Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Please Help About Understanding MY DNA Details

  1. #1

    Please Help About Understanding MY DNA Details

    Hi everybody,

    I am Kurd from both parents. Since I am new I need your help to understand my DNA profile and ethnic composition.

    Below are some of the results:

    Eurogenes K36

    Amerindian -
    Arabian 5.90
    Armenian 9.67
    Basque 0.76
    Central_African -
    Central_Euro 0.83
    East_African -
    East_Asian -
    East_Balkan -
    East_Central_Asian -
    East_Central_Euro -
    East_Med 16.09
    Eastern_Euro -
    Fennoscandian -
    French -
    Iberian -
    Indo-Chinese 0.73
    Italian 6.74
    Malayan -
    Near_Eastern 13.78
    North_African -
    North_Atlantic -
    North_Caucasian 20.98
    North_Sea -
    Northeast_African -
    Oceanian -
    Omotic -
    Pygmy -
    Siberian 2.20
    South_Asian -
    South_Central_Asian 15.71
    South_Chinese -
    Volga-Ural 0.06
    West_African -
    West_Caucasian 6.53


    *
    MDLP 23b


    Amerindian -
    Ancestral_Altaic 4.87
    South_Central_Asian 21.48
    Arctic -
    South_Indian 1.12
    Australoid 0.39
    Austronesian 0.09
    Caucasian 38.05
    Archaic_Human 0.22
    East_African 0.79
    East_Siberian 2.47
    European_Early_Farmers 5.72
    Khoisan -
    Melano_Polynesian -
    Archaic_African 0.10
    Near_East 14.26
    North_African 4.06
    Paleo_Siberian -
    African_Pygmy -
    South_East_Asian 1.13
    Subsaharian 0.26
    Tungus-Altaic 2.16
    European_Hunters_Gatherers 2.80


    **

    The K12b


    Gedrosia 22.64
    Siberian 3.40
    Northwest_African 1.22
    Southeast_Asian 1.16
    Atlantic_Med 9.39
    North_European 6.42
    South_Asian 1.61
    East_African -
    Southwest_Asian 13.93
    East_Asian 1.12
    Caucasus 38.61
    Sub_Saharan

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to lucian_samasota For This Useful Post:

     StarDS9 (10-20-2018)

  3. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    250
    Y-DNA
    G2a-L30
    mtDNA
    N1b1

    Kurdistan
    You are a Kurd. Probably you have a Turkish ancestor a few generations back.

  4. #3
    Thanks, Lupus. How do you predict I may have a a Turkish ancestor a few generations back?

  5. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    250
    Y-DNA
    G2a-L30
    mtDNA
    N1b1

    Kurdistan
    You score a few points on Indo-Chinese and Siberian components on Eurogenes K36. They are marker of Turkic populations.

  6. #5
    Thanks a lot, Lupus82

  7. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    147
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Y-DNA
    N-P43

    Turkey Great Seljuk Empire
    Quote Originally Posted by lucian_samasota View Post
    Hi everybody,

    I am Kurd from both parents. Since I am new I need your help to understand my DNA profile and ethnic composition.

    Below are some of the results:

    The K12b

    Gedrosia 22.64
    Siberian 3.40
    Northwest_African 1.22
    Southeast_Asian 1.16
    Atlantic_Med 9.39
    North_European 6.42
    South_Asian 1.61
    East_African -
    Southwest_Asian 13.93
    East_Asian 1.12
    Caucasus 38.61
    Sub_Saharan
    Your Oracle results (with out project's populations averages)

    Code:
    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 3,338997
    2 Azerbaijani_Iran @ 3,623603
    3 Turkmen_Iraq @ 4,287435
    4 Zaza @ 4,663829
    5 Azerbaijani @ 4,731596
    6 Azerbaijani_Turkey @ 4,832556
    7 Kurd_Sorani @ 5,184535
    8 Turk_Southeast @ 5,274571
    9 Talysh_Azerbaijan @ 6,38647
    10 Turk_East @ 7,013537
    11 Lur_Iran @ 7,32753
    12 Feyli_Iran @ 7,615228
    13 Turk_Central_East @ 9,270874
    14 Iranian @ 9,326269
    15 Turk_South @ 9,544663
    16 Turk_Central_Black_Sea @ 10,18657
    17 Iran_Iron_Age @ 10,494575
    18 Turk_Central_West @ 11,554445
    19 Azerbaijani_Dagestan @ 13,016866
    20 Assyrian @ 13,33564
    
    Using 2 population approximation:
    1 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut @ 1,982876
    2 %3 Evenk + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 1,994683
    3 %3 Dolgan + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,01535
    4 %98 Kurd_Kurmanji + %2 Nganassan @ 2,159603
    5 %3 DA28_GoldenHordeMongol + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,215634
    6 %62 Lur_Iran + %38 Turk_Central_West @ 2,232917
    7 %3 Buryat + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,248245
    8 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Nenet @ 2,252277
    9 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Tuva @ 2,259285
    10 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Oroqen @ 2,313869
    11 %59 Lur_Iran + %41 Turk_Central_Black_Sea @ 2,34871
    12 %3 Ket + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,352158
    13 %56 Lur_Iran + %44 Turk_Central_East @ 2,370506
    14 %80 Kurd_Kurmanji + %20 Turk_South @ 2,373964
    15 %81 Kurd_Kurmanji + %19 Turk_Central_Black_Sea @ 2,397602
    16 %86 Kurd_Kurmanji + %14 Turk_Southwest @ 2,404118
    17 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Mongol_Khalka @ 2,409623
    18 %3 Kalmyk + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,410327
    19 %57 Lur_Iran + %43 Turk_South @ 2,413049
    20 %4 Altai + %96 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,416076
    
    
    Using 3 population approximation:
    1 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Greek_Cyprus @ 1,340797
    2 %88 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %9 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,344367
    3 %3 Evenk + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Greek_Cyprus @ 1,361035
    4 %3 Evenk + %88 Kurd_Kurmanji + %9 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,361507
    5 %3 Dolgan + %88 Kurd_Kurmanji + %9 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,369057
    6 %3 Dolgan + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Greek_Cyprus @ 1,38928
    7 %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %5 Hattian_Anatolia_BA @ 1,391131
    8 %3 Evenk + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Hattian_Anatolia_BA @ 1,398713
    9 %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %5 Sephardic_Jew @ 1,402766
    10 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Turk_Cyprus + %3 Yakut @ 1,40501
    11 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Turk_Cyprus @ 1,40501
    12 %3 Dolgan + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Hattian_Anatolia_BA @ 1,421937
    13 %3 Evenk + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Sephardic_Jew @ 1,422365
    14 %3 Evenk + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Turk_Cyprus @ 1,431476
    15 %3 Dolgan + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Turk_Cyprus @ 1,463384
    16 %3 Dolgan + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Sephardic_Jew @ 1,46734
    17 %87 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Nenet + %10 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,497142
    18 %91 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %6 Greek_Crete @ 1,527282
    19 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Lebanese @ 1,533675
    20 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Greek_Cappadocia @ 1,538933
    You seem to have some Turkic ancestry. Which province are you from? I would say Kahramanmaraş, I've seen Kurds with similar results from that province.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alkaevli For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (11-22-2018),  StarDS9 (10-20-2018)

  9. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    152
    Sex

    Kurdistan Adygea
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaevli View Post
    Your Oracle results (with out project's populations averages)

    Code:
    Using 1 population approximation:
    1 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 3,338997
    2 Azerbaijani_Iran @ 3,623603
    3 Turkmen_Iraq @ 4,287435
    4 Zaza @ 4,663829
    5 Azerbaijani @ 4,731596
    6 Azerbaijani_Turkey @ 4,832556
    7 Kurd_Sorani @ 5,184535
    8 Turk_Southeast @ 5,274571
    9 Talysh_Azerbaijan @ 6,38647
    10 Turk_East @ 7,013537
    11 Lur_Iran @ 7,32753
    12 Feyli_Iran @ 7,615228
    13 Turk_Central_East @ 9,270874
    14 Iranian @ 9,326269
    15 Turk_South @ 9,544663
    16 Turk_Central_Black_Sea @ 10,18657
    17 Iran_Iron_Age @ 10,494575
    18 Turk_Central_West @ 11,554445
    19 Azerbaijani_Dagestan @ 13,016866
    20 Assyrian @ 13,33564
    
    Using 2 population approximation:
    1 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut @ 1,982876
    2 %3 Evenk + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 1,994683
    3 %3 Dolgan + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,01535
    4 %98 Kurd_Kurmanji + %2 Nganassan @ 2,159603
    5 %3 DA28_GoldenHordeMongol + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,215634
    6 %62 Lur_Iran + %38 Turk_Central_West @ 2,232917
    7 %3 Buryat + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,248245
    8 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Nenet @ 2,252277
    9 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Tuva @ 2,259285
    10 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Oroqen @ 2,313869
    11 %59 Lur_Iran + %41 Turk_Central_Black_Sea @ 2,34871
    12 %3 Ket + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,352158
    13 %56 Lur_Iran + %44 Turk_Central_East @ 2,370506
    14 %80 Kurd_Kurmanji + %20 Turk_South @ 2,373964
    15 %81 Kurd_Kurmanji + %19 Turk_Central_Black_Sea @ 2,397602
    16 %86 Kurd_Kurmanji + %14 Turk_Southwest @ 2,404118
    17 %97 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Mongol_Khalka @ 2,409623
    18 %3 Kalmyk + %97 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,410327
    19 %57 Lur_Iran + %43 Turk_South @ 2,413049
    20 %4 Altai + %96 Kurd_Kurmanji @ 2,416076
    
