H95a1 - Pannoni

Australia Italy Veneto Friuli Italy Trentino Alto Adige Austria Tirol Germany Palatinate
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarelo View Post
    Yes, the eastern influence was pushing me towards this guess.. It's possible because I have background in Sao Paulo state (highest italian immigration), something that passed completely "under the radar" though. I would say that probably not because it would have happened somewhere between the turn of the century (XIX-XX), at that era italian colonials lived mostly among themselves only. Already read that italians (mostly genovese) were very common in iberian port citys in the navigations era (XV-XVII - just like our friend Columbus), but that would be an even more remote guess. I'll have to get my parents tested to check on that. Until there, I'll stick with the Sephardi converso feelings
    Do not leave out the many Venetian navigators, as many served the Portuguese king.
    portugal was always a stopover for venetian merchants on their way to Ireland, Southampton, London and dutch lands

Alvise Da Mosto ( related to BBC historian , francesco da Mosto ) was the most famous
    known in portugal as Luiz Cadamosto
    Alvise means Luigi in Italian

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvise_Da_Mosto

European = 99.2%......Central Asian = 0.8% ....Yfull - 1460BC, Jura caves
    Father's Mtdna .........T2b17
    Grandfather's Mtdna .......T1a1e
    Sons Mtdna .......K1a4o
    Maternal Grandfather paternal......I1d-P109...CTS6009
    Maternal side Grandfather .......R-S8172
    Wife's Ydna .....R1a-Z282

My Path = ( K-M9+, TL-P326+, T-M184+, L490+, M70+, PF5664+, L131+, L446+, CTS933+, CTS54+, CTS8862+, Z19945+, Y70078+ )

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z49
    mtDNA
    T2b

Brazil
    Did you try doing some genealogical research? Church and Civil records from São Paulo state are mostly availabe on FamilySearch.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by vettor View Post
    Do not leave out the many Venetian navigators, as many served the Portuguese king.
    portugal was always a stopover for venetian merchants on their way to Ireland, Southampton, London and dutch lands

Alvise Da Mosto ( related to BBC historian , francesco da Mosto ) was the most famous
    known in portugal as Luiz Cadamosto
    Alvise means Luigi in Italian

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvise_Da_Mosto
    Nice, going to re-check where I read the genovese thing, could have got it wrong

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by emc View Post
    Did you try doing some genealogical research? Church and Civil records from São Paulo state are mostly availabe on FamilySearch.
    Obrigado! Estou dando uma olhada aqui, mas até agora nada, seria na opção "pesquisar registros históricos"??

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    Brazilian
    Y-DNA
    R1b-Z49
    mtDNA
    T2b

Brazil
    Obrigado! Estou dando uma olhada aqui, mas até agora nada, seria na opção "pesquisar registros históricos"??
    Pesquisar > Catálogo

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by emc View Post
    Pesquisar > Catálogo
    (Para eu poder responder tua msg preciso de mais um posto)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123