Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do the South Sudanese like the Dinka have West Eurasian/North African admixture?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered Users
    Sex

Do the South Sudanese like the Dinka have West Eurasian/North African admixture?

Or are they 0% like the Yoruba & Mota?

I ask because I noticed that they carry E-V22 at a moderate frequency and this lineage is relatively close to Greco-Illyrian-Levantine E-V13 as well as the lineage of the IberoMaurusians. It peaks in the Saho as well. So, I highly doubt it was carried by Nilotes originally.

Registered Users
    Sex

Is Neanderthal admixture detected in them? Just wondering.

Recently, a Nuer person posting on the 23andme subreddit said they had 20 Neanderthal variants. That's all I can contribute.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Numidian For This Useful Post:

Alfa (01-06-2020),  Angoliga (06-21-2019),  beyoku (02-12-2019),  Megalophias (12-30-2018),  NetNomad (12-31-2018),  Nimrod Son of Cush (01-21-2019),  Power77 (02-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Numidian View Post
    Recently, a Nuer person posting on the 23andme subreddit said they had 20 Neanderthal variants. That's all I can contribute.
    Interesting. I am sharing with one Southern North Sudanese (likely from a Nilotic ethnic group - I think Nuba) who has 48 Neanderthal variants.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA (P)
    R1b-DF27 FGC17112
    mtDNA (M)
    H5a1

Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    Or are they 0% like the Yoruba & Mota?

I ask because I noticed that they carry E-V22 at a moderate frequency and this lineage is relatively close to Greco-Illyrian-Levantine E-V13 as well as the lineage of the IberoMaurusians. It peaks in the Saho as well. So, I highly doubt it was carried by Nilotes originally.
    Yoruba and Mota are not 0%. That's not all either

Registered Users
    Sex
    Ethnicity
    Multi-ethnic Belizean
    Nationality
    Belizean/American
    Y-DNA (P)
    E1b1a1g1, Q1a3a1
    mtDNA (M)
    L2b2, L3e2b

Belize CARICOM United States of America African Union Belize
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rohlfsen View Post
    Yoruba and Mota are not 0%. That's not all either
    Can you please elaborate?

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    H-Z4417
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d

carry E-V22 at a moderate frequency and this lineage is relatively close to Greco-Illyrian-Levantine E-V13 as well as the lineage of the IberoMaurusians.
    E-V22 seems to be very widespread in the Middle East. Apparently Ramesses III was E-V22 according to some site that analysed his y-STR results.
    Maybe Ancient Egyptians spread it in their immediate neighbourhood down south, along with the West Eurasian auDNA.

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by thejkhan View Post
    E-V22 seems to be very widespread in the Middle East. Apparently Ramesses III was E-V22 according to some site that analysed his y-STR results.
    Maybe Ancient Egyptians spread it in their immediate neighbourhood down south, along with the West Eurasian auDNA.
    Yeah, but the 'original'/first population that had E-V22 must have been autosomally similar to the IberoMaurusians (clustering somewhere around North Africans).

During the Green Sahara E-M78 spread all over the place.

Also, some Nilotic A-M13 lineages spread to the Mediterranean (multi-directional geneflow):

https://www.yfull.com/tree/A-M13/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NetNomad For This Useful Post:

Angoliga (02-17-2019),  Power77 (02-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Y-DNA (P)
    H-Z4417
    mtDNA (M)
    M3d

Yeah, but the 'original'/first population that had E-V22 must have been autosomally similar to the IberoMaurusians (clustering somewhere around North Africans).
    No doubt much of the West Eurasian clades of E owe their origin to Ibero-Maurusians (ANA). That's because some ANA made it to Levant and assimilated into the Natufians.

E clades found in large numbers in Middle East, Near East or Europe are probably all associated with the spread of farming, along with the Natufian component that the farmers carried.

That's why I am speculating that E-V22 was part of a reverse migration back into North East Africa, followed by expansion towards SSA.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to thejkhan For This Useful Post:

Power77 (02-22-2019)

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by thejkhan View Post
    No doubt much of the West Eurasian clades of E owe their origin to Ibero-Maurusians (ANA). That's because some ANA made it to Levant and assimilated into the Natufians.

E clades found in large numbers in Middle East, Near East or Europe are probably all associated with the spread of farming, along with the Natufian component that the farmers carried.

That's why I am speculating that E-V22 was part of a reverse migration back into North East Africa, followed by expansion towards SSA.
    Only E-M35 subclades are really associated with North African or Southwest Asian autosomal patterns. All the other E's are rather non-MENA.

As for E-V22, I think it is an Afro-Asiatic haplogroup. TMRCA is within the range of the Afro-Asiatic language family. Hence, why I think it is exogenous (if you go back far enough) to South Sudan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast