Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Turkey Egypt Russian Federation Saudi Arabia Iraq

Inaccurate Results

So, even though my mom's results were mixed up, I was curious what I could get. So I tested. My results showed I was 100% Asian, but when they phased my results with my mom's adoptive family, my results were changed to 89% African. I know my mom's and my own results were accurate originally but now it's not.

I'm just disappointed. I tried discussing this on 23andMe forum but the people there were very rude and just tried convincing me these mistakes are accurate and justified 23andMe censoring me.

I thought to try 23andMe after keep getting different results from AncestryDNA.

My results were based upon the people who adopted my mom, but they're unwilling to change it back to the accurate results.

I've just been wanting to get closure for my mom who was adopted internationally. Originally, it said the ancestral location was Russia, but also from West Asia and other regions. I've been wanting to get this adoption mystery finally solved.

I have been recently sharing our story, but I've been wanting to ask someone else for assistance since 23andMe couldn't help my mom and I. I just hate no one wants to own up to their mistakes.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Nationality
    American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E-V13
    mtDNA (M)
    H24a1

Ireland Germany Palatinate Cornwall Germany Bayern Switzerland Netherlands
    I think this forum may be a bit more helpful if you could share your old and new results. When a parent and child are phased out typically improves the precision of the results from that parent. It's not always perfect (my results contribute ethnic groups to each parent of which their own results do not include, but only in small percentages) but overall it just cross checks the guess-work done on a single test.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to greerpalmer For This Useful Post:

Scarlet Ibis (12-13-2018)

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Nationality
    American

United States of America Turkey Egypt Russian Federation Saudi Arabia Iraq
    I don't have the different other results my mom's results were changed to, nor my own. I only have the recent results, which I feel is not accurate.

Now since I had this problem elsewhere, I am showing only the most recent change which was a drastic change. It changed from Asian to African but I do know my results were based from the people who adopted my mom.

I mostly want help in locating my mom's biological family. She has been wanting to find closure to her adoptive background.

Here is only the recent change:

Screenshot_20181206-190014.png

Screenshot_20181206-201033.png