Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A2am Venezuela

  1. #1
    Registered Users
    Posts
    26
    Sex
    Location
    France
    Ethnicity
    NW European (flags)
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U106>>FGC17465+
    mtDNA (M)
    A2am

    France Normandie France Bretagne Kroaz Du

    A2am Venezuela

    Looking for any information on A2am mtdna lineage.
    Maternal line traced back to Venezuela, end of the 18th century.
    Phylotree : A2 (C64T) G16129A! T6253C T15229C G15314A

  2. #2
    Registered Users
    Posts
    26
    Sex
    Location
    France
    Ethnicity
    NW European (flags)
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U106>>FGC17465+
    mtDNA (M)
    A2am

    France Normandie France Bretagne Kroaz Du
    Here (https://www.mthaplogroup.org/) it is said that A2am was found in "Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Italy, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, United States and Venezuela" without any information from where these data are coming.
    According to these data, A2am seems to be mainly present in the Greater Caribbean, which may suggest that A2am was a Taino (arawak) or caribbean lineage.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BYLM For This Useful Post:

     Helgenes50 (11-27-2018)

  4. #3
    Gold Class Member
    Posts
    2,577
    Sex
    Location
    Brittany
    Ethnicity
    NW European
    Y-DNA (P)
    I-L813 >Y36690
    mtDNA (M)
    H3s
    mtDNA (P)
    H3s

    Normandie France Bretagne
    Quote Originally Posted by BYLM View Post
    Here (https://www.mthaplogroup.org/) it is said that A2am was found in "Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Italy, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago, United States and Venezuela" without any information from where these data are coming.
    According to these data, A2am seems to be mainly present in the Greater Caribbean, which may suggest that A2am was a Taino (arawak) or caribbean lineage.
    The last topic treated by Bernard on his blog, is precisely related to the origin of your branch and in the paper* you can find a Mitochondrial DNA Phylogeny

    http://secher.bernard.free.fr/blog/index.php?

    * https://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S...674(18)31380-1
    Recent Ancestry, full Normand. Known Genealogy 7/8 of the Cotentin peninsula 1/8 region of Coutances. Unfortunately, there are many missing branches on the maternal side.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Helgenes50 For This Useful Post:

     BYLM (11-27-2018)

  6. #4
    Registered Users
    Posts
    26
    Sex
    Location
    France
    Ethnicity
    NW European (flags)
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U106>>FGC17465+
    mtDNA (M)
    A2am

    France Normandie France Bretagne Kroaz Du
    FTDNA Country Report: mtDNA Haplogroup A2am

    Maternal Origin* - N- %
    Puerto Rico - 26 - 72.22%
    Spain - 6 - 16.67%
    Venezuela - 2 - 5.56%
    England - 1 - 2.78%
    US Native American - 1 - 2.78%

    *All origins are self-reported by the participants and may not reflect accurate haplogroup origins.

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Posts
    4
    Sex
    Location
    La Plata, Argentina
    Ethnicity
    European descent
    Nationality
    ARG
    Y-DNA (P)
    J1
    mtDNA (M)
    L1b1a12

    Argentina Spain Italy
    Quote Originally Posted by BYLM View Post
    Looking for any information on A2am mtdna lineage.
    Maternal line traced back to Venezuela, end of the 18th century.
    Phylotree : A2 (C64T) G16129A! T6253C T15229C G15314A
    Hi, there exist only 20 full mtDNAs assignable to A2am pubicly available so far, derived from USA and Puerto Rico. Assignation to A2m based only in HVR1+2 data based on the īresence of 16129 can be missleading.

    Best,

    Claudio

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmbravi For This Useful Post:

     BYLM (12-15-2018),  RCO (12-11-2018)

  9. #6
    Registered Users
    Posts
    101
    Sex
    Location
    Russia
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Nationality
    Russian Federation
    Y-DNA (P)
    Q1b1a (L245)
    mtDNA (M)
    J1c2

    Russian Federation Ukraine Israel Kazakhstan
    id:KM656457.1 VEN
    id:KM656458.1 VEN

    https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2/

    Of course it is very interesting to see Russians (most likely they are not Russians, but peoples of Siberia) in the same sub-warehouse together with Greenlanders and Native Americans.
    https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2a/
    https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2b1*/
    Ex oriente lux
    Hidden Content

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Шад For This Useful Post:

     BYLM (03-17-2019)

  11. #7
    Registered Users
    Posts
    26
    Sex
    Location
    France
    Ethnicity
    NW European (flags)
    Nationality
    French
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-U106>>FGC17465+
    mtDNA (M)
    A2am

    France Normandie France Bretagne Kroaz Du
    Quote Originally Posted by Шад View Post
    id:KM656457.1 VEN
    id:KM656458.1 VEN

    https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2/

    Of course it is very interesting to see Russians (most likely they are not Russians, but peoples of Siberia) in the same sub-warehouse together with Greenlanders and Native Americans.
    https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2a/
    https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2b1*/
    Thank you ! I did not know that Y full had also made a mtdna tree : on line since 14 march.

    These lineages A2a and A2b1 were probably brought by the last migrations from Siberia to Alaska: paleo-eskimo or Thule people.

    For me, since I have T6253C, T15229C and G15314A, I am A2am https://www.yfull.com/mtree/A2-a2/ like the 2 USA individuals, who are probably from Porto-Rico.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BYLM For This Useful Post:

     Шад (03-20-2019)

  13. #8
    Registered Users
    Posts
    22
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R-FGC21129
    mtDNA (M)
    A2al

    Panama
    My mitochondrial DNA haplogroup is A2al. Is it possible to find out if someone is related to a specific tribe, like taino, looking at your mitochondrial haplogroup?

  14. #9
    Registered Users
    Posts
    125
    Sex

    Venezuela Spain
    Thatīs cool!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •