Thread: Whole genome: Basic analysis with ancestry reports vs Whole genome: Advanced Variant

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1a-L1029>Y133383
    mtDNA (M)
    H11a2*-146+
    Y-DNA (M)
    J2b-L283>PH1751
    mtDNA (P)
    T1a1I

Albania Kosovo Macedonia United States of America Sweden Greece

Whole genome: Basic analysis with ancestry reports vs Whole genome: Advanced Variant

What are these new products over at FullGenomes? I did the Yelite program but apparently I have the option to purchase ancestry reports? Can anyone explain this for me?

Is this a autosomal report done by fullgenomes? What are the difference with the above 2 new products?

Lastly is it worth it? How intricate are the results?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-Y19211*
    mtDNA (M)
    H1af

Any news about the differences between these two analysis? Specially the "advanced" one

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-FGC29071
    mtDNA (M)
    U5a1b1g*

Ireland England Netherlands Germany France
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibran View Post
    What are these new products over at FullGenomes? I did the Yelite program but apparently I have the option to purchase ancestry reports? Can anyone explain this for me?
    ]
    I'm sure Justin will correct me if I'm missing something but neither of these reports is appropriate for a Y Elite customer. Way back in 2015 I did an off-target read analysis for the atDNA segments in the BAMs, which was included in the original Which Y-DNA NGS test to Take? entry of my blog. The result is that you do find 25% of each chromosome has hits with at least a single read, but nothing much is callable. You really want at least 8 reads stacked in the heterozygous regions to be reasonably confident.

Keep in mind the offerings page is really a full catalog of their offerings. It's small enough that targeting them to customers really doesn't make a lot of sense.

The $75 dollar analysis would be for those who had their WGS test done by Dante or Veritas, and wants a break down of the pertinent Y and mtDNA calls like you received in the Y Elite. You probably also get some of the other reports they do for their in-house test, but haven't seen one.

Company Rep Account
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Any news about the differences between these two analysis? Specially the "advanced" one
    Basic analysis: variant files, Y reports, and mtdna reports, as well as Gedmatch compatible files. (This comes with our whole genome test)

Advanced analysis: variant report on significant (i.e. harmful) variants in your WGS report (reviewed by a certified medical geneticist).

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA (M)
    H5r*

Quote Originally Posted by FGC Corp View Post
    Basic analysis: variant files, Y reports, and mtdna reports, as well as Gedmatch compatible files. (This comes with our whole genome test)

Advanced analysis: variant report on significant (i.e. harmful) variants in your WGS report (reviewed by a certified medical geneticist).
    So how if at all do these relate to the analysis you did for my in-house WGS (kit GWK3W) in 2015? Which I thought was pretty good/detailed at the time.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019, Dante Mar 2019, FGC-10X Linked Reads Apr 2019, Dante-Nanopore May 2019, Chronomics Jan 2020, Sano Genetics Feb 2020, Nebula Genomics June 2020)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content
    FBIMatch: A------ (autosomal DNA) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT

Company Rep Account
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by MacUalraig View Post
    So how if at all do these relate to the analysis you did for my in-house WGS (kit GWK3W) in 2015? Which I thought was pretty good/detailed at the time.
    The advanced variant analysis is done by a PhD in medical genetics. That analysis is specific for health-related questions.

Qualifications of the analyst for the Advanced Variant product:

Fellows possess a relevant doctoral degree and a current and active general certificate issued by the ABMGG in one of the following specialties: Clinical Genetics, Clinical Biochemical Genetics, Clinical Cytogenetics or Clinical Molecular Genetics or an equivalent issued by the CCMG or the RCPS.
    The difference between this report and the report that is received from Promethease is that this report only includes variants that have been certified by medical geneticists.

Many public tools, including Promethease, report variants that are not valid.
    Last edited by FGC Corp; 11-30-2018 at 11:17 PM.