Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: E-P252

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    931
    Sex
    Location
    England
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

    United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China Qing Dynasty

    E-P252

    I'm trying to find out more about E-P252. Our male Mauritian and Malagasy matches are all E-P252 on 23andme but I can't seem to find all that much about it.
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    1,619
    Sex
    Location
    Calgary
    Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Nationality
    Canadian
    Y-DNA (P)
    I2-S2361 < L801
    mtDNA (M)
    H2a2b(1)
    mtDNA (P)
    H3

    Canada
    E-P252 is better known as E-U174, a major subclade of E1b1a1-M2. It originated and grew rapidly about 5000 years ago, probably in West Africa. It is very common in West Africa and throughout Bantu-speaking populations of the rest of Africa as well as the African diaspora. In Madagascar and Mauritius it'll be of East African Bantu (Swahili, Mozambican, etc) descent. Doesn't narrow anything down much I'm afraid.

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megalophias For This Useful Post:

     Farroukh (12-29-2018),  JFWinstone (11-22-2018),  NetNomad (11-22-2018)

  4. #3
    Registered Users
    Posts
    366
    Sex

    Quote Originally Posted by Megalophias View Post
    E-P252 is better known as E-U174, a major subclade of E1b1a1-M2. It originated and grew rapidly about 5000 years ago, probably in West Africa. It is very common in West Africa and throughout Bantu-speaking populations of the rest of Africa as well as the African diaspora. In Madagascar and Mauritius it'll be of East African Bantu (Swahili, Mozambican, etc) descent. Doesn't narrow anything down much I'm afraid.

    https://www.yfull.com/tree/E-U174/

    Yep, it's quite a diverse sub-clade.

    Most likely a Mauritian will be one of these (carried by LWK and/or Middle Easterners with Swahili coast ancestors):

    E-Z5962
    E-Y32545
    E-CTS9106
    E-CTS67
    E-Z1647

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

     JFWinstone (11-22-2018),  Megalophias (11-22-2018)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    931
    Sex
    Location
    England
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

    United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China Qing Dynasty
    Thank you I'm still trying to get one of my maternal uncles to test so we can find out my grandfather's Y DNA. We know my grandfather's paternal line goes back to slaves taken supposedly from Mozambique or at least that's what the records say.
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

  7. #5
    Registered Users
    Posts
    119
    Sex
    Omitted
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-S20782
    mtDNA (M)
    K1a4
    Y-DNA (M)
    G-L497

    Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by JFWinstone View Post
    Thank you I'm still trying to get one of my maternal uncles to test so we can find out my grandfather's Y DNA. We know my grandfather's paternal line goes back to slaves taken supposedly from Mozambique or at least that's what the records say.
    In the project YDNA of Your Matches I'm managing here:
    https://asquecco.000webhostapp.com/
    you can see all the participants have a match E-P252.
    My 2 E-P252 matches seem to be both from Jamaica.
    Adriano

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to asquecco For This Useful Post:

     JFWinstone (11-22-2018)

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    931
    Sex
    Location
    England
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    British

    United Kingdom Netherlands Mauritius Madagascar India China Qing Dynasty
    I took a look at the aggregated data for mum's matches and she has 5 on 23andme who are E-P252 and 2 Malagasy, 1 Jamaican, 1 African American and 1 Australian with unknown lineage. She also has a few African American and Dominican with different E haplogroups (E-M132, E-M215, E-V13)
    Ethnogene: 51.4% NW European, 21.6% W European, 10.1% Southeastern African, 9.5% Southeast Asian, 4.4% South Asian, 2% Scandinavian, 1% East African
    Papertrail @ 2xggrandparents: 37.5% London, 25% Dorset, 25% Mauritius, 6.25% Netherlands, 6.25% Hampshire

  10. #7
    Junior Member
    Posts
    3
    Sex
    Location
    USA
    Ethnicity
    Black
    Nationality
    American
    mtDNA (M)
    L3e1a3
    Y-DNA (M)
    E-M263.2
    mtDNA (P)
    E-P252

    United States of America Nigeria Angola
    E-P252 is very common among black-Americans and Nigerians. My maternal grandfather's line is E-P252.

  11. #8
    Junior Member
    Posts
    1
    Sex
    Nationality
    African-American

    I found out through 23 and Me that I am part of haplogroup E-P252. I am African-American and my largest single block of African blood is from Nigeria, but like many other new World Afrikans, there is also blood from all throughout West Africa. I would like to learn more about E-P252 and connect with others if possible.

  12. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    43
    Sex
    Location
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Ethnicity
    African-American
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-L485
    mtDNA (M)
    L2a1f

    United States of America Nigeria Ghana
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuta View Post
    I found out through 23 and Me that I am part of haplogroup E-P252. I am African-American and my largest single block of African blood is from Nigeria, but like many other new World Afrikans, there is also blood from all throughout West Africa. I would like to learn more about E-P252 and connect with others if possible.
    I belong to haplogroup E-L485 (E1b1a1a1f).

    Your haplogroup is a descendant of mines, a difference between the two of around 5,000 years or 200 generations. E-P252(aka E1b1a7a or E1b1a1a1f1a1) is believed to have originated near Western Central Africa and is very prevalent in Nigeria and Gabon. Since you're E-P252, most likely there is a connection between that and your Nigerian ancestry on your paternal line.

    Does 23andme states that you share a common paternal ancestor with Pharaoh Ramses III?
    Last edited by Marv; 11-03-2019 at 01:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •