Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The genetic makings of South Asia – IVC as Proto-Dravidian

Registered Users

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterne View Post
    Yes, the original paper had 56 samples as I count from the supplement, so it's a good probability these outliers have come from doubling the sample size and were not present in that release.

It seems like the median/mean for the main cluster from Reich's graphic is slightly different from Poi's, but not hugely; might come from different methodology or how new samples have shifted mean.

I'd note the two outliers are not *that* extreme though (not that I think you have the impression they are, but for the thread) - ANI is fits as about 70:30 Swat Outlier:Swat main, if the plot is accurate, and the prior work from Narasimhan's paper stated that Kalash basically 100% ANI. If the latter holds and solve for those two for the stats we have and the outcome is basically like Tajiks with higher AASI and less (probably none) of the low level East Asian related ancestry Tajiks have (but more ENA ancestry overall, than Tajiks, about same as Kalash).
    This is the problem again with Narsimhan's model you cannot have fixed ANI or ASI proxies for some groups the Steppe component would be vastly more ie forsome of those Rors , I would conjecture an "ANI" population which was roughly 65-75% Steppe MLBA for them , for others groups a 70% Iran related /30% Steppe works as well. So basically there is no fixed "ANI" or "ASI" proportion.

Over 3 years I have always stated its a wonky model it went from
    1) West Eurasian + South Eurasian
    2) Steppe EBA + CHG + AASI
    3) Steppe MLBA + Iran_N + ASI
    4) Steppe MLBA + IVCp along with IVCp + AASI for ASI , IVCp is Iran_N + AASI + WSHG
    5) The tentative model now is IVCp + Steppe MLBA + AASI but leaving out many large South Asian populations , ie Bengalis, Sindhis, Gujars for having too much African and/or ENA. Now the irony is Sindhi populations come from the main region where the IVC existed , yet they were not included in the paper , ditto the Baloch/Brahui , who while having an extra Seh Gabi like ancestry are still an important group.
    Last edited by pegasus; 01-07-2019 at 12:08 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

bmoney (01-07-2019),  poi (01-07-2019),  Sapporo (01-07-2019)

Registered Users

Afghanistan Jammu and Kashmir United States of America Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoney View Post
    So thats what the Indo Aryans resembled upon entry into SA? Fascinating
    Based of the Steppe outliers, in the new graphics , very Tajik like.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:

agent_lime (01-07-2019),  bmoney (01-07-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12