Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Ethiopia Adal Sultanate Yemen Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by GeelJire View Post
    I didn't even comment on Habr Awal existence or non existence, where are you getting this from?. And a minor correction, i didn't claim Bahgob are Samarone, i shared an excerpt from Burtons book that claimed Samaron are descended from Bahgobo (Habr Awal) and i believe there might be some truth to it.
    Buddy you do realize you are speaking to a Baha Cumar from Arabsiyo which we share with the Bah Gob minority? I know Bah Gob like my back hand considering my father side intermixed with them for generations and my family members never heard of this myth.

Let's say we take Jibril's results as representative of Bah Bah Gob.Why would they be related to Samarone and not the Tol Jeclo minority of Gabiley region? Like I said earlier you have no clue about my region

This is a very stern warning to all of you to please refresh yourselves with the Terms of Service, which you all agreed to when you registered. This thread is being monitored. If further inflammatory, racist or pseudoscience type posts (which often lead to inflammatory posts) are made, infractions will follow.
    Forum Reminders - Please remember to:
    Report any problematic content Adhere to Anthrogenica Hidden Content Discuss respectfully Be mindful of sharing user data (both yours and others) English language only in main forum area PM 'Moderator' for basic maintenance tasks or information about member suspensions or bans

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Administrator For This Useful Post:

drobbah (03-09-2020),  GabrielZelalem (03-11-2020),  GeelJire (03-13-2020),  Jammies (05-05-2020)

Sex
    Ethnicity
    Somali - Dir
    Nationality
    UK
    Y-DNA (P)
    T1-(M70)
    mtDNA (M)
    N1a

Ethiopia Adal Sultanate Djibouti Somalia United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by GeelJire View Post
    I didn't even comment on Habr Awal existence or non existence, where are you getting this from?. And a minor correction, i didn't claim Bahgob are Samarone, i shared an excerpt from Burtons book that claimed Samaron are descended from Bahgobo (Habr Awal) and i believe there might be some truth to it.
    Are you seriously using Richard Burton as a reference? First of all, as someone who is Samaroon, we have no traditional accounts of any such relationship with the Bahgoba subclan. Chronologically speaking its IMPOSSIBLE. Bahgoba is a sub sub sub clan of Habr Awal. Bahgoba probably existed in the last 300-400 years max based on abtirsi whereas the Samaroon existed for at least 700-800 yers ago based on abtirsi. Its chronologically impossible and no Gadabursi ever recounts this 'link'. The only person to have ever mentioned this was Richard Burton who was extremely hostile to the Gadabursi and whose guide was a Bahgoba man who probably fed him some fake news. If anything, any Habr Awal T is more likely to come from the Gadabursi/ Dir and not the other way round because Gadabursi are overwhelmingly, if not almost exclusively T, whereas Habr Awal are majority E-v32.

Traditionally, we descend from Madaluug and the abtirsi is Cali (Gadabuursi) Madaluug who is the son of Dir. Madaluug had many offspring such as Cali Daud Madaluug (Gadabuursi), Isaaq Madaluug (Not Isaaq from Somaliland), Ahmed Madaluug, Jirde Madaluug and others. The only Madaluug subclan who still live in Waqooyi are the Gadabuursi. The rest live in Ethiopia, Shebeele, and Juba specifically Jamaame Region.

This is a video of Madaluug in Southern Somalia

Image of the leader of Madaluug clan in Juba:
    CnkDlZR.png
    Last edited by Monk307; 03-12-2020 at 12:39 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monk307 For This Useful Post:

drobbah (03-12-2020),  GeelJire (03-13-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Y-DNA (P)
    T
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a

African Union Djibouti African Union
    I've been added to the chart of the FTDNA Somali Project. Kit number is B448380.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GabrielZelalem For This Useful Post:

drobbah (04-04-2020),  GeelJire (04-04-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Y-DNA (P)
    T
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a

All my 111 str’s results are now on the project’s page, closely matches other Somalis, especially Habar Yoonis.
    All my matches disappear on FTDNA when I chose 111 Marker.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GabrielZelalem For This Useful Post:

GeelJire (05-13-2020),  Mnemonics (05-03-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Y-DNA (P)
    T
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a

I’ve been successfully added to the Isaaq subclade on YFull . According to FTDNA I belong to T-BY56427.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GabrielZelalem For This Useful Post:

GeelJire (06-22-2020),  Mnemonics (06-20-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Y-DNA (P)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielZelalem View Post
    I’ve been successfully added to the Isaaq subclade on YFull . According to FTDNA I belong to T-BY56427.
    Are you the Djiboutian (id:YF74859) on yfull?. I assumed that was Cobra from Sspot who also took the BIG-Y. I think Northern Dirs like Gadabursi and Ciise will fall under T-FGC92488 and it won't be exclusive to Isaaqs.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GeelJire For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (06-22-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Horner
    Y-DNA (P)
    T
    mtDNA (M)
    R0a

Yep that’s my kit number. Given the very recent TMRCA I am quite confident only Isaaq will fall under it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GabrielZelalem For This Useful Post:

GeelJire (06-22-2020)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Somali
    Y-DNA (P)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielZelalem View Post
    Yep that’s my kit number. Given the very recent TMRCA I am quite confident only Isaaq will fall under it.
    It maybe exclusive to Isaaqs but the TMRCA might be revised when your sample is fully anaylzed. Remember the Mudug Sample and Togdheer initially had a TMRCA at 1650ybp but when the Waqooyi Galbeed uploaded it went up to 1900ypb. Could happen in this case.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to GeelJire For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (06-22-2020)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456