Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Somalis and T-Y16897

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    Thought this was the E-V32 thread for some reason… but yes both Toghdheer samples one HJ & HY share a recent tmrca on yfull to the exclusion of the Ciidigale
    Interesting. You wouldn't happen to know what subclan the HJ individual belongs to would you?

Registered Users

Its is interesting to know that somali T is of such recent origin as indicated by the available information and as a result I think its convenient at the moment to believe that its due to recent migration from somewhere in the middle east to the horn of africa through the red sea.
    Last edited by kahin; 06-28-2021 at 11:34 AM. Reason: I have moved this post to another site

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by drobbah View Post
    You mean Isaaq Ts are 900 years old unless you excavate the tomb of Shiekh Isaxaaq no can claim who were the true Isaaq.Plus the Samarone,Bah Gob & Ciidigale don’t fall under the younger clade that the Habar Jeclo & Habar Yoonis sample fall under.Which means a CG is equally distant from a Samarone as he is from Habar Yoonis his supposed Garxajis sibling.
    Bro have you seen Big y tests other than those posted on FTDNA which is of only 4 results among all isaaqs, cuz I think that we cant draw conclusion about the genealogical arrangements of such major clans based on only the results of four random guys. Btw all the abtirsi seems screwed up all the way from any thing above few generations.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by kahin View Post
    Its is interesting to know that somali T is of such recent origin as indicated by the available information and as a result I think its convenient at the moment to believe that its due to recent migration from somewhere in the middle east to the horn of africa through the red sea.
    I still don't think any conclusions can be made until other T-haplogroup Horners have been tested, especially Somali-adjacent groups like Rendille, Gabra, and South Cushitic speakers. Arabs are over-represented on DNA testing websites.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Gadabuursi Jibriil yoonis
    Nationality
    Somali
    Y-DNA (P)
    T-L208
    mtDNA (M)
    L3i2

if you don't have same haplogroup, how do you have same clan.
    one of E-32 or T-L208 should be reer sh. Isxaaq other one is fake. but i don't know which is real.

Gold Class Member
    Sex
    Omitted
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V32>E-FT385910
    mtDNA (M)
    L0a1d1*
    Y-DNA (M)
    T-FGC92488

Somaliland Adal Sultanate Yemen African Union Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by warsame View Post
    if you don't have same haplogroup, how do you have same clan.
    one of E-32 or T-L208 should be reer sh. Isxaaq other one is fake. but i don't know which is real.
    No such thing of a 'real' Isaaq lineage.Anyone that belongs to the Isaaq clan and it's various subclans is Isaaq whether they carry E-V32,E-V22, T-M70, E-M78* or E-V16

Quote Originally Posted by kahin View Post
    Bro have you seen Big y tests other than those posted on FTDNA which is of only 4 results among all isaaqs, cuz I think that we cant draw conclusion about the genealogical arrangements of such major clans based on only the results of four random guys. Btw all the abtirsi seems screwed up all the way from any thing above few generations.
    It does seem quite screwed considering the HY individual is closer to the Habar Jeclo T-M70 individual in comparison to the Ciidigale which are both Garxajis.Just like how it is strange that the vast majority of Majerteen don't share a recent ancestor with the rest of the Harti clan.It seems these old clans were all confederacies of various lineages
    Last edited by drobbah; 07-30-2021 at 02:58 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to drobbah For This Useful Post:

GabrielZelalem (07-30-2021)

Registered Users
    Sex

Can someone explain why yfull hasn't given the 2 Awdal samples their own subclade yet and the 2 issaq samples?. Yfull can give a subclade and a common ancestor estimate for a father and son but can't separate old lineages?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011