    
    Using 3 population approximation:
    1 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Greek_Cyprus @ 1,340797
    2 %88 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %9 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,344367
    3 %3 Evenk + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Greek_Cyprus @ 1,361035
    4 %3 Evenk + %88 Kurd_Kurmanji + %9 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,361507
    5 %3 Dolgan + %88 Kurd_Kurmanji + %9 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,369057
    6 %3 Dolgan + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Greek_Cyprus @ 1,38928
    7 %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %5 Hattian_Anatolia_BA @ 1,391131
    8 %3 Evenk + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Hattian_Anatolia_BA @ 1,398713
    9 %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %5 Sephardic_Jew @ 1,402766
    10 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Turk_Cyprus + %3 Yakut @ 1,40501
    11 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Turk_Cyprus @ 1,40501
    12 %3 Dolgan + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Hattian_Anatolia_BA @ 1,421937
    13 %3 Evenk + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Sephardic_Jew @ 1,422365
    14 %3 Evenk + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Turk_Cyprus @ 1,431476
    15 %3 Dolgan + %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %7 Turk_Cyprus @ 1,463384
    16 %3 Dolgan + %92 Kurd_Kurmanji + %5 Sephardic_Jew @ 1,46734
    17 %87 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Nenet + %10 Arab_Alawite_Turkey @ 1,497142
    18 %91 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %6 Greek_Crete @ 1,527282
    19 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Lebanese @ 1,533675
    20 %90 Kurd_Kurmanji + %3 Yakut + %7 Greek_Cappadocia @ 1,538933
    You seem to have some Turkic ancestry. Which province are you from? I would say Kahramanmaraş, I've seen Kurds with similar results from that province.
    Maras/Malatya Kurds have Circassian mixture from all the results I have seen mine,mother,cousin and gedmatch relatives, with some having Turkish mixture as well. His Caucasian score is lower and has higher South West Asian, where Maras Kurds have higher Caucasian and lower SWA compared to the average Kurd.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to StarDS9 For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (11-22-2018)

  11. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    152
    Sex

    Kurdistan Adygea
    Quote Originally Posted by Mori yek View Post
    Did you include west armenians in the modellings? Considering that most of my kurmanji and zaza matches have west armenian matches, I am sure there is some of this admixture among the kurds of the region but I don't know how much. (speaking of me, I have armenian matches who have origins from malatya and harput which make perfectly sense)

    What I wonder is, whether kurmanji already were similar to iranian azeris and have same origin, or whether kurmanji and zaza are mainly central/western iranian + pre-kurdish population of the region.
    I think it is a mystery of how Kurmanji speakers got so large in Turkey, its like 15+ million. Question is how did this number get so large? from ancient sources I have read East Anatolia was mostly Armenian and Assyrian. Kurmanji is most similar to Sorani and they are mostly located in North Iraq and Kurdisan Province Iran. If I had make the best guess, Kurmanji speakers were likely originaly located in Urmia and further south and expanded north west during or after the Sassanids and Kurdified/mixed with Anatolians. Zaza speakers also likely originated somewhere in North Iran as well.

    Also how similar is the Old Iranic Azeri language to Kurmanji? From some wiki entries I have seen, it seems to be more similar to Zazaki. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Azeri_language
    Last edited by StarDS9; 11-18-2018 at 11:46 PM.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StarDS9 For This Useful Post:

     DMXX (11-18-2018)

  13. #9
    Administrator
    Posts
    3,247
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    R2a*-M124 (L295-)
    mtDNA
    D4j5*

    England
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDS9 View Post
    Also how similar is the Old Iranic Azeri language to Kurmanji?
    There's a complex set of isoglosses between all of the NW Iranic languages which are either exclusive or inclusive. For example, gender retention is kept in Kurmanji (this is typical of NW Iranic) but lost in Sorani and Gorani (alongside most other W Iranic languages). The Kurdish languages also lack the initial (f)r/(x)r>(h)r consonant shift that's seen in the others (except for Balochi). Kurdish does share a set of enclitics with other NW Iranic languages that appears to have been modified in Persian, which is an archaism going back to ancient times, though Kurmanji shares an absence of personal enclitics with Old Azeri.

