Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Who are the Palestinian Arabs, and how "indigenous" are they to Israel/Palestine?

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    R1a1a
    mtDNA
    H

United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikl86 View Post
    The claim that Lebanese are AUTOSOMALLY closer to Saudis or Yemenites (ie - Arabs) than, say, Lebanese are to either Western Jews or East Mediterraneans in general, is not so solid.

Check out both Global25 AND Lukasz' K36 PCAs showing that Lebanese and Druze actually plot slightly closer to East Mediterranean populations (Aegean Greeks like Cypriots and especially Western Jews) than to Saudis or Yemenis:

Global25:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Crh...cleD3U3xD/view

K36:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jhi...OxHiqUalc/view

I think the fact that they both seem to belong to same linguistic, cultural and religious sphere makes many of us to assume that Lebanese are closer to a Yemenite Arab than to, say, a Cypriot or a Dodecanese Greek (or to Sephardi Jews).
    They look intermediate between Sicilians/Maltese/Cretans/Jews and Yemenis.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sikeliot For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (04-03-2019),  Erikl86 (04-03-2019),  hartaisarlag (04-03-2019),  Power77 (04-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Ashkenazi Jew
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    Q-Y2750
    mtDNA
    H47

United States of America Israel
    I actually think Ahed Tamimi and the blonde Syrian girl look very Jewish and at least substantially Levantine. Again, I'm focusing on facial features, not color. Ahed Tamimi look almost identical to many blonde Ashkenazi Jews I know who have distinctly Jewish looks.

(I do have a background in visual arts and specifically portraiture, so I probably notice these things more than the average person.)
    Last edited by jonahst; 04-03-2019 at 02:10 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jonahst For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (04-03-2019),  Erikl86 (04-03-2019),  hartaisarlag (04-03-2019),  Lank (04-03-2019),  Power77 (04-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Western Jewish
    Nationality
    USA
    Y-DNA
    E-Y6938

Quote Originally Posted by Sikeliot View Post
    They look intermediate between Sicilians/Maltese/Cretans/Jews and Yemenis.
    Shh, don't tell Nassim Taleb.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hartaisarlag For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (04-03-2019),  Nebuchadnezzar II (04-05-2019),  Power77 (04-03-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    TBT

Lebanon Phoenicia
    Quote Originally Posted by hartaisarlag View Post
    Shh, don't tell Nassim Taleb.
    100% south European.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Moe12 For This Useful Post:

hartaisarlag (04-05-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Semitic and CeltoGermanic
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA
    E-BY63615 (E-M84-B)
    mtDNA
    U2e1a1/H13a2c1

Palestine Lebanon United Kingdom Ireland Germany Israel
    What about the argument that Palestinians are Ishmaelites? (according to Christian Zionism) They say that God gave the Land of Israel to the descendants of Isaac and Jacob, not the descendants of Hagar and Ishmael. But where is the proof that Palestinians are Ishmaelites? Because I for one don't believe it. I even once read an online article on an American Christian website written by a Palestinian Christian saying he was confused about his identity and his Christian beliefs, because white American Evangelical Christians had obviously convinced him he was a descendant of Biblical Ishmaelites. Oh, the shame. Yes, this is exactly why Isaac is a common Palestinian Christian surname and not Ishmael. Right.
    SHLAMA ܫܠܡܐ

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FaerieQueene For This Useful Post:

hartaisarlag (04-06-2019),  jonahst (04-07-2019)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA
    I-Y16419
    mtDNA
    T2e1

I mean sure most likely a tall blonde blue eyed pale person with a long head and a small nose would have North European origins, while a dark skinned person with curly hair and African facial features would most likely be of Sub Saharan origin (mainly), but to tell the difference between one Mediterranean person to another? that's almost bound to fail.
    I know I'm late to all this, but I always thought North Europeans have large, long, magnificent noses, almost the same length as inner peninsular Arabs.

a small north euro nose is just propaganda. haha
    Last edited by IronHorse; 04-12-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak

Registered Users
    Y-DNA
    I-Y16419
    mtDNA
    T2e1

The claim that Lebanese are AUTOSOMALLY closer to Saudis or Yemenites (ie - Arabs) than, say, Lebanese are to either Western Jews or East Mediterraneans in general, is not so solid.

Check out both Global25 AND Lukasz' K36 PCAs showing that Lebanese and Druze actually plot slightly closer to East Mediterranean populations (Aegean Greeks like Cypriots and especially Western Jews) than to Saudis or Yemenis:

Global25:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Crh...cleD3U3xD/view

K36:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jhi...OxHiqUalc/view

I think the fact that they both seem to belong to same linguistic, cultural and religious sphere makes many of us to assume that Lebanese are closer to a Yemenite Arab than to, say, a Cypriot or a Dodecanese Greek (or to Sephardi Jews).
    Saudis and Highland Yemenis are far from everyone, they are alone genetically, in their own corner.

even their father was lonely: his hand shall be against every man, and every man’s hand against him.
    Corruption of the soul is a fate that befalls the weak

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920