Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 23andme is really fast nowadays!

Registered Users
    Sex

23andme is really fast nowadays!

I registered my kit on November 14, it arrived at the lab on November 16, went through the prepping, extraction, and genotyping steps, now it's on to reviewing as of today, November 20. My results are expected on November 30 but I think they'll be ready sooner than that. It's pretty crazy. I remember back when I did 23andme on v4, it took a month and a half for my results to be ready. Is this normal for 23andme to be so fast now? I got the Ancestry only test, so maybe that's why?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ianz91 For This Useful Post:

JonikW (11-21-2018),  Ruderico (11-21-2018)

Banned
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Luso-American
    Nationality
    American

Portugal United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by ianz91 View Post
    I registered my kit on November 14, it arrived at the lab on November 16, went through the prepping, extraction, and genotyping steps, now it's on to reviewing as of today, November 20. My results are expected on November 30 but I think they'll be ready sooner than that. It's pretty crazy. I remember back when I did 23andme on v4, it took a month and a half for my results to be ready. Is this normal for 23andme to be so fast now? I got the Ancestry only test, so maybe that's why?
    What ethnicity are you? And didn't you already have a 23andme account? Maybe were cousins

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R-Z9
    mtDNA
    H3

United States of America Japan England Scotland Germany
    How quickly did you get your reports back? Just wondering because I bought my husband a kit when the Ancestry+Health one was Amazon's $99 Deal of the Day. It was received it on Dec. 2nd and it's already in the analysis phase as of yesterday, three days later. I remember when I did mine last year, it took the full 8 weeks.

Gold Member Class
    Sex
    mtDNA
    U1a1c1d

India United States of America
    It's everywhere now as well, I can literally walk across the street to get an ancestry kit at Target. 5 years ago it was a lengthy, "top secret" process.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by jshook View Post
    How quickly did you get your reports back? Just wondering because I bought my husband a kit when the Ancestry+Health one was Amazon's $99 Deal of the Day. It was received it on Dec. 2nd and it's already in the analysis phase as of yesterday, three days later. I remember when I did mine last year, it took the full 8 weeks.

Hey sorry for the late response, I got my reports back on November 21, so it was really fast.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R-Z9
    mtDNA
    H3

United States of America Japan England Scotland Germany
    Hey sorry for the late response, I got my reports back on November 21, so it was really fast.
    Awesome, thanks. My husband's came today, 13 days after it was received. So that's pretty insane.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Samoan

Samoa American Samoa China
    12 days after they received the sample. This was during the recent christmas period too.

Sex
    Ethnicity
    North Atlantic
    Nationality
    Canadian

Canada England Mexico Northern Ireland Spain
    I got my results a couple of weeks ago, but the whole process took less than 2 weeks, pretty good

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackbeard For This Useful Post:

Geborgenheit (01-11-2019)

Hi guys im new to the forum and i want to have my dna tested, what's the best company to do this in terms of the info you get in relation to what you pay, since there are so many of them?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Pictland/Deira
    Y-DNA
    R1b-M222-FGC5864
    mtDNA
    H5r*

Depends on your yardstick. The best package of data/money I would say is the 23andMe chip which has some respectable Y SNPs as well as the autosomal and mtDNA. But its database isn't on a par with the Ancestry one which is massive (10M+, 14M kits shipped). Ancestry are let down by their antiquated Y SNP selection.
    YSEQ:#37; YFull: YF01405 (Y Elite 2013)
    GEDMatch: A828783 (autosomal DNA), 9427684 (GEDCOM) for segment matching DO NOT POST ADMIXTURE REPORTS USING MY KIT
    WGS (Full Genomes Nov 2015, YSEQ Feb 2019) - further WGS tests pending ;-)
    Ancestry GCs: Scots in central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland; English in Yorkshire & Pennines
    Hidden Content

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MacUalraig For This Useful Post:

ianz91 (01-20-2019)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast