Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do the South Sudanese like the Dinka have West Eurasian/North African admixture?

Registered Users
    Sex

Quote Originally Posted by thejkhan View Post
    No doubt much of the West Eurasian clades of E owe their origin to Ibero-Maurusians (ANA). That's because some ANA made it to Levant and assimilated into the Natufians.

E clades found in large numbers in Middle East, Near East or Europe are probably all associated with the spread of farming, along with the Natufian component that the farmers carried.

That's why I am speculating that E-V22 was part of a reverse migration back into North East Africa, followed by expansion towards SSA.
    Only E-M35 subclades are really associated with North African or Southwest Asian autosomal patterns. All the other E's are rather non-MENA.

As for E-V22, I think it is an Afro-Asiatic haplogroup. TMRCA is within the range of the Afro-Asiatic language family. Hence, why I think it is exogenous (if you go back far enough) to South Sudan.

Registered Users
    Sex
    Y-DNA
    E1b1b1a1a2
    mtDNA
    T1

Quote Originally Posted by NetNomad View Post
    Yeah, but the 'original'/first population that had E-V22 must have been autosomally similar to the IberoMaurusians (clustering somewhere around North Africans).

During the Green Sahara E-M78 spread all over the place.

Also, some Nilotic A-M13 lineages spread to the Mediterranean (multi-directional geneflow):

https://www.yfull.com/tree/A-M13/
    Hmm I would say the original M78 population was certainly similar to Iberomaurusians, as the Taforalt samples are close to the M78 TMRCA. I wouldn't assume the same for early V22 carriers, although it's not impossible since there were still Taforalt-like groups in North Africa at that time as seen in the IAM samples.

Quote Originally Posted by thejkhan View Post
    No doubt much of the West Eurasian clades of E owe their origin to Ibero-Maurusians (ANA). That's because some ANA made it to Levant and assimilated into the Natufians.

E clades found in large numbers in Middle East, Near East or Europe are probably all associated with the spread of farming, along with the Natufian component that the farmers carried.

That's why I am speculating that E-V22 was part of a reverse migration back into North East Africa, followed by expansion towards SSA.
    I support the idea that V22 is related to the Neolithic settlement of Egypt, either entering from West Asia as pre-V22, followed by a migration of V22 out of Egypt, or with fully formed V22 entering Egypt with the spread of the Neolithic. V22 shares an ancestor (Z1919) with European V13, so a Levantine origin of at least Z1919 certainly makes sense to explain its descendants moving to Europe and the Nile Valley.

V3262, one of the basal V22 branches, is rare in the YFull database, only reported in a few Saudis and an Eritrean. Considering the lack of Egyptian and East African samples, I wouldn't be surprised if at least this sublineage traces back to Neolithic Egypt/Sudan. The shared lineages between Saudis and Horners would be explained by more recent gene flow since the Bronze Age.

And to address the topic: M78 in South Sudan is almost certainly associated with North African gene flow. But M35 is complicated overall, with certain branches apparently migrating in/out of Africa multiple times. It's also likely Paleolithic North Africans among whom M35 seems to have originated were themselves a bit more Eurasian than African.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lank For This Useful Post:

Agamemnon (01-10-2019),  hartaisarlag (01-09-2019),  NetNomad (01-10-2019),  pgbk87 (01-11-2019),  thejkhan (01-10-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12