Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Normandie Netherlands Friesland Finland Orkney

GenotypeHarmonizer

Short question. I tried today to realize genotype alignments (to 1kG, Build37) with the program called GenotypeHarmonizer. I expected some trouble and problems and did not encounter anything like that, which is surprising. On the other hand, this program is a bit particular, as it uses Linkage disequilibrium patterns to determine the correct strand of GC and AT SNPs. My question: is there someone around here who is familiar with this soft, and if yes is he/she able to tell if it is trustworthy? Just because it's too beautiful to be true...
    En North alom, de North venom
    En North fum naiz, en North manom

(Roman de Rou, Wace, 1160-1170)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Belarusian
    Y-DNA
    I2-A1328
    mtDNA
    J1c

Quote Originally Posted by anglesqueville View Post
    Short question. I tried today to realize genotype alignments (to 1kG, Build37) with the program called GenotypeHarmonizer. I expected some trouble and problems and did not encounter anything like that, which is surprising. On the other hand, this program is a bit particular, as it uses Linkage disequilibrium patterns to determine the correct strand of GC and AT SNPs. My question: is there someone around here who is familiar with this soft, and if yes is he/she able to tell if it is trustworthy? Just because it's too beautiful to be true...
    I am familiar with this software, have been using it for a couple years as an initial step before phasing/imputing genomes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vadim Verenich For This Useful Post:

anglesqueville (12-05-2018)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    northwesterner
    Y-DNA
    U152>L2>Z367
    mtDNA
    H5a1

Normandie Netherlands Friesland Finland Orkney
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadim Verenich View Post
    I am familiar with this software, have been using it for a couple years as an initial step before phasing/imputing genomes.
    Thanks, Vadim, it's reassuring. I was a bit troubled by the fact that seemingly its use is not very current.
    En North alom, de North venom
    En North fum naiz, en North manom

(Roman de Rou, Wace, 1160-1170)