    There's the curious division between the Iranian languages WRT noun-adjective typologies, which defies the conventional split of Iranian languages into NW, SW and E. Linguists have identified that the Kurdish languages share the same morphology with Persian, whereas all the other NW Iranian languages (plus an isolated, Turkified variant of Persian called "Tati Persian" spoken in the Republic of Azerbaijan) belong to another.

    Vocabulary comparisons between Old Azeri and Kurmanji won't be especially useful, as the majority of the West Iranian languages have conserved a large number of core terms. Kurmanji and Old Azeri look about as similar to me side-to-side as any one of them does to Gilaki or Mazandarani. Depending on the core lexical terms, one could gerrymander the lists to make any particular modern NW Iranic language look more or less distant to Old Azeri or Parthian relative to the others.

    Old Azeri is probably closer to Kurmanji than it is to Sorani or Gorani due to more shared isoglosses, but I haven't seen any linguists determining it is particularly close. There was a field expedition of rural Azerbaijan province in Iran around the 1960's that found a "sharp demarcation" linguistically between the continuous areas where relatives of Talysh and Tati exist (the "Pahlavan" dialects) with Kurdish. Talysh, Tati and those dialects are all variously linked to Old Azeri by linguists.

    On that basis, I suppose the conclusion would be "not particularly close for a NW Iranian language based on what the linguists currently know".

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DMXX For This Useful Post:

     Jatt1 (11-22-2018),  StarDS9 (11-19-2018),  Talati (01-05-2019)

  15. #10
    Registered Users
    Posts
    152
    Sex

    Kurdistan Adygea
    Quote Originally Posted by DMXX View Post
    There's a complex set of isoglosses between all of the NW Iranic languages which are either exclusive or inclusive. For example, gender retention is kept in Kurmanji (this is typical of NW Iranic) but lost in Sorani and Gorani (alongside most other W Iranic languages). The Kurdish languages also lack the initial (f)r/(x)r>(h)r consonant shift that's seen in the others (except for Balochi). Kurdish does share a set of enclitics with other NW Iranic languages that appears to have been modified in Persian, which is an archaism going back to ancient times, though Kurmanji shares an absence of personal enclitics with Old Azeri.

    There's the curious division between the Iranian languages WRT noun-adjective typologies, which defies the conventional split of Iranian languages into NW, SW and E. Linguists have identified that the Kurdish languages share the same morphology with Persian, whereas all the other NW Iranian languages (plus an isolated, Turkified variant of Persian called "Tati Persian" spoken in the Republic of Azerbaijan) belong to another.

    Vocabulary comparisons between Old Azeri and Kurmanji won't be especially useful, as the majority of the West Iranian languages have conserved a large number of core terms. Kurmanji and Old Azeri look about as similar to me side-to-side as any one of them does to Gilaki or Mazandarani. Depending on the core lexical terms, one could gerrymander the lists to make any particular modern NW Iranic language look more or less distant to Old Azeri or Parthian relative to the others.

    Old Azeri is probably closer to Kurmanji than it is to Sorani or Gorani due to more shared isoglosses, but I haven't seen any linguists determining it is particularly close. There was a field expedition of rural Azerbaijan province in Iran around the 1960's that found a "sharp demarcation" linguistically between the continuous areas where relatives of Talysh and Tati exist (the "Pahlavan" dialects) with Kurdish. Talysh, Tati and those dialects are all variously linked to Old Azeri by linguists.

    On that basis, I suppose the conclusion would be "not particularly close for a NW Iranian language based on what the linguists currently know".
    Kurmanji along with Zazaki both have also retained "I" Ez . Where as Sorani and Gorani just use Min/Man just like Persian does.

    I have also noticed that Kurmanji has dropped "d" in some word endings like Kirin instead of Kirdin(Sorani) and Mirin instead of Mirdin(Sorani) Xwarin instead of Xwardin(Sorani). Where as Zazaki has retained the "d" like Sorani and Gorani.

    Kurmanji has essentially shortened words compared to other Kurdish languages and Persian. Another example Dot for Daughter instead of Dokhtar and Bira instead of Biradar.
    Last edited by StarDS9; 11-27-2018 at 11:19 PM.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to StarDS9 For This Useful Post:

     DMXX (11-29-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-29-2017, 01:57 AM
  2. FTDNA BY SNP Details
    By Wing Genealogist in forum R1b-P312
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-27-2016, 04:31 PM
  3. PATERNAL LINE E-CTS2500; any details on it
    By Missouri1455 in forum E
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2016, 10:26 PM
  4. Oldest ancient-human DNA details dawn of Neanderthals
    By PLogan in forum Ancient (aDNA)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 06:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •